IGNORED

Lucic

BRISTOL86

42 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

But, but, he played for Bayern Munich so he must be ace, or something. 

I know you’re being sarcastic....but for those who do think he was the back-up to Bayern No1 Manuel Neuer....he wasn’t!

He sat on the bench for a couple of European games, otherwise played in the Bayern 2nd team.

Shame - thought he had the makings of a good keeper.

EE96E488-734D-4DB4-B38F-03FE2F4223DF.thumb.jpeg.ab04d75d10ccc2cf6b29a1330c05dd20.jpeg

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

A players attitude is irrelevant?  I disagree,

saw him play every game he played for City and a youth game.

Usually agree with you RD, but it sounds like you're basing your opinion on him on 3 games? (2 appearances for City & a youth game)

I don't mind him leaving, I completely trust our management's decision.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

A players attitude is irrelevant?  I disagree,

saw him play every game he played for City and a youth game.

He only played a couple of games for us, it’s a shame it didn’t work out for him or us....do you really think we deduced his ‘attitude’ from his DNA? This talk of DNA around the club is getting too much, it’s a term bandied around like ‘the project’ - it doesn’t mean a lot and I’m pretty certain we haven’t got a team of scientists measuring our club’s employees’ DNA...

8 hours ago, Prinny said:

We have a glut of (we keep being told) great young goalkeepers under a great goalkeeping coach. I have no idea but it would be nice to see one good enough to sit on our bench/challenge for start soon if that's true and not coach speak.

Jojo Woollacott has been sat on the bench the last two games.

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He only played a couple of games for us, it’s a shame it didn’t work out for him or us....do you really think we deduced his ‘attitude’ from his DNA? This talk of DNA around the club is getting too much, it’s a term bandied around like ‘the project’ - it doesn’t mean a lot and I’m pretty certain we haven’t got a team of scientists measuring our club’s employees’ DNA...

:laugh:

I really hope nobody’s been listening to Mark Ashton’s interviews and genuinely believed he’s talking about actual DNA.

If so, they should probably make it a priority to buy themselves some new jeans...

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Happy to trust a management team - who’ve seen him every day in training for the best part of 2 years - ahead of fans who saw him play two games.

Exactly. I’m one of those who thought he looked great on his debut at Fulham and hoped he had the potential to be our future number one but I did not see him day in/day out in training and definitely trust the club’s judgement over mine.

We have two other young keepers with potential and obviously the club think they are more likely to make it in the long term. Good luck to Lucic elsewhere but this helps clear a path for O’Leary or Wollacott to show what they can do.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Are you joking? Its not literal DNA !  

22 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Max O'Leary could well be our keeper in a few years

He reminds me of Edwin Van der Sar in build, although he is starting to fill out.  I think he could make it....whether that’s at this level who knows, but he’s gone into a struggling side at Solihull Moors, and kept a series of clean sheets (9games, 5goals conceded, 4clean sheets), to lift them from bottom 24th to 21st.

Mature too for his age.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Of course I wasn’t being serious - just making the point it’s another ridiculous term that has crept into modern football...

not at all, a toxic player can be a disaster in the dressing room sapping the confidence out of a team quicker then rovers fans punching horses 

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Happy to trust a management team - who’ve seen him every day in training for the best part of 2 years - ahead of fans who saw him play two games.

And tbf in one of those games he conceded a shocking goal at his near post. Sometimes for whatever reason things just don’t work out.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So you can’t see the benefit that is recruiting the right type of player (and getting shot of the toxic one) has brought? 

Yes I can, just don’t see why we are using the umbrella term ‘DNA’ to characterise a player, it’s being used so much. Sure we can investigate a player’s attitude, commitment, values, off field persona etc, but to call it DNA constantly is annoying.

Bit like on here last season when just about every post (ok I exaggerate) included ‘agenda’, delusional’, ‘the project’ etc - argh!

First world problems eh?!

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes I can, just don’t see why we are using the umbrella term ‘DNA’ to characterise a player, it’s being used so much. Sure we can investigate a player’s attitude, commitment, values, off field persona etc, but to call it DNA constantly is annoying.

Bit like on here last season when just about every post (ok I exaggerate) included ‘agenda’, delusional’, ‘the project’ etc - argh!

First world problems eh?!

“We need to make sure anyone we bring in has the right attitude, commitment, values, off field persona, social life, family set up, lifestyle, etc. for Bristol City. Everyone we have here now has proven themselves to have the right attitude, commitment, values, off field persona, social life, family set up, lifestyle, etc. for Bristol City, and we’re really aiming to establish a clear attitude, commitment, set of values, off field persona, social life, family set up, lifestyle, etc. that becomes synonymous with Bristol City”

Or...

”We need to make sure anyone we bring in has the right DNA. Everyone we have here now has proven themselves to have the right DNA, and we’re really aiming to establish it as the expected ‘Bristol City DNA’.”

Nope, me neither. :P

I’d understand if it were a new-fangled term that we’d invented and were pushing, but ‘DNA’ has been used to mean “the fundamental characteristics” of things or people for generations. Bristol City haven’t coined this usage. It’s become a buzzword for us, sure, but it means what it means.

Archived