IGNORED

"Young group"

headhunter

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting Major.  Here’s thoughts on most of first team

Fielding - think he’ll still be here but we’ll be looking at an upgrade in the summer

Flint - unless we get promoted, I think he’ll go.  I think he desoarately wants to get there with us, and I wonder whether Tuesday’s frustrations were a sense of the chance is disappearing?

Baker - will take a massive fee to see him go, expect him to stay.

Bryan - expect him to still be here, think interest may cool, unless he has a barnstorming remaining 8/11 games.

Smith - staying put, young family and all that

Pack - expect there will be interest but he’s settled like Korey

Brownhill - his agent likes a bit of rumour.  We’ll see, think he’ll be here next season.

Paterson - stay, found his most consistent form with us.

Reid - much will depend on contract, City will definitely take up year option, but that would leave them exposed next summer.  Expectva new deal in line with others.  So important to us.

Diedhiou - bound to have attracted interest.  11 goals at a rate of almost 1:2.  Hope he stays, expect he will.

So, in summary I think the core will be here.  Biggest doubt will be Flint, next Brownhill.  

Totally agree about Flint and what happened on Tuesday. I really thought he knows that's the end of his time here. He's now got to find a new club and upheave his family if he wants to realise his ambitions. I think the penny dropped, and now he's got 3 weeks to let that sink in.

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

LJ and especially MA are very well aware of what players are approaching contract negotiations,

Of course they are, that’s not the point I am making.  Be more worried if they didn’t!!

Flint has already signed and I'm sure that important players like Reid and Bryan are due to be offered new deals.

Why some posters think that City's top players will be short changed is laughable. 

If so, why do you then say your next sentence?

MA knows exactly what the situation is regarding negotiations and has the required skills and experience to arrive at the best deal for City. 

This suggests we do short-change our players!

If I were a football agent MA is one CEO I'd want to avoid.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

'The best deal for the club' means getting the balance right between what the player feels he's worth and what the club are prepared to cough up.

If Reid or any player  is asking for silly money and the club won't pay it that's where MA and his negotiations skills come into play.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

'The best deal for the club and player' means getting the balance right between what the player feels he's worth and what the club are prepared to cough up.

If Reid or any player  is asking for silly money and the club won't pay it that's where MA and his negotiations skills come into play.

Corrected it for you :P

I’d pay Reid whatever we are paying Flint.  That’s not silly money imho, that’s a steal when you think what strikers cost.

I think we are ultimately saying the same thing though.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Corrected it for you :P

I’d pay Reid whatever we are paying Flint.  That’s not silly money imho, that’s a steal when you think what strikers cost.

I think we are ultimately saying the same thing though.

We are definitely on the same page on this topic Dave.

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

LJ and especially MA are very well aware of what players are approaching contract negotiations,

Flint has already signed and I'm sure that important players like Reid and Bryan are due to be offered new deals.

Why some posters think that City's top players will be short changed is laughable. 

MA knows exactly what the situation is regarding negotiations and has the required skills and experience to arrive at the best deal for City. 

If I were a football agent MA is one CEO I'd want to avoid.

Perhaps your last sentence is more revealing than you think ? 

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps your last sentence is more revealing than you think ? 

I've met him twice and heard him speak. When you see past the corporate speak you realise that he's an impressive guy. I certainly wouldn't want to negotiate anything with him.

Archived