IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Head Injury

redordead1

4 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Nuhiu looked like Oddbod from Carry on Screaming with the movement of a  slug with wheel clamps.

And how does a bloke that big still manage to find a pair of shorts that looks like they're 5 sizes too big for him?! They were either XXXXXXL, or half a pair of curtains. 

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He will be fine for Tuesday.  I hit someone on the head with a ukulele many years ago and they had a bump just the same as that. It had completely disappeared in 24 hours.

You got a double life you'd like to share with OTIB, Wendy?

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Nah, just one of those moments of youthful madness.

I'm not bothered about the person's head , more about the uke. Did the uke make it to play when i'm cleaning windows or bring back that Leroy Brown (by Queen )  ever again???

5 hours ago, Polly Joke said:

Disgusting that the ref didn't stop play with Joe flat out motionless.

bet if it had been the other way instant stoppage, very remiss of the ref, lucky for us did not matter, hope he gets pulled up over it.

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

luckily it turned out nice again!

Now Formby was ok for rhythm guitar, but if you made me choose between the Formby guy and Ritchie Blackmore for your leads, I'd probably go for the latter

I'd probo have Jimmy Page in front of him too. Tryin not to upset the hoards of Formby fans on OTIB

I would imagine the club doc examined him and no sign of concussion but they've sent him up the BRI for an X-ray to be sure there's no skull fracture.

Got my own vision of Joe sat in the waiting room up the BRI for a couple of hours with the usual pissheads that have been on the lash, kids running around screeching, some twonk that's attempted DIY and sliced their fingertip off, etc.

A weekend in the A&E dept up the BRI is literally a sitcom without cameras.

17 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I would imagine the club doc examined him and no sign of concussion but they've sent him up the BRI for an X-ray to be sure there's no skull fracture.

Got my own vision of Joe sat in the waiting room up the BRI for a couple of hours with the usual pissheads that have been on the lash, kids running around screeching, some twonk that's attempted DIY and sliced their fingertip off, etc.

A weekend in the A&E dept up the BRI is literally a sitcom without cameras.

Yes some triage receptionist takes one look at him and his 2 heads, and asks ‘what seems to be the problem sir?’

15 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He will be fine for Tuesday.  I hit someone on the head with a ukulele many years ago and they had a bump just the same as that. It had completely disappeared in 24 hours.

Mate of mine got hit on the head by a tambourine.

Woke up with slight percussion.

15 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

it could only play George Formby because that was the only sheet music I had.

15 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Now Formby was ok for rhythm guitar, but if you made me choose between the Formby guy and Ritchie Blackmore for your leads, I'd probably go for the latter

I'd probo have Jimmy Page in front of him too. Tryin not to upset the hoards of Formby fans on OTIB

Interesting story about George, his wife Beryl was his agent and in 1946 when he toured the pre-Apartheid South Africa  they instantly made an impression by refusing to play racially-segregated venues. This came to a head when Formby embraced a young black audience member who had presented Beryl with a box of chocolates. The incident came to the attention of National Party leader Daniel François Malan (who later introduced apartheid). Malan had the arrogance to phone Beryl to complain about the incident and was put in his place when Beryl replied, "Why don't you piss off you horrible little man?" 

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Interesting story about George, his wife Beryl was his agent and in 1946 when he toured the pre-Apartheid South Africa  they instantly made an impression by refusing to play racially-segregated venues. This came to a head when Formby embraced a young black audience member who had presented Beryl with a box of chocolates. The incident came to the attention of National Party leader Daniel François Malan (who later introduced apartheid). Malan had the arrogance to phone Beryl to complain about the incident and was put in his place when Beryl replied, "Why don't you piss off you horrible little man?" 

Formby 1-0 Queen

Archived