IGNORED

Are City too soft / nice against the opposition?

reddogkev

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting comment by Xabi Alonso, one of the most underrated midfielders of recent years, who said in his eyes that if he had to make a tackle then it was because he must have made a mistake.

Underrated by whom?

Beyond the at times quite inward looking English football media (and in particular those who love to hype) his quality was there for all to see.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Underrated by whom?

Beyond the at times quite inward looking English football media (and in particular those who love to hype) his quality was there for all to see.

I thought that. Quality player but certainly one the English papers liked, wasn't he?

More fool Benitez for letting him go to Madrid and almost trying to replace him with Gareth Barry :laughcont:

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Underrated by whom?

By the English football media..

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I thought that. Quality player but certainly one the English papers liked, wasn't he?

More fool Benitez for letting him go to Madrid and almost trying to replace him with Gareth Barry :laughcont:

Had forgot the Barry replacement plan... That was daft indeed.

Our English football media, particularly the tabloids love the hype and perhaps have lauded flashier players, while overlooking world class if understated player's such as Alonso. I'm being a bit charitable towards some of said tabloid football coverage.

13 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

FFS, I think today shows we are far too soft.  I can't see how a team should throw away that sort of lead from such a dominant position.

We were not soft, we were totally unprofessional. The times we over elaborated all through the game were ridiculous and the attitude was we are too good for them. Pretty clear Diony wasn't, but not singling him out, we got undone by the team thinking they were going to walk off with it! That is unprofessional not soft IMO

Archived