IGNORED

Further ST News

CotswoldRed

Earlier this week the club announced its season card prices for the 2018/19 campaign.

Following consultation with the Supporters Club & Trust, we can confirm that an Under-19s and Under-12s price will now be released for the Lansdown Stand lower tier.

Under-19s will be able to purchase season cards in the Lansdown Stand lower wings for £150, working out at just £7 per game, whilst our Under-12s will be able to purchase for £99 (£4 per game), with a free replica shirt.

For tickets in the central blocks a £199 season card is available to Under-19s (£9 per game), whilst an Under-12s ticket with free replica shirt for £150 is now on offer – this works out at just £7 per game for some of the best seats in the house.

Extending the popular Family Area in the upper tier of our biggest stand is part of our overall desire to make this stadium one of the best fan experiences on matchdays, for all ages. We look forward to announcing the plans for improving the family matchday experience further.

To reflect this new offer and to give all of our supporters greater opportunity to purchase their existing seats, we will also be extending the renewal deadline from March 19th to March 26th.

We would also take this opportunity to remind supporters of the Pay Monthly scheme, which will be offered exclusively during the advanced sales period only, with the cost of a season card split over ten months (subject to £25 admin fee).

8 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Yep. WTF? Maybe there could be an emoji that represents his/her reaction. You know, so and so 'over reacted to this'.

For me? I don’t think an expectation that the club apologise for upsetting a large amount of paying supporters is tooooo much to ask? After all it’s clear that this decision was taken after the club receiving lots of feedback. 

Anyways. Onwards and upwards. Here’s hoping the snow clears and we all enjoy three points tmrw! 

1 minute ago, Punkymatt said:

For me? I don’t think an expectation that the club apologise for upsetting a large amount of paying supporters is tooooo much to ask? After all it’s clear that this decision was taken after the club receiving lots of feedback. 

Anyways. Onwards and upwards. Here’s hoping the snow clears and we all enjoy three points tmrw! 

Its what human beings do.

"We realise some fans were understandably concerned by the changes, so we hope this will address those concerns......."

24 minutes ago, Punkymatt said:

An apology would have been a nice touch.

Ha!      :rofl2br:

This is Bristol City remember.

None of the clubs officers make decisions on anything that subsequently needs an apology.........:disapointed2se:

The SC&T deserve a round of applause on this..........:clap:

It's a big improvement. Teenagers and children are once again welcome in the lower Lansdown.  It's still a massive price hike and I fear worse to come in future seasons as they try and force families to the upper Lansdown.  The extra week to pay is also positive, although it's still too short for many and a couple of weeks would have been a better gesture.  

Personally I am now inclined to renew as my sons increase is at least tolerable now (£50 to £150, instead of £50 to £335) and I accepted that my increase to £531 to £599 was steep, but not disastrous considering the vague possibility of Prem football.   I was most likely to not renew for the first time in my adult life, so this announcement has changed things.  However before deciding I'd firstly like to understand how others feel as whilst these changes placate me regarding my personal circumstances I'd like to see if more needs to be done for fans with different circumstances.  What are views as these changes don't fix all of the grievances?  

I'm surprised anyone expects an apology , why would they? I doubt very much anyone at the club sees it as a mistake. They would have had a meeting, someone spots an opportunity to increase revenue and a chance for a pat on the back from Steve. They didn't expect the amount of anger from fans, many like myself who it doesn't really affect but still feel aggrieved .  They just see it as a change of mind and probably still feel as though they deserve a pat on the back for being soooo understanding to the poor old supporters cause.

Archived