IGNORED

Diedhiou

Londoner

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

I suspect he did watch those games but was waiting for him to have an off night in order to slag him off, having already jumped to a conclusion on him after about 3 weeks of this season. 

Sadly, it seems he isn't alone.

Am I wrong. Of course I'm not. Anyone who has watched him knows his touch is shit he has no pace and constantly loses position.....i wouldn' expect that from a bristol city 5 mil signing.

43 minutes ago, red panda said:

Or perhaps they watch Match of the Day, which just shows the very best bits from each PL match, leaving out most of the dross, and expect us to play like that for a whole 90 minutes

I’ve run out of likes to give otherwise this would be getting one from me. 

I think it's clear we don't have a natural 20 goal odd per season striker at the club, certainly not a Kodjia or a Tammy, Bobby has stepped up but is struggling to score enough on his own, not demeaning the club for having a punt on Fammy but he is never going to score enough for us to compete with the top clubs in this division, who have recruited more than their fair share of strikers. It's been a blind spot for us, as is defensive cover, the like of which we are paying for now RB has been an issue ever since Pisano was injured nothing has changed. 

It was fun while it lasted, and we have had a terrific 'front nine' but don't think we have enough in the squad now, to make the cut.

Typical City, whilst other clubs kick on and push for promotion whilst we stand aside.

7 minutes ago, Londoner said:

What did he say 

Post #35 on page 1 - as usual made some good points.

12 hours ago, Olé said:

Haha you've had another shocker. He was a 6 at best but both of these statements are way off what he brings to the team which is a decent touch and lay off - as per his last few games. Can't speak for TV but at the Macron he was our best player for the first quarter of an hour and the issue was any understanding around him. He is smart and always trying to drop and give a teammate the chance to break. By no means his best game for us but this reaction is comical, were you at Ipswich?

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Righto, so because you disagree with one aspect of the post, you won’t address the rest of it. Not a very ‘academic’ way to approach a debate!

Who needs a debate? Londoner has spoken. I am sure he will be telling you why he is qualified to make statements and not give opinions in his next post. 

Fam is what he is. He is big, strong and a hard worker. He doesn’t have the touch or passing Bobby does or even Djuric. What he does offer is creating the space for the other striker. He does this better than Djuric with his physicality getting into the body of defenders while Djuric looks for the space to flick on or bring it down. Famara also offers a willing runner into the channels. Not to score for himself but again to drag defenders out of position. On top of that he does tend to pop up with goals. So if you are looking at Fam to have a great touch and turn and fire a shot from 20 yards into the bottom corner then you will be disappointed. For 3/4 of a mil cheaper than Gary Madine with close to the same amount of goals while out for 3 months I know who I would rather have. 

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

All true, but the fact is we need to do better against these sort of sides.

We face Sunderland next week, have Brum, Burton and Millwall to play yet too.

You can guarantee at least 3 of these will play like Bolton, we can’t go out there and think we are too good to compete with them and win.

LJ’s comments afterwards were spot on, we ducked out of a lot of 50:50s and that sets a tone, one we could not seem to recover from.

Final point, he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but last night showed for me why we should have given Mark Little another year, 100% committed and unlike his replacement, available 90% of the time.

Mark Little suffered from a very bad shoulder injury which kept him out of our side for months .

Little is like " Bill " and Freeman for me a trier but not quite skillful enough to help us move up the league . 

On 03/02/2018 at 08:41, MattWSM said:

He is average at best but unlike Matty Taylor at this level he does score goals. 

O' Dowda could give City their spark back again when he returns.

Get rid of him in the summer and Taylor. Both not good enough at this level. Another poor performance today. Both players first touch is not championship standard

2 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

What do you expect when he was marked by 2-3 

I expect a centre forward to at least challenge for headers, not wait for the ball to come to him and constantly lose possession. Sorry but we spent 5.5 million on him and he never seems to play like he is bothered. He aint the best.

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He was bad today granted but get rid? Seriously?

Yes, I know not popular but that's how I see it - It's not the first bad game, in my opinion he has had many but saving grace he has scored in those matches. If the goals dry up think he will be on the bench more often than not. Taylor Diedhou and Kent bring on last 15 minutes against a tired defence but not from the start. For Barnsley drop Diedhou for Durij. See what the consensus is it at the end of 2018.

6 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Yes, I know not popular but that's how I see it - It's not the first bad game, in my opinion he has had many but saving grace he has scored in those matches. If the goals dry up think he will be on the bench more often than not. Taylor Diedhou and Kent bring on last 15 minutes against a tired defence but not from the start. For Barnsley drop Diedhou for Durij. See what the consensus is it at the end of 2018.

He has cost us points since he came back, your defence starts from the front. His lethargic behaviour vs Leeds and Sunderland cost us as it  put our defence under pressure. I simply do not rate him either.

32 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

I expect a centre forward to at least challenge for headers, not wait for the ball to come to him and constantly lose possession. Sorry but we spent 5.5 million on him and he never seems to play like he is bothered. He aint the best.

Sounds most strikers on a bad day.

I have to disagree with you on he plays like he doesn’t care

4 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

How were you in that weather today?

like I said he was heavily marked as well, in fact We should congratulate Ipswich for strangling the game so well

Oh come off it you cant use the weather as an excuse!

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He has been very poor last 2 games. However he has also had a lot of good games. Shown more than enough to show he will be a decent player next season when hopefully he won't be injured. 

More than last two - Was he good at Leeds. I appreciate he scored but overall performance is what i am getting at. If the goals dry up it will highlight the point more

3 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

More than last two - Was he good at Leeds. I appreciate he scored but overall performance is what i am getting at. If the goals dry up it will highlight the point more

He was good away at Preston and home Sheff Wed. I think you are being really unfair on him - his fitness tells after an hour but he was out for a number of months.

2 goals at Leeds yet you moan at him - he was left on pitch when clearly not useful after an hour. 

Also when you consider how bad the likes of Diony, Taylor and Woodrow are too - he isn't anywhere near as bad as you make out. I'd be happy with him, Djuric, Reid and a pacy striker for next season. 

Archived