IGNORED

190 tickets sold for Preston

Robin 101

Shame about the numbers, but Preston on a Tueaday night is a bit of a trek.  I'd forgotten about a mate I have living in Preston, otherwise I could have killed 2 birds with one stone.

To be fair, the cost of a sc plus the cost of tickets and travel to away games does make football a bit expensive, but anyone going can probably not expect to be back to Bristol in bed before 2am - Not great if you have work in the morning.

Ah well, snuggle up cosy with a bottle of red and the Dulcet Tones of Radio Brizzle then.

24 minutes ago, MurrayLives said:

That's very low for such a massive game -  We always seem to get Preston away on a Tuesday night. 

Was looking to make this one myself, but the train from where I'm based is something ridiculous like £150 rtn

I was looking forward to this if it was at the weekend. Can't make it on a school night.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The problem is that anything free has to  come out of somebodys budget.  Maybe it would be a good piece of sponsorship though.

Sure given the cup run and amount of times on SKY the club could cover that. 

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The problem is that anything free has to  come out of somebodys budget.  Maybe it would be a good piece of sponsorship though.

We made £340,000 so far from TV coverage...could have paid for a few coaches me thinks.

16 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Very poor in all honesty. The way our away attendances fluctuate is really bizzare. They would bring between 300-400.

As soon as I saw this was going to be a Tuesday night game I knew we’d have a shit following. Same last year, same year before.

We took 2400 up there on a Saturday in L1 a few years ago. We’ll be taking 1800 to Burton on Saturday, midweek games we often struggle. I don’t think we’re alone in that respect.

15 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Very poor imo, just shows how small a club we are in this division. Not a dig just a fact. 

The fact is, in both home and away attendance figures in this division, we are very much mid table. Undoubtedly we would’ve had more at Bolton and Sheff Utd if both games hadn’t been moved to a Friday for Sky, same with Leeds away.

In terms of away support we aren’t in the same league as your Leeds and Sheff Weds of this division and in general our fans don’t pretend we are.

Hahahaha 190 tickets? That must be a joke? That will be up there with one of the lowest away attendances for the whole season in the championship. 

We're chasing promotion and this is what we muster up? Are we sure we are ready for the premier league?

Didnt preston bring like 6-700 to our place on a Tuesday night? 

Embarrassing

2 minutes ago, RedNight said:

Hahahaha 190 tickets? That must be a joke? That will be up there with one of the lowest away attendances for the whole season in the championship. 

We're chasing promotion and this is what we muster up? Are we sure we are ready for the premier league?

Embarrassing

You're going?

Embarrassing

No,they brought 373.Are you going,if so fair play, if not..............

Embarrassing

Are you going champ? its a long way on a Tuesday night, plus we have a good crowd going Saturday to Burton, not everyone can afford to do away days.

The factor that separates us from the historically big clubs for attendances in this league is spread of support.

The likes of Leeds and Sheffield Weds have support across the country, and whilst we have the usual decent amount of London exiles we just don’t have the history or success to have loads of nationwide exiles.

I’d say when you account for the new stadium boost to attendances we’re relatively similar to the likes of Cardiff or Brighton in terms of club size. Or atleast that’ll be our comparison clubs over the next few seasons given that Brighton are already in the prem and Cardiff were recently.

That’s not a bad place to be, I’d say our catchment area combined with poor history makes us relatively unique for the country in terms of potential growth as a club.

Takes years to get to the level of Leeds etc though, generations of support and sustained success.

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

You're going?

I'm not no. But it doesn't take away the fact we are taking 190 fans to a game! Bearing in mind we took 8000 to Man City, exactly the same distance, on a Tuesday night.

What annoys me is, if we lose, fans will hammer Johnson and the players. But maybe we should be having a look at ourselves first. 

I don't care what anyone says, 190 is a joke. In our position 

Lets see how many go up and PoTD; with recent weather some will decide today to make an effort. It's been in the diary longer than the Man City game was and yet we must bigger numbers for a game that has no impact on our chances of promotion. Hard to explain other than Bristolians of both colour are Big on Events like Wembley etc but  low on commitment to go to every game. We are better than Sheff Wed and Leeds in so many ways but will not touch them for hardcore support for decades, if ever.

Disappointing but a few of us will make the noise to let the players know that there is some support there

Archived