IGNORED

1860 Munchen....

BS4 on Tour...

....took 14,000 fans to an away game in Nuremberg on the Saturday just gone....they are in the 4th tier in Germany and obviously share a City with Bayern Munich...some effort that, surely only the gas could possibly beat that with their ‘faithful and true’ immense away followings...

Some great pics here:

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/1860-münchen-14-000-away-fan-in-german-4th-division.20591/

7 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Should also be noted that they were playing a 'B' team too, so not even a proper fixture. Truly amazing support. 

Yep it was Nuremberg’s reserves wasn’t it as Nuremberg’s first team is in the second tier in Germany? 1860 are top of the 4th tier - ahead of Bayern’s reserves which must please them greatly! A fall from grace due to bad ownership I believe, but what loyal fans!

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep it was Nuremberg’s reserves wasn’t it as Nuremberg’s first team is in the second tier in Germany? 1860 are top of the 4th tier - ahead of Bayern’s reserves which must please them greatly! A fall from grace due to bad ownership I believe, but what loyal fans!

Just been looking into it and it is a real stand off between owner and fans. The owner bought 60% of the club, but didn't realise he only had 49% of the voting power because of the 50+1 rule. As a result he has thrown a major wobbly and refused to put up the cash to let them play in Liga 3, so they find themselves in the 4th tier. Even if they go up, he may refuse to pay the fee again, so they'd stay in the 4th tier.

They actually took more away fans than can fit in their home ground as they no longer play at the Allianz. 

I hope the fans keep knocking him back and keep their power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasan_Abdullah_Ismaik#Acquisition_of_shares_of_TSV_1860_Munich

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

200 mile round trip....can’t remember us ever taking 14k away fans on similar distance trips when we were in the 4th tier....

Where can we travel 100 miles and back in just over an hour for £30 on comfortable, non-packed trains?

I'm not knocking 1860. They are a big club, who has temporarily fallen on hard times due to management shenanigans.  Akin to Portsmouth or Coventry perhaps.

Munich and Nuremburg have a massive inter-Bavarian rivalry thing going on.  I went to Nuremburg to visit an old friend from there. She says people from Munich "aren't really German". :laughcont:

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Where can we travel 100 miles and back in just over an hour for £30 on comfortable, non-packed trains?

I'm not knocking 1860. They are a big club, who has temporarily fallen on hard times due to management shenanigans.  Akin to Portsmouth or Coventry perhaps.

Munich and Nuremburg have a massive inter-Bavarian rivalry thing going on.  I went to Nuremburg to visit an old friend from there. She says people from Munich "aren't really German". :laughcont:

Bet the trains were packed that day tho, with that immense following on board!

Archived