IGNORED

Free travel for Fulham fans

myol'man

18 minutes ago, RedM said:

A thing CATS sometimes did way back, probably mid/late 80’s was that we had one coach who would go much earlier in the day (for evening matches) and you could have a day at the away town, go to the match then get the coach back after as normal. I did this for Brighton and Blackpool. I quite like looking around other places, having something to eat etc,even if only for a couple of hours, better than getting off the coach and having to go straight in. 

That probably wouldn't now fit within the "Voluntary Guidelines on the carriage of passengers to designated sporting events in England and Wales" which are seemingly voluntary in name only since police forces have said if you don't obey them, they'll report coach operators to the Traffic Commissioner.

"b. Coaches are not to stop within 10 miles of the venue either en route to or on departure from the event unless prior agreement is obtained from the local police liaison officer.

c. Coaches are to arrive at the venue no earlier than two hours before and not later than one hour before the scheduled start of the game, unless otherwise directed by police"

"Operators are expected to comply with these guidelines on a voluntary basis. However if the police inform the Traffic Commissioner of any failure on an operator s part to comply with them the Commissioner will be likely to apply them as a formal condition to that operator s licence under the authority of Section 16(3) of the Public Passenger Vehicles Act."

"

10 hours ago, RedM said:

A thing CATS sometimes did way back, probably mid/late 80’s was that we had one coach who would go much earlier in the day (for evening matches) and you could have a day at the away town, go to the match then get the coach back after as normal. I did this for Brighton and Blackpool. I quite like looking around other places, having something to eat etc,even if only for a couple of hours, better than getting off the coach and having to go straight in. 

I did this for both of those and IIRC it rained cats and dogs all day both times! Also, the centre of Brighton was a bloody long way from the Goldstone Ground in Hove.

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I did this for both of those and IIRC it rained cats and dogs all day both times! Also, the centre of Brighton was a bloody long way from the Goldstone Ground in Hove.

I did one for Torquay in the league Cup. One for Portsmouth in Anglo Italian (stayed in Southsea all day) and finally a Blackpool. 

These were usually Beryl's idea. We used to have a CATS summer away day too (Dawlish and Weymouth). There were also coaches to friendlies too.

Archived