IGNORED

Club site, Wednesday preview

cidered abroad

Not doctors, they assume City fans know about their own team, whereas we may not know about the 91 other league teams (or even care that much)

If they needed to describe it to you I am sure they can.

Get back to UK from abroad and realise we have a great chance of 'getting behind the team' if the weather permits

13 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Not doctors, they assume City fans know about their own team, whereas we may not know about the 91 other league teams (or even care that much)

Get back to UK from abroad and realise we have a great chance of 'getting behind the team' if the weather permits

I live in Burnham on sea where the beach has frozen snow on it and several centimetres of snow on all roads.

My pen name was chosen when I lived in Portugal. I chose not to change it when I moved back.

Now the point of the thread. Is our current form torrid?

Yes it is.

Torrid this time last year. Since Wolves it has been poor especially the 'all important' results but many positive aspects v Leeds, Derby, Fulham, 90 mins v Sunderland, 82 mins v Cardiff etc. Nightmare at Villa for numerous reasons. So maybe not torrid but more importantly can be turned round tomorrow if the game goes ahead.

Now the point of your thread; the Club website was giving those of us who dont watch the form of all other teams, some insight.

Thanks and CoYRs

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

The club site for tomorrow's game states that earlier this season, Wednesday had a "torrid run of one win in eleven games"

What do they call our run since we lost to Wolves? I've not seen such a colourful description of our current form.

Spin doctors!

Every "business" spins every message.

In our current case they'll play it down.  When we are on a good run they'll play it up.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The wheels fell off half way through the season just like last year

The Manchester games were just a distraction.

Something seriously affects our form after Christmas. Turkey maybe?

The turkey only as good as it’s stuffing, in our case the stuffer is blaming the turkey for a sour taste

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Torrid this time last year. Since Wolves it has been poor especially the 'all important' results but many positive aspects v Leeds, Derby, Fulham, 90 mins v Sunderland, 82 mins v Cardiff etc. Nightmare at Villa for numerous reasons. So maybe not torrid but more importantly can be turned round tomorrow if the game goes ahead.

Now the point of your thread; the Club website was giving those of us who dont watch the form of all other teams, some insight.

Thanks and CoYRs

Positive? Sunderland I will presume is a typing error and you meant 45.

Cardiff though? No mate. Even the fact we didn't concede in those 82 minutes cannot make it positive. I can only presume you didn't go, because it was as bad as a game of football gets, from both sides.

The overall point of your post however, is not far off the mark, so I'll give you that.

3 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

We need faith and loyalty, squire, not fair weather sorts. 

agreed, faith, loyalty, people on the forum going to more matches, less whinging at everything the club does (eg STs for next season), less complaining at points dropped (Coxy, you must have also believed we were going to get 3 points v Sunderland for 85 or 90 mins , not just 45 but take your point v Baardiff)

I may have to start another thread re ST prices, any other club reading our forum would be laughing at our complaints; approx £70 p.a (half a pint of beer per week) or £3 per match increase - so what?!! All one has to do is miss one or two more away games next season and job done, no extra costs than this season. Also we wont have so many cup games that include 3 x £40 ticket prices v Mancs ...so stop complaining bristolians, FFS

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

agreed, faith, loyalty, people on the forum going to more matches, less whinging at everything the club does (eg STs for next season), less complaining at points dropped (Coxy, you must have also believed we were going to get 3 points v Sunderland for 85 or 90 mins , not just 45 but take your point v Baardiff)

I may have to start another thread re ST prices, any other club reading our forum would be laughing at our complaints; approx £70 p.a (half a pint of beer per week) or £3 per match increase - so what?!! All one has to do is miss one or two more away games next season and job done, no extra costs than this season. Also we wont have so many cup games that include 3 x £40 ticket prices v Mancs ...so stop complaining bristolians, FFS

That is ok if you are able to find the extra cash.

So can I, but I still have a lot of sympathy about those who will have swingeing increases if they stay with children in their current seats and have to move to a less convenient location. I know, I've had that problem a long time ago and while I was able to find the money at the time, it was extremely inconvenient.

Sometimes our wonderful club goofs and needs to be told in no uncertain terms that they have!

Archived