IGNORED

Where's the ' Diony ' is crap thread ?

Major Isewater

He’s not been great has he but to be fair yesterday was never going to do him many favours.

by the time he came on the game was a non-event that neither team could be arsed with - hence the fire drill I think. 

In a two with Fam maybe but he’s not going to get that opportunity so we might never find out.

I want him to come good but you have to go back a long way to find a player that looks as poor as him. 

I thought Saturday would be ideal for him. game already won, team playing some nice football, a free pass if you like. Yet somehow he pretty much still managed to look like the worst player on the pitch in a side that won 4-0. 

I really want it to happen for him and he obviously desperately needs a goal, but in all honesty he looks like he could play every minute all season and not get close to scoring right now.

I’m normally the last person to be slating a new signing so quickly but I genuinely can’t think of any other word than ‘awful’ to describe everything he’s done in a red shirt! 

We do see what he does on the training ground to justify being in the match day squad, he must be doing something right if he is keeping youth and Engervall Woodrow and co off the bench. The club had been tracking him for a year according to Mark Ashton.  Either he will come good or not be signed. 

9 hours ago, jimmyb said:

He’s not been great has he but to be fair yesterday was never going to do him many favours.

by the time he came on the game was a non-event that neither team could be arsed with - hence the fire drill I think. 

In a two with Fam maybe but he’s not going to get that opportunity so we might never find out.

He has already, they started as our 2 forwards against Cardiff

We haven't got long though, we have a good partnership up front, every time he comes on it's a gamble that he might, one day, look something like a footballer. I don't think we are doing him or City any favours right now, he looks shot, and adds nothing. If LJ thinks he's worth a punt, and St E want to off load him, the given a break, and a pre-season, he may come good. But right now, Woodrow offers more, and once Taylor is fit, so will he. 11 games to go chasing a play off spot, not ideal for a striker of zero confidence.

he hasn't looked bad, but he has been brought on in games at the point, where as a team we've started to sit back and try (often failing) to defend a lead.

So his chances are obviously going to be limited and more of a lone striker trying to chase down nothing balls. Difficult to judge him on that basis.

However in the good position we were in at the time of the window, I can't help but think a proven championship striker would've been the way to go

rather than an unproven foreigner that takes so long to settle in.

After LJ transformed an average midfielder into a well above average striker, maybe Lois is going to be the next Keith Curle?

Terry Cooper started life as a winger before becoming a superb full back. TC then transformed Keith from an average winger into a full back that played for England. Maybe Lois Diony has shown enough to LJ to warrant a change of position? 9 million (if that is correct) for a full back is quite a price tag though.

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

After LJ transformed an average midfielder into a well above average striker, maybe Lois is going to be the next Keith Curle?

Terry Cooper started life as a winger before becoming a superb full back. TC then transformed Keith from an average winger into a full back that played for England. Maybe Lois Diony has shown enough to LJ to warrant a change of position? 9 million (if that is correct) for a full back is quite a price tag though.

Terry Cooper was a brand of wing back who could also defend .

He was a fantastic, classy player.

Joe Bryan is a similar type of player. 

Here's my dilemma re Diony. There must be a very good player in there as St Etienne paid very big money (by our standards) for him but we haven't seen it, yet! I agree with an earlier poster that he appears to be trying too hard plus his 'dark place' tweet a couple of weeks ago suggest there's an issue with his confidence.

If he does show what St E saw to make him worth that money it benefits us and may see us do a deal in the summer but, on current form, he's miles away, admittedly.

My problem is that it's public knowledge that signing Diony would break our transfer record so we're talking £5.5M at least. If he does turn out to be a 'dud', haven't we alerted all clubs who have a player we like that we're prepared to spend big again this summer regardless of division? 

Personally, I hope Lois does show the form that prompted his 'big' move but I have my doubts, if I'm honest, that we're going to see that player as his confidence is clearly shot to pieces.

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Here's my dilemma re Diony. There must be a very good player in there as St Etienne paid very big money (by our standards) for him but we haven't seen it, yet! I agree with an earlier poster that he appears to be trying too hard plus his 'dark place' tweet a couple of weeks ago suggest there's an issue with his confidence.

If he does show what St E saw to make him worth that money it benefits us and may see us do a deal in the summer but, on current form, he's miles away, admittedly.

My problem is that it's public knowledge that signing Diony would break our transfer record so we're talking £5.5M at least. If he does turn out to be a 'dud', haven't we alerted all clubs who have a player we like that we're prepared to spend big again this summer regardless of division? 

Personally, I hope Lois does show the form that prompted his 'big' move but I have my doubts, if I'm honest, that we're going to see that player as his confidence is clearly shot to pieces.

I can't help but thinking.......

IMG_4260.PNG

Archived