IGNORED

The official Bolton Wanderers FC v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Unan

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

- We're shit against teams that sit back and try and break/nick one

- STILL a side that can't put a good ball in to the box - must be so frustrating for Flint and Diedhiou

- Smith wasted at RB

- Paterson bang out of form, Eliasson would do a better job based on tonight

- Pack shocker

- Bryan piss weak in the tackle after getting booked for no reason early on. WHY.

+ Kent had a good first half

+ Reasonable away following all things considered

+ Not a best XI tonight, Pisano, Baker, Fielding all key players and all missed.

We go again.

'Kent had a good first half'? Really? I don't think he passed to one of our players all game, kept cutting inside and they sussed him very quickly and took the ball off him very quickly.

Come back COD FFS, Kent was awful! He wasn't the only one though.

Just one of those nights where they were all poor, even LJ, taking Marlon off and leaving Kent on? Nah.

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

'Kent had a good first half'? Really? I don't think he passed to one of our players all game, kept cutting inside and they sussed him very quickly and took the ball off him very quickly.

Come back COD FFS, Kent was awful! He wasn't the only one though.

Just one of those nights where they were all poor, even LJ, taking Marlon off and leaving Kent on? Nah.

He was positive, ran at players, I thought he had a good first half. Second half he gave the ball away markedly more imo.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

He was positive, ran at players, I thought he had a good first half. Second half he gave the ball away markedly more imo.

and lost the ball every time putting pressure on our defence, even in the first half. I don't want to make him a scapegoat but he was properly pissing me off tonight. Every time, cut inside, lose the ball, repeat....

He wasn't the only reason we lost though, we just didn't turn up! 

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

and lost the ball every time putting pressure on our defence, even in the first half. I don't want to make him a scapegoat but he was properly pissing me off tonight. Every time, cut inside, lose the ball, repeat....

He wasn't the only reason we lost though, we just didn't turn up! 

In fairness, they used the pitch really well. Any winger would've struggled today, Paterson was poor for the same reason. Used to be a winger so happy to rally to his cause!

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

In fairness, they used the pitch really well. Any winger would've struggled today, Paterson was poor for the same reason. Used to be a winger so happy to rally to his cause!

They were in the bottom 3 my friend, we were awful by our standards, Kent was one of the poorest IMHO. You may differ but it doesn't change the fact that wasn't the City we've become used to. 

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

They were in the bottom 3 my friend, we were awful by our standards, Kent was one of the poorest IMHO. You may differ but it doesn't change the fact that wasn't the City we've become used to. 

I've slammed that performance in this thread. Go back a few pages :thumbsup:

I thought Kent played comparatively well, our most positive player running forward and at least trying to make things happen.

If you're looking for poor performances I'd look to Bryan, Wright, Pack, Brownhill and Paterson long before I scrutinised Kent.

Massively disappointing performance - any team with serious designs on the play offs, let alone 2nd place, simply can't play so collectively ineptly over 90 minutes.

We'll have lost a lot of our accumulated goodwill from the TV masses after that shambles, and deservedly so.

Just awful.

12 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

No we aren’t, and I think you agree. I mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago about our fascination with long throws, and the fact that we get an end product from them about once in eve4y 20 games.

Our set pieces tonight were awful, and that is becomie the norm.

We had a clear lack of movement off the ball tonight, this led to static players wanting the ball to feet, this led to Bolton’s players reading literally every forward pass we played. 

Thats where there extra strength in the 50 50’s counted. 

We need to get back to passing and most importantly ‘moving’ off the ball, we didn’t do that tonight.

Imo Bobby Reid was our sole real threat tonight, he constantly got into areas and space where he wanted the ball, but a combination of sluggish passing, holding on to the ball far too long ( Kent especially) stopped us utilising him.

spot on.

A lacklustre, disinterested and spineless performsnce  from one and all.

None of our lot emerged from that awful game with any credit. Woeful and inept against a crap side that simply had a lot more desire and energy.

We lost every 50/50 tackle and even some that were in our favour.

Last night proved that we really should have signed a decent, proven right-back.

Diedhiou needs to man up. He lacks pace and physicality. Too easily bossed by two below-average centre backs.

Diony? Too early to judge, but my initial thoughts are we could have got someone much better for less money.

They all need a rocket up the jacksy.

No chance of making the play-offs if we continue to play as bad as that.

14 hours ago, watkins1983 said:

Where did Mark Littles pace come from? Remember him getting done quite a lot last year for us but seemed sharp tonight. Or were we that slow?

To me, he looked slimmer and fitter than when he was at AG,  perhaps he goes to the same fitness trainer as Reid.

Archived