IGNORED

Preston on Tuesday

wendyredredrobin

18 hours ago, Mortis said:

Evening all , nervous about the game on Tuesday no doubt mainly because we look like two totally different teams that play Home and Away , we have the second best points away in the division , and played some superb passing football at Villa and the second half at the Macron was as good as Ive seen all season , what we have lacked for a chunk of the season is a finisher ( and was no surprise to see McGuire back after three months out and make it 9 in 12 appearances - he's a natural finisher but Tuesday may be too soon for a start - I would image he will be phased back in after a long lay off ) and a creative no 10 who can unlock a defence especially at Home , we have really struggled this season as we play one up front and sides that will sit deep in defence and press up high we have gone direct and with Robinson up front and to a lesser extent Hugill it has proved fruitless and some truly woeful performances in front of our own fans, the best 5 performances I have seen all season have been away from home ( not Bristol City ) but do feel we will benefit on Tuesday against a side that will come and play like Wolves did but I would not like to predict the result , seen more than enough of you this season on the box to know how dangerous you are and some of your football is superb  , Reid is lethal , Diedhiou is a handful , I like Paterson as a footballer , Brownhill has clearly improved since he left us and Pack is a good player ( although just my observations has a mistake in him ) Flint is well Flint and amongst the best centre halves in the division and Magnússon seems to be able to launch a throw in into orbit , I would fancy us more if this was away and it really does depend which Preston turn up but Barkhauizen has been very good for us recently , Maguire will be a handful if he plays , Davies and Hunts are pretty sold at the back and we have decent full backs in Fisher and Cunningham , Harrop may hold the key for us in the no 10 role but he's hit and miss , it could be any of the three results on offer , both sides having a great season IMO and you are due one against us , very tough week for us with you and Fulham at home - which Preston will it be - Bolton away superb , Ipswich at Home embarrassing 

Mortis

Have a safe trip up and all the best for the rest of the season , Il offer my opinion of the game as best I can win , Lose or draw 

Thanks for your intelligent insights, and your observations...... I think it will be a draw, but very very difficult to call.....it is so hard to know who will turn up on the day

Archived