IGNORED

The Price Of Season Ticket Loyalty

BTRFTG

16 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Yeah it gets my goat, especially this season, when they state the price your season card as a per game amount. How do they know how many I’m going to? 

I know quite a few season card holders but not sure if any make EVERY game, holidays in August, work commitments, family occasions, lack of public transport for evening games, away for Christmas or Easter, snowed in.........the list goes on. 

I just about break even on mine compared to if I pay on the day, but certainly nowhere near the £15 a game they’re quoting. 

They know how many you are going to because they have sold you a ticket to 19 or 23. It's an irrelevance what you use, that is what you have bought and paid for so it does, whatever way you want to look at it, work out as a cost per game. 

16 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Yeah it gets my goat, especially this season, when they state the price your season card as a per game amount. How do they know how many I’m going to? 

I know quite a few season card holders but not sure if any make EVERY game, holidays in August, work commitments, family occasions, lack of public transport for evening games, away for Christmas or Easter, snowed in.........the list goes on. 

I just about break even on mine compared to if I pay on the day, but certainly nowhere near the £15 a game they’re quoting. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to market the per-game cost of a season ticket.  They've sold you access to 23 games.  A supermarket quotes potatoes at a price per kilo, if you don't end up eating all the potatoes then your effective cost per kilo is higher, but's that your problem not Tescos.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to market the per-game cost of a season ticket.  They've sold you access to 23 games.  A supermarket quotes potatoes at a price per kilo, if you don't end up eating all the potatoes then your effective cost per kilo is higher, but's that your problem not Tescos.

Like the analogy only perhaps it should be considered thus:

Loose potatoes - those you pick and choose and decide how many you want are priced cheaper than pre-packaged bags which are analogous to the season ticket, a single unit and you get what's inside (the opposite of what the club's promoting,  though that isn't really the point.) One couldn't buy more potatoes for self consumption than one could eat and though my backside is lardy it only sits on one seat at a time. 

I've no problem with the club promoting theoretical cost per match but would be useful to have a comparator; how much might 23 advance match tickets cost if purchased individually? I'd then be able to calculate how many matches I could miss whilst making it worthwhile to retain the ST. Benefits previously associated have always led me renew given the 'premium' i pay for matches I'm unable to attend is offset. Without confirmed benefits one begins to question whether it remains worthwhile.

36 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Like the analogy only perhaps it should be considered thus:

Loose potatoes - those you pick and choose and decide how many you want are priced cheaper than pre-packaged bags which are analogous to the season ticket, a single unit and you get what's inside (the opposite of what the club's promoting,  though that isn't really the point.) One couldn't buy more potatoes for self consumption than one could eat and though my backside is lardy it only sits on one seat at a time. 

I've no problem with the club promoting theoretical cost per match but would be useful to have a comparator; how much might 23 advance match tickets cost if purchased individually? I'd then be able to calculate how many matches I could miss whilst making it worthwhile to retain the ST. Benefits previously associated have always led me renew given the 'premium' i pay for matches I'm unable to attend is offset. Without confirmed benefits one begins to question whether it remains worthwhile.

But ticket prices are set per game. Category A, B, C. Without knowing the league we are in and the other league members the club cannot comment and cannot give you the comparison you are after. 

14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’ve not been able to make meetings recently, due to childcare, but they are (rightly) not happy and are prepared to hand in mass resignation from the consultation group over issues with this, if acceptable compromise isn’t reached. 

Their initial response has already led to the re-introduction of child prices in areas that they had been withdrawn from. 

As I’ve said to many others, you are welcome to go along and get involved, if you think they could/should be doing better..! 

I must agree here with @Bar BS3. I am a FAN member. Just a normal supporter who was asked by David Lloyd to join because I was vocal during meetings about the stadium.

I resent greatly the group being called "fan action numpties" and comments like "doesn't this prove FAN is useless"

I will expect to see both of the above contributors at the next meeting, I am sure you will help tremendously.

fan members have contacted the club individually and collectively since this was first published, As have the SC and T, with many supporters sitting on both bodies.

Neither group had any knowledge of this. 

If you don't believe me, read the minutes!!!!

The FAN group as a whole was and maybe still will resign over this.

My personal view (certainly not speaking for the FAN group) is this.

The u19 and u12 prices are much better now and about the best we are going to get. I get one for my grandson. The price is incredibly low, 50 quid for 23 matches and a free shirt worth 30 quid means less than 1 pound per game! The problem is whatever they go up by is a huge percentage. Just a 5 pound increase would be 10 percent, because they start so low.

Concessions. (I am a disabled supporter by the way). if they must go up then phase it over a number of years, not one big jump.

I have also asked the club to extend the renewal period into April to help monthly paid supporter's.

Look, we try our best on FAN and I know everyone who represents the SC and T does the same. Some things are achievable, some are not.

Should anyone think they can do better, great, I will happily move out the way and you can have my place. If you do, just see me tomorrow, I will be the one with the crutches!

If you don't then perhaps a little less sarcasm towards your fellow supporter's would be appreciated!

12 minutes ago, 29AR said:

But ticket prices are set per game. Category A, B, C. Without knowing the league we are in and the other league members the club cannot comment and cannot give you the comparison you are after. 

Why not, they're able to quote a price for a season ticket or are are you suggesting they've upped ST prices to Premier level at likely risk we won't get there? Nothing to stop the club publishing individual ticket prices for Premier and Championship against  each category - they don't need to say how many games fall into each category as that would depend on many factors in season. We all know that Premier would be higher than Championship so fans I don't think would have issue with any differential. They could at minimum publish Championship prices, or perhaps that might disclose too much of their ST pricing assumptions?

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Why not, they're able to quote a price for a season ticket or are are you suggesting they've upped ST prices to Premier level at likely risk we won't get there? Nothing to stop the club publishing individual ticket prices for Premier and Championship against  each category - they don't need to say how many games fall into each category as that would depend on many factors in season. We all know that Premier would be higher than Championship so fans I don't think would have issue with any differential. They could at minimum publish Championship prices, or perhaps that might disclose too much of their ST pricing assumptions?

I think you are over complicating things now and going off the whole point of the problem. 

We know the price for next season, be it for 23 championship games, or 19 Premier league games. 

One price fits all is simple and fine. It’s not that, that people have an issue with. 

16 minutes ago, 29AR said:

But isn't this a good reason to hold off on the season tickets until things are clearer? The only reason I can see for pushing ST's at the beginning of March is to cynically cash in on the possibility of promotion. As for the loyalty scheme, the current one isn't broke why fix it?

31 minutes ago, numbeast said:

But isn't this a good reason to hold off on the season tickets until things are clearer? The only reason I can see for pushing ST's at the beginning of March is to cynically cash in on the possibility of promotion. As for the loyalty scheme, the current one isn't broke why fix it?

Club has messed up hugely here. Loyal fans who renewed after last seasons debacle hit with price hikes and promises of loyalty but no plans in place with much less time to renew their seats.

15 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I must agree here with @Bar BS3. I am a FAN member. Just a normal supporter who was asked by David Lloyd to join because I was vocal during meetings about the stadium.

I will expect to see both of the above contributors at the next meeting, I am sure you will help tremendously.

Neither group had any knowledge of this. 

My original comment re your organization was based on the published statement: "Following from the Fan Advisory Network (FAN), PLUS membership has been disbanded in favour of the all-inclusive loyalty scheme...." If the club shouldn't have said that I apologise but from your minutes it isn't clear what you agreed to promote. You appear to have discussed a number of options but there's no agreement of what's to be recommended for adoption. As a representative organization I might suggest you should have tasked the club not to change the scheme until such time it could say what it was being replaced by. As is we're all now in limbo and FAN should review how that's arisen. If FAN failed to act to protect supporters interests then I'd stand by my comment.

I won't be at the meeting and even had I lived nearer would have been unlikely to attend. I've refrained from fan groups since resigning from the London Supporters Club years ago following a far from glorious chapter in the main Supporters Club history.

1 hour ago, numbeast said:

Totally agree re the loyalty scheme.

As for season tickets, I'm just a bit lost as to why the club would publish alongside ST prices a POTD rate, particularly when the POTD price would (assuming business practices are normal) take in to account the number of season tickets actually sold. If we shift large numbers of season tickets, POTD tickets will be at a greater premium than if we were to have say 15,000 POTD tickets routinely available. That should impact the price.

Just because some people pick and choose the games they actually attend does not alter what the club has sold them; a ticket to access all games, and that is all that is on offer for sale at the moment.

It is not for the club to tell you "if you attend 15 games this will definitely be the cheapest option", in fact it's probably not possible at this point in time. For instance, how are those 15 games made up (category wise), what about if a Saturday game is postponed (cups) and moved to midweek and changes category, or how many games might move for sky and go down a category, what if the club decides part way through the season it will reduce POTD prices or what if it runs a POTD promotion (bring a friend for £10 for instance) which is totally its prerogative... all the club needs to secure is that the season ticket costs less than POTD to all games next season. Following that, POTD is a completely flexible price. Only an idiot would fix that in March for the season upcoming or bind yourself by a representation.

As for timing, you are never going to get this right. Wait too long and people will be moaning about it eating from their holiday spending money. But issues with the short notice to buy a ticket again I totally agree on.

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

My original comment re your organization was based on the published statement: "Following from the Fan Advisory Network (FAN), PLUS membership has been disbanded in favour of the all-inclusive loyalty scheme...." If the club shouldn't have said that I apologise but from your minutes it isn't clear what you agreed to promote. You appear to have discussed a number of options but there's no agreement of what's to be recommended for adoption. As a representative organization I might suggest you should have tasked the club not to change the scheme until such time it could say what it was being replaced by. As is we're all now in limbo and FAN should review how that's arisen. If FAN failed to act to protect supporters interests then I'd stand by my comment.

I won't be at the meeting and even had I lived nearer would have been unlikely to attend. I've refrained from fan groups since resigning from the London Supporters Club years ago following a far from glorious chapter in the main Supporters Club history.

Now you are just sounding like a bit of a cock, imo. 

FAN is a voluntary group of people, who give up their time to act as a consultation group for the club to liaise with. 

The fact that the results of consultation have been ignored, worse, mis-quoted - have led to them demanding this extra meeting, on Wednesday, for explanation and in hope of getting further review of some of the price & policy changes. 

They have encouraged mass resignation, as a group, if they don’t feel that their time and effort is being used constructively by the club and are certainly not happy about statements that implied that they agreed, via consultation, with what was claimed they did. 

Archived