IGNORED

The Bristol City v Sunderland Match Day Thread 31

16 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Its a good result when you take a good, hard look at what a patched up side we out there today. We got lots of players playing out of position and dare I say it a couple who are drastically out of form, or not match fit. We have Baker and Pisano to comeback and Lois to get to grips with the English game and show us why he has demanded such a large fee in France. Id say that we may have the best of City still to come this season, and at such a pivotal time, lets get into the play off's and the premiership, YOU REDS!!!!!!

Johnson has the options, he just chooses not to use them

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

It’s hard to pick a result to sum up 22 years of being a Bristol City fan. But, if pushed, I’d probably choose throwing away a 3-0 lead against the worst team in the league, scoring two own goals along the way, and conceding the last in additional time.

Soemtimes you have to just laugh. 

Sums it up quite nicely I think. 

We are the footballing equivalent of pissing into the wind at times. 

18 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Its a good result when you take a good, hard look at what a patched up side we out there today. We got lots of players playing out of position and dare I say it a couple who are drastically out of form, or not match fit. We have Baker and Pisano to comeback and Lois to get to grips with the English game and show us why he has demanded such a large fee in France. Id say that we may have the best of City still to come this season, and at such a pivotal time, lets get into the play off's and the premiership, YOU REDS!!!!!!

Get in the bin.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

It’s hard to pick a result to sum up 22 years of being a Bristol City fan. But, if pushed, I’d probably choose throwing away a 3-0 lead against the worst team in the league, scoring two own goals along the way, and conceding the last in additional time.

Soemtimes you have to just laugh. 

Yep. I guess at least we ain't where Sunderland are. In the league table and also on a map.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

As I have commented on an earlier thread.the club weren't preparing to gear up for promotion but to pursue their unchanging transfer policy.  If following that policy and we achieved promotion fine, if not the plan remains intact to move forward and make progress slowly.  This is our policy, but not necessarily one I and others agree with.  Better in my opinion to build on success whenever it comes

Hey ho! Same old City some of us have known for decade after decade

We won't have Flint or Bryan next season possibly Reid too.

This is the season we needed to push the boat out imho

• Like 2

Two points dropped that could make the difference in the playoff race: a really bad signal too.

Their goals were lucky (two OG, one invented freekick), but it does'nt change the fact that it's unforgivable to draw a match against the worst side of the league when you're 3-0 up.

The players could have done better, but to me it'sn mainly LJ's fault: with Diony on the pitch, we were playing like if we were 10 against 11, and when Sunderland was growing (after their first goal), LJ should have done some changes.

Really disappointed with this point.

Honestly, it's pretty gutting to draw that particularly given how in control we were. But they've been very lucky today, give them credit for not giving up, but they have been lucky. We had plenty of chances to go 4 up and 4-1 up and 4-2 up. They rarely looked like scoring bar a worldly from FF. They've needed two own goals to get the result. We looked uncharacteristically poor from set pieces/crosses but overall were the better team. It hasn't come off but on another day that same performance results in a rout. It's easy to overreact in the immediate aftermath of losing a three goal lead because it feels like a terrible defeat. 

• Like 1

Well. That was awful. As others have said, you have to laugh. One or two players not quite as good as they think they are. Maybe that applies to the whole set up. Become a bit smug. Achieved very little thus far I'm afraid. Today was a shockingly poor result given our advantage. I can think of few worse.