IGNORED

Preston's 1st goal

megansdad

4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Fielding and Maggs 50/50 split on fault for me.

Fielding is crazy sometimes. Rushes from his goal too much. Remember him costing us on debut v Bradford under SOD. We all know what happened on 30th Dec, the rush of blood which imploded everything. 

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Fielding is crazy sometimes. Rushes from his goal too much. Remember him costing us on debut v Bradford under SOD. We all know what happened on 30th Dec, the rush of blood which imploded everything. 

Jeez - you are seriously going to drag up a match under SOD and continue to pile our team's last 15 matches form on one 'rush of blood' v Wolves - what about all the fantastic point blank saves this guy has made, playing behind what has increasingly proved to be a shaky defence.

On the whole I would say he has saved/gained us a lot more points than he has cost us since signing - true his kicking it straight in to touch drives me nuts at times but like a previous poster has pointed out I prefer to believe we win or lose as a team and this singling out of an individual player for blame adds no value at all.

5 hours ago, Super said:

The clearance is kids stuff. Absolutely pathetic.

I like the bloke, but the coaching staff seriously need to teach him how to ‘hook’ the ball away with his left foot.

He has a problem with this technique and has struggled numerous times to do it this season, he tends to lean into the ball rather than open his body out.

Im not having a dig at him, it’s just an observation that’s clear for all to see.

4 hours ago, Benni said:

The OP is 100% spot on. Movement without the ball is too often lacking.

Agree there could be better movement. We have been stagnant lately and is contributing to our form. That said Maggers has to clear it. When he looks up and sees no one moving, he has to get good contact and clear it. Doesn’t even have to be up the pitch. Could have booted that out for a throw. I love he wants to play but within 25 yards of our goal he needs to take less chances. Keep it simple and he will be a fantastic player. 

1 hour ago, blackthorn slice said:

I clearly heard fielding call for a ball he was never going to get and seemed to surprise mags.

Yes should have been row z but fielding to blame imo!

Which changes everything...clearly Fielding at fault, for making a ridiculous call and misjudging it. Causing Magners to rush his clearance, after having to make extra split second decisions whilst being closed down and under pressure.

2 hours ago, The Chaplain said:

Maggers made a mistake obviously, and he's made more than one, there will come a time when his obvious potential will be questioned if he doesn't learn.  However the cries of 'just clear it', 'stick it in row z' etc. are classic hindsight and miss the point.  Obviously you can't say 'just clear it' only to the chances that would otherwise result in a goal, whose to know?  If that's you're argument then you're wanting him, and presumably every other defender, to simply hoof it clear on every occasion.  If we played like that there would be an outcry here and we, quite rightly, wouldn't get very far.  LJ said only last week if Maggers makes a mistake playing it out, it's on him as that's what he wants and it always comes at a risk.  From what I saw on Tuesday though he wasn't trying to play it out at all and was simply attempting a clearance anywhere, just what some of his fiercest critics were suggesting!  More composure required, not less. 

What City do really well is play the they are facing. That tip tap one touch football relies heavily on passing the ball to the bloke you are looking at. We do it well. On this occasion Magnússon had a couple of options. He chose option three turn and hit up field and miss kicked it again.

LJ constantly talks about making the right decision Magnússon didn’t...and Miss hit it again. His decision making is awful and his ability is not up to his decision making. 

Maggers again ! Dosnt offer much .rabbit in the headlights again .he has no forward thinking.good players are constantley looking around to see whats on .maggs isnt but ye win as a team lose as a team.stick together lets get on a run and shut the dirty gas up now they have started piping up the bellends

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Agree there could be better movement. We have been stagnant lately and is contributing to our form. That said Maggers has to clear it. When he looks up and sees no one moving, he has to get good contact and clear it. Doesn’t even have to be up the pitch. Could have booted that out for a throw. I love he wants to play but within 25 yards of our goal he needs to take less chances. Keep it simple and he will be a fantastic player. 

Stagnant lately? Have you not seen the games? Did you not see the movement and one two's against S Weds for instance?

Harry, not a Bryan fan? How can anyone take his comments seriously?  

To the OP, it is worth noting several of the coaching team walked back to the tunnel with Hodor at the HT whistle. None of us know what was being said but i am sure it was more supportive than his critics would want. I also think the substitution was tactical and for the 399th time this season Lj got it right with a goal within minutes

Move on to Burton and the game that may condemn us to realistically finishing mid table, or depending on other results, may re-ignite the hope that kills...

Agree move on - and in no way saying HM did not make a mistake - just happen to think the others I mentioned could have been more alert to offer him the simple pass option or to protect.

Big game Saturday and looking forward to seeing the line up at 10pm here!

9 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Stagnant lately? Have you not seen the games? Did you not see the movement and one two's against S Weds for instance?

That was our best game in about 15 against a team devoid of confidence. It isn’t the best example. We haven’t played much of the quick one touch football and movement off the ball in the past few months. We will have moments of it but it hasn’t been a team efforts imo. The exceptions are Pack Smith and Reid. Everyone else has lost a bit of form and energy it seems. 

14 hours ago, Redstart said:

Jeez - you are seriously going to drag up a match under SOD and continue to pile our team's last 15 matches form on one 'rush of blood' v Wolves - what about all the fantastic point blank saves this guy has made, playing behind what has increasingly proved to be a shaky defence.

On the whole I would say he has saved/gained us a lot more points than he has cost us since signing - true his kicking it straight in to touch drives me nuts at times but like a previous poster has pointed out I prefer to believe we win or lose as a team and this singling out of an individual player for blame adds no value at all.

Yes I am pinning it on Fielding. We were comfortable v Wolves. He rushes out like a mad man and single handedly cost us that game. If he hadn't we would have won I am sure and from then onwards had the confidence to roll up our sleeves at Villa and beat Norwich. That last 25 mins v wolves knocked the stuffing out of us and pretty much our season. 

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 08:25, tinman85 said:

Yes I am pinning it on Fielding. We were comfortable v Wolves. He rushes out like a mad man and single handedly cost us that game. If he hadn't we would have won I am sure and from then onwards had the confidence to roll up our sleeves at Villa and beat Norwich. That last 25 mins v wolves knocked the stuffing out of us and pretty much our season. 

I am a great fan of respecting an opinion and you are very entitled to yours of course, but to me you are trying to nail a turning point of the whole teams recent form on one individual - Wolves are a great team, I don't buy into 'we were comfortable' against them - we were matching them for sure - but with the quality and depth they have they were always going to give us a game whether we kept 11 men on the pitch or not. Nothing to say we wouldn't have lost that match anyway.

Furthermore if that one frustrating result against a quality team like Wolves knocks the stuffing out of our whole season, which had a very long way to go despite that result, then we wouldn't last 2 minutes in the Premiership anyway.

Archived