IGNORED

Lack of striker options

Marlborough Red

On 06/03/2018 at 23:25, Marlborough Red said:

Quality of goal scoring options on bench tonight simply not good enough for a team challenging the play offs.. Once again nobody available to change the game in our favour. How many goals have the following 8 strikers in our squad scored this season ? Less than 5 between them ?

Woodrow

Leko  (now left)

Eliasson

Engvall

Diony

Kent

Taylor

Duric

How much have the club forked out in wages / fees for these players ?   The only one likely to get near the first team is Duric (when fit) IMO

Would rather have a smaller squad and forked out for quality not quantity. Must be almost impossible to keep these fringe players occupied , engaged and motivated when they know LJ has no trust in their ability to add value to the team and therefore won't play them even when a goal down away from home and we need a result.

Clear out required in the summer , rather see academy players given a chance.

Kent, Leko and Eliasson are all midfield players.  Engvall has either been on loan or injured, Duric was fantastic when available, Diony we can possibly start thinking he's a flop, but it's still too early.  Woodrow is a waste of a wage.

Woodrow played for the U23s yesterday. Would it not have been better to have given Diony  a full game to see if he has any potential. Unless we drop out of the promotion race completely over the next three or four games, I cannot see Diony getting sufficient game time for a considered judgement to be made as to whether to sign him or not.

On 07/03/2018 at 12:15, Robbored said:

Woodrow I agree with. In the opportunities he's had he's failed to impress anyone

Dionsey on the hand.....I posted on another thread that he's not had much game time in the Championship and is certainly finding the transition from French football to English football difficult with so little match time.

Its premature to dismiss him just yet. The guy obviously has ability but we haven't seen his full potential so far. A goal would make a big difference to him I reckon.

I accept that he needs more time but that is also why I think we should steer clear, high asking price and we don't have the space in the team to allow him to grow into the league. Every game we don't have Diedhiou and Reid in is a game we waste goal opportunities. We need a backup striker who knows the league and is hungry to impress, I don't see that in Diony.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Agree.

Raises a question I would have thought about quality of our scouts

You’ve gotta question it. I mean, there is not paying top wages and then there is paying the absolute minimum wage.....looking like the latter for us.

Archived