IGNORED

Diony

BCFCinNW6

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he was decent in his cameo v QPR.

I thought he did little v Bolton (in a below par team performance, Let’s not forget)

I thought he did ok v Sunderland (but people happy to tar him with the 0-3 second half)

So on average he’s been ok imho.  Do I expect more?  Yes, if we are going to contemplate buying after trying!!  It’s a tough league to find your feet, that’s not his fault, it’s the recruitment team, they took the gamble of bringing him in mid-season with no experience of this league or this country. 

I think if we’d won 3-0 on Saturday most people would have a different view, they’d say he probably didn’t look at his sharpest, but he got it into feet, moved it on, linked it up....but I really don’t get the shocking comments....and certainly not all 3 games.

On an aside, I also think that if you analyse Bobby’s performance, he was very quiet for 20 minutes, then sprang into life (funnily enough - after he got kicked for the first time).  He then was at the centre of most good things for another 20 minutes.  That 20 minutes was great, but the first 20 weren’t.  Yet most people will forget the opening 20 and rate his performance on the 20 that followed.  I don’t have a problem with that, but at least recognise that it wasn’t a stellar 45 from Bobby.

All about opinions though!

Personally, I don't consider 10 minutes of aimless running and barely touching the ball as 'decent'. Just because he has a huge reputation and price tag does not mean that we have to pretend that his performances have been something that they are not. If Woodrow had performed that badly the knives would really be out. 

1 minute ago, Chappers said:

Personally, I don't consider 10 minutes of aimless running and barely touching the ball as 'decent'. Just because he has a huge reputation and price tag does not mean that we have to pretend that his performances have been something that they are not. If Woodrow had performed that badly the knives would really be out. 

Obvious difference is that Woodrow has been here almost 6 months and knows the style, is playing in his home country, has teammates speaking his primary language and hasn’t been suffering with flu.. but apart from all those factors yes. 

On 11/02/2018 at 13:46, pillred said:

but from what we have seen he has been disappointing, not having a crystal ball you can only have an opinion on what you have seen, the rest would just be speculation.

And no one has said you can't have an opinion.

What has been said is that less than 90 minutes of football is unlikely to give enough full information to form an accurate view of his game to base your opinion on.

And writing off a player after such little time is acting as if you have a crystal ball.

8 minutes ago, Chappers said:

The knives were out for Woodrow irrespective of how he played :P

Re Diony, we have differing opinions. That’s fine. 

I hope he improves and becomes a valuable asset in our run in. Only he can prove that ultimately. I don’t believe any of us want him to fail irrespective of our initial views. 

I wonder if some people are so eager to write him off or be incredibly critical because it ‘proves them right’?

People were clamouring for a forward with Championship experience. Names like Grabban, Hugill, Afobe.. even Abraham being mentioned. 

I don’t blame people for wanting that, I liked the idea of Afobe or Hugill.

Instead we got someone from abroad with no Championship experience who hasn’t scored all season. A bit of a come down and definitely a risk.

Does desire to be ‘proven right’ explain this vapid desire to judge him negatively?

I'm more than happy to give Lois time to settle, it's a huge change for a player, lacking confidence in the French league to the hustle and bustle of the Championship plus he needs to get his confidence back. As mentioned earlier, some of his runs were excellent but not picked up, that will come with time. If he can play v Liverpool, it can't do any harm so I would imagine he will play.

Of more concern for me, and I feel quite sorry for the bloke, was Bailey at left sided centre half, he looked like a full back playing in the middle which, I guess, he is at the moment. He's done a sterling job at RB but it appears to be to the detriment of his skills at his preferred position. The fact he was on the wrong side won't have helped him either. This isn't a criticism of Bailey, more that he's been a diamond and played where he was needed and it had an effect on his performance on Saturday. All being well, he can start to concentrate on CH again once Eros is back. It appears to be Bakes +1 at CH as Bailey is so right footed.

His willingness to help out was to his detriment against Sunderland IMHO.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The knives were out for Woodrow irrespective of how he played :P

Re Diony, we have differing opinions. That’s fine. 

I hope he improves and becomes a valuable asset in our run in. Only he can prove that ultimately. I don’t believe any of us want him to fail irrespective of our initial views. 

I obviously hope that he does succeed and proves to be a bargain, in fact I'm sure everybody does. I'm just observing the ridiculous hype and looking for positives, rather than accepting that performances to date have been less than stunning. My big concern is that we are not in a position to accommodate him and his issues right now, and that the Championship is not the right place for him now. If he doesn't come good soon, it won't be good for him, the team or the supporters. Let's just hope he proves me wrong and scores 3 in 3 or something.

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

And no one has said you can't have an opinion.

What has been said is that less than 90 minutes of football is unlikely to give enough full information to form an accurate view of his game to base your opinion on.

And writing off a player after such little time is acting as if you have a crystal ball.

for gods sake I'm not writing him off, I just said based on what limited action WE have seen you would form the opinion he was not up to it, I didn't say he would never be any good, there is a difference, you have totally missed my point I'm afraid. 

Archived