IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

5 minutes ago, The Bard said:

They need to grow up. It's just football

There's the thing, are the club there to do well at football or provide a service for the fans to watch? From a football perspective as said this is the time to play them whether its infront of a reduced attendance or not, delay the game so more fans can attend safely and you run the risk of facing a much stronger Wednesday team. Police saying travel only when essential, is travelling to watch football deemed essential? 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

There's the thing, are the club there to do well at football or provide a service for the fans to watch? From a football perspective as said this is the time to play them whether its infront of a reduced attendance or not, delay the game so more fans can attend safely and you run the risk of facing a much stronger Wednesday team. Police saying travel only when essential, is travelling to watch football deemed essential? 

if there are no fans there is no football.. its as simple as that, no attendances, no selling merchandise no sleling overpriced sport packages on TV

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Damn, I just cleared all the snow on my drive so my wife can get her car out. The trouble is I piled a lot of it in front of the garage, where my car is. Looks like I will have to shift it again! :colder::doh:

you sound like those french workmen that put concrete bollards up only to realise they left their van on the pavement behind said bollards!  :) 

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

if there are no fans there is no football.. its as simple as that, no attendances, no selling merchandise no sleling overpriced sport packages on TV

It's not like its a common thing, its one game where there will be a reduced attendance. 

1 minute ago, TRL said:

you sound like those french workmen that put concrete bollards up only to realise they left their van on the pavement behind said bollards!  :) 

My brother and friend built themselves into a shed they were erecting.

:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Refunds only if cancelled before 3pm today?  Tickets valid for replay if later?

Yeah, the tickets will be valid if it rearranged, a conspiracy theory has started on Owlstalk that the game is only going ahead because you want to take advantage of our injured squad. :laugh:

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

Yeah, the tickets will be valid if it rearranged, a conspiracy theory has started on Owlstalk that the game is only going ahead because you want to take advantage of our injured squad. :laugh:

That's not a theory.  That's gonna be a fact!

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

My brother and friend built themselves into a shed they were erecting.

:facepalm:

:) i took my huge tv unit off the wall to have new carpet put down,being a bloke I didn't ask for help, it toppled over onto me, the cupbords up the side of it were about 7ft high, i am 5'9, needless to say i spent 3 hours inside this cupboard  until the missus at the time came home and help with a neighbour lift it up

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

You`re probably not far wrong mate. It`s the only plausible reason that most of us can come up with for why it`s on.

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

We've got injured players on the road to recovery as well so in some ways it would benefit us to postpone as well

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

It's not like its a common thing, its one game where there will be a reduced attendance. 

some people have long memories.  Not worth it in my mind, especially ongoing season ticket debacle 

3 minutes ago, TRL said:

I did consider what I was doing, but to be honest thought that the game would be off. I could always go on the bus I suppose. If only there was a bus to go on. :unsure:

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

The club can only get the pitch ready and let outside authorities decide if it’s safe and they seem to think so.

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I did consider what I was doing, but to be honest thought that the game would be off. I could always go on the bus I suppose. If only there was a bus to go on. :unsure:

get yourself in a black bin bag and have some fun sliding down some hills to AG

7 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Yeah that’s not a conspiracy, that’s just fact!

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

There's no more snow after this evening and tomorrow's about 5 degrees warmer, the club would be criticised if we woke up tomorrow and most of the snow had thawed and buses were running normally

Agree, I think they can only call it as it is now, would be slated if buses etc are running tomorrow and it wasn't called off by Health and Safety or the Police.

Archived