IGNORED

If we appointed Warnock in Feb 2016....where would we be now?

tinman85

RedSA

Fair enough with your comment, but Steve Lansdown has wanted Premier League, understandably, for years and the stadium has been developed with that in mind.  Few of us get everything in life.  The fans may prefer a style of football, Steve Lansdown wants Premier League football.

Who plays a good style of football and is in the Premier League?  Liverpool and Manchester City.  I think we have to be realistic.

Listening to Radio Bristol now, many people supporting Neil Warnock's achievements and giving him credit, regardless that they don't want that kind of football for Bristol City.

7 minutes ago, Redland said:

Just because you don't agree with a thread does not make it "shocking".

As for getting "dabbed on"" I suggest you remind yourself of the title of this thread and then look at the league table. 

You got exposed in that thread and also in this. Your points about long ball football are nothing to do with the league table.

28 minutes ago, cityfan said:

You may not like his style, but it looks like 3 points for him today, second place in the league and 13 points ahead of City of the game stays 1-0.

Love him or loathe him, he is a brilliant bet for getting you promoted to the Premier League and £100 million.

Spot on , too many hating warnock , while he is in the top two and we cling to the playoffs , you either employ nailed on results   , or a rookie who keeps on making mistakes.    

If Warnock ever took charge of us I would be at home tbh. Would never ever watch that shit. Yeah, he won, he’ll take them up blah blah blah but that “football” isn’t for me. If you are the pragmatic type who would take the end result over everything and actually pay to watch that shit then good on you but not me.

18.5k Home fans today says it all.

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

I don't have time to do that thanks. But please enlighten me 

Thank you for the confession that you have made a claim without first doing the appropriate research to support that claim. It's not a particularly impressive reflection on you though considering I've posted them once here already so I'll just repeat my posting from the other day...

On 2/23/2018 at 10:46, View from the Dolman said:

Bristol City 15/16 wage bill: £17.4m (353 employees)
Bristol City 16/17 wage bill: £20.9m (613 employees)

Cardiff City 15/16 wage bill: £33.5m (186 employees)
Cardiff City 16/17 wage bill: tba...

...these are based on publicly avaiable figures at Companies House and reflect the Bristol City Holdings group and the Cardiff City Football Club (Holdings) group. 

Figures for CCFC (H)'s 16/17 are due to be submitted to Companies House by the end of the month.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You got exposed in that thread and also in this. Your points about long ball football are nothing to do with the league table.

I was simply referring to the Optma long ball stats as reported in the EP.  I don't see how this got me exposed. 

Personally I think Warnock has been a  very successful manager. In recent years he kept a very poor Rotherham side up, then kept Cardiff up and they are now in the automatic promotion places whereas we have only won one match this year. He has not spent much at Cardiff and if he had come here I don't see why we would not have enjoyed similar success. Just my humble opinion and I appreciate not one welcome by most on this forum. 

I actually agree that Warnock would do well for us BUT it would be ugly and after he left we'd not have any structure left meaning a lot of fixing to be done. 

Cardiff may get promotion this season but their style will not keep them up, they'd need some serious signings and a change of style. 

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Thank you for the confession that you have made a claim without first doing the appropriate research to support that claim. It's not a particularly impressive reflection on you though considering I've posted them once here already so I'll just repeat my posting from the other day...

...these are based on publicly avaiable figures at Companies House and reflect the Bristol City Holdings group and the Cardiff City Football Club (Holdings) group. 

Figures for CCFC (H)'s 16/17 are due to be submitted to Companies House by the end of the month.

Sorry, have to stop you right there, forum rules state. - "you cannot post facts that get in the way of other posters agendas"

Don't do it again! :whistle:

13 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Sorry, have to stop you right there, forum rules state. - "you cannot post facts that get in the way of other posters agendas"

Don't do it again! :whistle:

It's ok. I'm sure @tinman85 isn't deliberately ignoring the facts after asking so politely for them. I'm sure a well-balanced, open-minded individual is wholly open to being enlightened.

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's ok. I'm sure @tinman85 isn't deliberately ignoring the facts after asking so politely for them. I'm sure a well-balanced, open-minded individual is wholly open to being enlightened.

If not try @Londoner, he's very fair with no personal agenda whatsoever :clapping:

I have called him out twice today, asking which club he actually supports. No surprise to me that I have had no reply.

Today was the epitome of "The only thing that matters is getting a result".

Many people have said that in the past - fair enough perhaps.

I am in the "I want to see a good game of football" camp - Wednesday was a good example of that.

Obviously you want SOME good results (more good than bad), but I want to be entertained at football. Today I wasn't and even if we had won, I wouldn't have been. I feel short-changed.

51 minutes ago, Redland said:

I was simply referring to the Optma long ball stats as reported in the EP.  I don't see how this got me exposed. 

In the earlier thread you made spread some wild speculation as fact that we'd signed far more players under Johnson than we actually had, you also didn't factor in youth players. Wasn't very impressive.

In this thread you tried to construct some odd implication that we're some sort of ugly long ball team whilst actually ignoring people telling you that long balls are very perceptive and that actually the Post article was misleading.

51 minutes ago, Redland said:

He has not spent much at Cardiff

To name but two examples - he signed someone in January that would've broken out transfer record.. their wage bill (as posted in this thread) is far far higher than ours. He has spent at Cardiff.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In the earlier thread you made spread some wild speculation as fact that we'd signed far more players under Johnson than we actually had, you also didn't factor in youth players. Wasn't very impressive.

In this thread you tried to construct some odd implication that we're some sort of ugly long ball team whilst actually ignoring people telling you that long balls are very perceptive and that actually the Post article was misleading.

To name but two examples - he signed someone in January that would've broken out transfer record.. their wage bill (as posted in this thread) is far far higher than ours. He has spent at Cardiff.

Yawn. 

12 minutes ago, cityfan said:

Good football or not, the Cardiff Chairman isn't going to care when he gets £100 million plus Cardiff exposed to the far East. Chairman and football supporters interests in general are not-aligned. We want flair and entertainment, they want a booming business!!

Cardiff promoted today? Breaking news

One of the eternal questions has always been, if a tree falls in a forest does it make a sound if no one is around to hear it?

My question is, if a team gets promoted and there are fewer people around prepared to go and watch them, is that still a success? I suppose Tan will be happy with the TV money income, but in the longer term when the inevitable relegation comes, what legacy support will they have?

Archived