IGNORED

Bristol City Re-Boot Required

NewquayRed

Feels like the Cardiff game is the end to what has been a very difficult period, very much shit of bust now with games coming up that if we win could, could spark a return to form at the perfect time - god knows were due !

Personally I think LJ needs to stay true to kind of football and the team that was so successful for the first few months of this season. We have to face it January's signings were in some cases a disaster and in others promising for the future, as it stands our best hope remains with the squad that got us here hitting some form and finishing what they started, possibly blooding some of the youth.

Feels like were a completely different team to those amazing performances in Aug to Dec last year, I still feel like we have one more push left in us and something to prove before the season ends. 

What does LJ do next in terms of line up, we need a spark from somewhere ?

12 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

Feels like the Cardiff game is the end to what has been a very difficult period, very much shit of bust now with games coming up that if we win could, could spark a return to form at the perfect time - god knows were due !

Personally I think LJ needs to stay true to kind of football and the team that was so successful for the first few months of this season. We have to face it January's signings were in some cases a disaster and in others promising for the future, as it stands our best hope remains with the squad that got us here hitting some form and finishing what they started, possibly blooding some of the youth.

Feels like were a completely different team to those amazing performances in Aug to Dec last year, I still feel like we have one more push left in us and something to prove before the season ends. 

What does LJ do next in terms of line up, we need a spark from somewhere ?

If Famara and Baker are unavailable  again then we don't have much choice but return to the way we were .

May be life was so very simple then . 

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Diony needs a reboot....or at least new studs judging by how often he falls over when he gets the ball.

Does having the ball hit you and bounce away 20 yards, really class as “getting the ball”, or just being shite..?

I love Famara, and yes he has scored a few - but we look worse as a team when we accommodate him. yes, 3-3 - 2-2  you have to blame the defensive abilities of the team, but we just looked so much better packing midfield with Reid wearing out the grass all over the opposition half earlier in the season. 

6 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Could play Bryan in a slightly deeper LM/LWB role allowing Mags to stay closer to Kelly in defence and give him a bit of additional cover/support. 3-5-2 with Flint, Kelly, Mags at the back and Bryan running the wing with I guess Wright in a RWB role?

I wouldn't play Wright at full back. At full back he is a liability. Put Wright alongside Flint and Mags and play Bryan and Kelly as the full backs.

The reboot needs to be with the coaching staff, viz

1. Inculcate a positive mentality 

2.Train them to take free kicks and corners with menace

3. Decide on a plan a and a plan b for the match and ensure players understand their roles within the plans and keep to it.

4. Select a captain who takes on field responsibility

5. Only select 100% fit players. Fit both physically and mentally

Hardly rocket science

4 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I wouldn't play Wright at full back. At full back he is a liability. Put Wright alongside Flint and Mags and play Bryan and Kelly as the full backs.

Fair enough, I had it in my head he was left footed? I was thinking along the lines of;

---------------Fielding---------------

-----Flint-----Kelly-----Mags----

Wright------------------------Bryan

----------Smith-------Walsh-------

-------------------Pato-----------------

-------Reid--------Diedhou-------

But you're right, the only worry for me there is Wright at RB. (Pato wouldn't be quite as high as he looks, just slightly in front of Walsh and Smith in a triangle shape, and could alternative in the game with Walsh when applicable.)

5 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Fair enough, I had it in my head he was left footed? I was thinking along the lines of;

---------------Fielding---------------

-----Flint-----Kelly-----Mags----

Wright------------------------Bryan

----------Smith-------Walsh-------

-------------------Pato-----------------

-------Reid--------Diedhou-------

But you're right, the only worry for me there is Wright at RB. (Pato wouldn't be quite as high as he looks, just slightly in front of Walsh and Smith in a triangle shape, and could alternative in the game with Walsh when applicable.)

I thought Pack was back for the Weds game? Would also much prefer Brownhill at RWB over Wright.

54 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Can't help but think now would be a good time to give a youngster/fringe players some game time. Might freshen things up a little bit. Lloyd Kelly anyone?

Vyner. Oops, sorry he's on loan. Moore, Morrell, McCoulsky, Dowding, O'Leary, Plavotic, Edwards and so on are all on loan. How did Kelly escape? 

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I thought Pack was back for the Weds game? Would also much prefer Brownhill at RWB over Wright.

He is, but I was thinking of having Bryan play a deeper LM/LWB (supporting Mags - who would be closer to Kelly) so thought tactically Walsh would be better suited as a player with a little bit extra freedom in the middle to push forward. 

Archived