IGNORED

Sprinklers to deter homeless sleeping

Talk Of The Town

14 hours ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Tanning salon in broadmead has installed sprinklers in their doorway to deter the homeless.

wos fink?

Interesting topic this and both sides to the argument.

Speaking personally, I completely agree with the shop owners. I live in a block of flats in BS3 where homeless people use the car park to raid the bins and leave litter strewn everywhere, take drugs, drink, defecate and have been known to go on drug/drink binges, not including occasional car vandalisation where I've had to call the police. So I completely agree with property owners of any kind taking measures to stop such things.

We're often subject to the image of the poor homeless people who urgently need our help, but in my experience they're best described as the above who have none of my sympathies as they have no respect. That is why I choose to donate to shelters rather than give hand outs to those begging on the street.

Last time I did give to a guy on the street I later saw him gambling his money in the local Coral bookies on my lunch break.

7 hours ago, SARJ said:

Interesting topic this and both sides to the argument.

Speaking personally, I completely agree with the shop owners. I live in a block of flats in BS3 where homeless people use the car park to raid the bins and leave litter strewn everywhere, take drugs, drink, defecate and have been known to go on drug/drink binges, not including occasional car vandalisation where I've had to call the police. So I completely agree with property owners of any kind taking measures to stop such things.

We're often subject to the image of the poor homeless people who urgently need our help, but in my experience they're best described as the above who have none of my sympathies as they have no respect. That is why I choose to donate to shelters rather than give hand outs to those begging on the street.

Last time I did give to a guy on the street I later saw him gambling his money in the local Coral bookies on my lunch break.

I guess all the people who said the shop was wrong for doing it will open their doors to the homeless that were effected,will they ****  

Are these doorway sprinklers Championship standard?

For some years now some Italian cities hose down public squares and so forth officially to keep them clean and looking their best. Unofficially, it's to stop tourists from sitting down and making the place look less attractive.

Archived