IGNORED

Season Cards

wendyredredrobin

21 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I guess I will probably renew once I have calmed down a bit.  But this run of form is beyond belief. Surely Lee and his team must have an idea of what is going wrong and how to fix it.

How can a team who beat Man U and gave Man C a run for their money go on a run like this?

Did you know we won 4-0 last Saturday?

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh I wasn’t being serious...me and @South-of-river were comparing things that can be broken aside from ‘records’ - no need for you to get involved!!

Okay, I'll crawl back under my rock til I find another post I disagree with :whistle:

• Admin
26 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

In all seriousness it's been a fantastic season though, hasn't it? So many positives to take from this season. 

It was going fantastically well, the wheels have come off since Christmas, I think that’s the disappointing thing for most, there looked to be the potential to have a really good season, now it’s in danger of fizzling out into a disappointment, not disappointment at where we will end up and the improvement, but at the failure, for whatever reasons, to capitalise on a golden opportunity.

I wonder if I can continue to bear the disappointment that every season brings. One day, maybe, a City team and management will not fxxx up every time it looks good. But on the experience of the one year in ten of the last sixty eight years, I don't think a good one (year) is due yet. I don't know if I will. 

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What record(s) have we broken this season?

Record transfer fee for fammy, the first team to beat reading at reading under Japp Stam, got to the semi-final of the league cup, record attendances for 'X' number of years, Bobby breaking his goalscoring record, staying inside the top 6 for 6 consecutive months. Maybe not all records as such but huge accomplishments, definitely.

1 hour ago, ZiderRed said:

Record transfer fee for fammy, the first team to beat reading at reading under Japp Stam, got to the semi-final of the league cup, record attendances for 'X' number of years, Bobby breaking his goalscoring record, staying inside the top 6 for 6 consecutive months. Maybe not all records as such but huge accomplishments, definitely.

As you say, none of those are records, this hasn’t been a record breaking season as you described it. It’s been a good one in so many ways though

14 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I wonder if I can continue to bear the disappointment that every season brings. One day, maybe, a City team and management will not fxxx up every time it looks good. But on the experience of the one year in ten of the last sixty eight years, I don't think a good one (year) is due yet. I don't know if I will. 

That seems a bit rich, coming only three seasons after we romped to a league title with 99 points.  I don't think this is a disappointing season, I think it's a hugely encouraging one.  What will be disappointing will be if we fail to build on it next season, but at the moment (to paraphrase The Who) I've got a feeling 18/19 is going to be a good year.

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That seems a bit rich, coming only three seasons after we romped to a league title with 99 points.  I don't think this is a disappointing season, I think it's a hugely encouraging one.  What will be disappointing will be if we fail to build on it next season, but at the moment (to paraphrase The Who) I've got a feeling 18/19 is going to be a good year.

Or maybe The Who are right and it will be 2021

5 hours ago, ZiderRed said:

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As you say, none of those are records, this hasn’t been a record breaking season as you described it.

I think a record transfer fee for us probably counts as a record, no? :thumbsup:

Regardless, they’re all positives. Attendances are on the up, the style of football we now play is a pleasure to watch, 2 of our finest players are academy graduates. No matter how this season finishes, it’s about as positive a feeling I’ve had at the end of a season for quite a while. It’s not about breaking records.

1 hour ago, BCFC_95 said:

I think a record transfer fee for us probably counts as a record, no? :thumbsup:

Regardless, they’re all positives. Attendances are on the up, the style of football we now play is a pleasure to watch, 2 of our finest players are academy graduates. No matter how this season finishes, it’s about as positive a feeling I’ve had at the end of a season for quite a while. It’s not about breaking records.

It’s a ‘record breaking season’ because we chuck a load of dosh at a transfer fee?!! Ok then....

Archived