IGNORED

Little Bob

RaspberryRed

Joint top scorer in the championship I believe. But ignore the goals, what a fantastic all round player, great feet, great press and defensively important too. 

I know some people have been quick to judge Lee on his eye for talent, bad transfer windows, players backfiring etc. But Bobby surely shows his eye for raw footballing talent. What a transformation and full credit to Lee.

I have a feeling players like Walsh and Eliasson might turn out to be fantastic key players in the future under Lee's coaching.

If Bobby's transformation is one of the first examples of the end product of Lee's philosophy, this club has a very exciting future ahead of it, regardess of the end position this season.

3 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Tammy who?

Seriously, many other fans seemed to think we wouldn't score any goals this season.

Which was a reasonable assumption considering Bobby hadn't done anything to prove himself as a capable goalscorer at that point.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Which was a reasonable assumption considering Bobby hadn't done anything to prove himself as a capable goalscorer at that point.

Not necessarily. I think the thinking from some was that if LJ felt the firepower we had was enough then we should trust him. Many of the 'where will the goals come from' posters were the usual ones that look for any reason to jump on LJ's back. 

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Best all round attacker since... ???

Goals, assists, defending, energy, hold up play, passing.

20m.

Better than Tammy last season when you combine the goals plus everything else he brings. 

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Not necessarily. I think the thinking from some was that if LJ felt the firepower we had was enough then we should trust him. Many of the 'where will the goals come from' posters were the usual ones that look for any reason to jump on LJ's back. 

Apologies if I'm wrong here, but other than a few starts at CF in preseason, nobody came out and said BR will play as a striker this year did they?

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Apologies if I'm wrong here, but other than a few starts at CF in preseason, nobody came out and said BR will play as a striker this year did they?

But no one was saying anything about expecting Reid to bear the load.

It was generally "I trust that goals won't be an issue as we create plenty of chances, as long as players get to the right positions" type comments.

If there had been a genuine concern about where goals would be coming from by the backroom staff, then another signing would have been made in that position.

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Weren't a lot of the 'but where will the goals come from' in response to LJ playing Reid upfront pre season and stating he planned to play him there. 

7 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Weren't a lot of the 'but where will the goals come from' in response to LJ playing Reid upfront pre season and stating he planned to play him there. 

Fair enough then, didn't remember LJ saying that the plan was to play him up top. I'm with you now.

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Hello captain hindsight

I have to say it does make me smile when posters on here accuse other posters of doubting where the goals would come from. 

Come on, let's be real no one could have predicted Bobby's goal scoring ability, I'm sure everyone was worried about our firepower up front with no Tammy replacement, no one should pretend otherwise.

Archived