IGNORED

Championship record?

allyolly

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Is Warnock your dad or something? You seem to jump on any post that even slightly suggests anything negative- evidence being this very thread where someone literally just compared styles and made no further comment.

No comments on this thread, other than yours, have said anything about the success Warnock has had.

One person drew comparisons between how Wimbledon played when they were top flight, and how Warnock sides in recent times have played.

A perfectly valid and not incorrect comparison.

No he’s not my Dad. And my view is that the comment to which I replied is a perfectly invalid and incorrect comparison. I didn’t mention Warnock on this thread until someone else did with a view with which I disagreed. Presumably it’s ok with you if I post my opinion, including to point out Warnock’s success?

• Admin
12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Do you think Warnock would have survived as a successful manager for 38 years if all he got his teams to do was lump it up to a big guy up front? And that’s it? 

Would have to say, that if it is succesful then yes he probably would.

Like a Pulis team, you know what you are going to get, never going to win you the PL but will keep you there

Warnock is one of those Managers that seem to do well in getting average teams out of lower leagues, and then repeating the feet after "being found out" at the higher level

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No he’s not my Dad. And my view is that the comment to which I replied is a perfectly invalid and incorrect comparison. I didn’t mention Warnock on this thread until someone else did with a view with which I disagreed. Presumably it’s ok with you if I post my opinion, including to point out Warnock’s success?

Of course it is, I found the way you jumped on the post that you did to be unnecessary, presumably it is ok with you that I post my opinion, including about that?

It was merely a comment on the style of how two clubs play- or in Wimbledons case played- and your response was "that's some serious dislike of Neil Warnock you got there" before mentioning his promotions, which were, and remain to be, completely irrelevant to what was being said at the time.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Like a Pulis team, you know what you are going to get, never going to win you the PL but will keep you there

Warnock is one of those Managers that seem to do well in getting average teams out of lower leagues, and then repeating the feet after "being found out" at the higher level

Agreed.

I didn't answer the question because his personal success is irrelevant to the point made about comparing how Wimbledon played and how Cardiff do now.

I won't pretend to know if his teams have played like that throughout his career as a manager, but they have for as long as I can remember. He has had success with it, particularly at this level, but never made the step up successfully in the Premier League for a sustained time (in my memory) and he has a reputation for being able to turn things around in the short term. This will always lead to more job opportunities when a team fighting relegation sacks their previous manager.

6 hours ago, phantom said:

I’ve always said Warnock is a championship manager, if he gets you promoted then you say thanks very much and look for a manager who can properly cope at premier league level. I also said the same when Cotts took us up in glorious fashion from league one. We should have then been ruthless and looked for an alternative manager better equipped to the higher demands of the Championship. As I said at the time, players who are deemed not good enough for the level above when they are promoted get binned, why doesn’t the same apply for managers?

When I advocated our club going for Warnock, when we went through the nightmare of October 2016 to February 2017, I also said it should be a short term measure. That is his strength.

However, you simply cannot fluke seven promotions playing crap football, Warnock has a proud record and he has worked wonders at Cardiff. Yes, lots of people dislike his style of football but when he took over at the Redbirds in October 2016 Cardiff had 8 points, were in the relegation zone and in their lowest position for 11 years. He took them to a 12th place finish and now they are ahead of us.

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Of course it is, I found the way you jumped on the post that you did to be unnecessary, presumably it is ok with you that I post my opinion, including about that?

It was merely a comment on the style of how two clubs play- or in Wimbledons case played- and your response was "that's some serious dislike of Neil Warnock you got there" before mentioning his promotions, which were, and remain to be, completely irrelevant to what was being said at the time.

It is more than ok that you post your opinions James....this is a forum after all! The world would be very boring if we all had the same views....in the ‘pre Internet forums’ days discussions like these were held in pubs and I so much preferred those days of debate. Everything was said to someone’s face, no hiding and ferocious, yet valuable debate followed.

I once, quite rightly, caused widespread hilarity in my local pub many moons ago when I thought I was talking quietly to my mate (which is impossible after a zillion Stellas!) and confidently stated that Darren Huckerby would play lots for England if he would only lift his head up instead of zooming through defences looking at his feet!

Mind you they also laughed when I said that Frank Lampard would have a more successful career than David Beckham, and bearing in mind I said that when Frank was 17 years old and Becks was 20, I think you could argue I got that one right!

34 minutes ago, UnanIsDecent said:

81-82 season lowly 2696 for a league game.

20180131_201436.jpg

I remember that game. We were already down and it was a rearranged game. The one thing that sticks in my mind was they had Barry Kitchener playing CB for them and he must have been forty if he was a day. Grey haired and fat as ****!

Archived