IGNORED

What a great ground

pongo88

On 11/03/2018 at 14:06, Major Isewater said:

It's more that they have to do more to get fans through the door so are more ' user ' friendly. 

I don't think they are any more or less caring .

If you live in Burton there are lots of more glamorous clubs within easy reach for the football supporter. 

It makes commercial sense to try harder to attract those fans to the Pirelli Stadium . 

I live in Derby. When I moved here I went to all the clubs within 50 miles as a part time neutral. Burton has been be far and away the best day out (pubs, stadium accessibility,  pubs, terracing,  pubs, value for money, pubs, etc).

13 hours ago, archie andrews said:

don't apply to Brentford then?

I've checked the rules and it's actually the 4th season so Burton have one more with standing allowed:

1.4 Each Championship Club shall, with effect from the start of its fourth Season in the Championship) only admit spectators to seated accommodation, and there shall be no standing terraces.

On 11/03/2018 at 19:40, pongo88 said:

What a great ground - the Pirelli Stadium Burton! It may be small and the pitch is poor but I thought that this was a great ground to visit. It's not one of those grounds in the middle of nowhere, but a ground in town with some good pubs within walking distance. It also has the benefit of different sections for those who want to sit and those who want to stand. Being a dull old duffer I went into the seating section and found the most wondrous extraordinary concourse. Nothing high tech, but the basic things you can't get at Ashton Gate.  Firstly, Chips! Yes real chips, those things that aren't allowed at Ashton Gate because the deep fat fryers will burn down the stand.  Amazingly, chips don't cause any problems at Burton. Second, shelves along the wall to put your drink on.  Another thing banned at Ashton Gate due to safety reasons.  Last, but not lease, seats! The fold up sort  that used to be in the Wedlock. Can't have those at Ashton Gate as they are far too dangerous, but I can report that there were no accidents at Burton. Obviously the crowds at Burton are much smaller that at Ashton Gate, but so was the concourse. 

In fact everything was great until the match started, then it went downhill.

Did they dim the lights during match play? Arhhhh twas a daylight game but had it not been I bet they would have. 

Since Burton is all about ale i suppose we can aptly say that if Carling made common sense it would all be made in Burton.

Did you spot the double meaning if not double entendre there?!

On 20/03/2018 at 07:43, exAtyeoMax said:

Fair play to them. They are realistic in what they want and by getting London Irish involved are ensuring the stadium is a viable concern.  Compare that to QPR's 40,000 capacity new stadium so they can compete in the Champions League and you see the opposite of realism.

18 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Fair play to them. They are realistic in what they want and by getting London Irish involved are ensuring the stadium is a viable concern.  Compare that to QPR's 40,000 capacity new stadium so they can compete in the Champions League and you see the opposite of realism.

I'm going to miss Griffin Park. I'd like to know where the new ground is going to be?

In my original post I forgot to mention what it was like after leaving the concourse. The ground can best be described, using a phrase often applied to @Rudolf Hucker, as small but beautifully formed. It looked like a proper ground with 4 individual stands, just a bit small. The seating was good. Not as luxurious as the Lansdown but with more legroom than the Dolman. What was nice was the “ segregation” between the home and away supporters, which was just the gangway. Last, a word of praise for the stewards. There were a few young children aged 7-8 ish in the standing section who couldn’t see. The stewards opened a couple of gates at the front and let them stand on the grass behind the goal. 

51 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

In my original post I forgot to mention what it was like after leaving the concourse. The ground can best be described, using a phrase often applied to @Rudolf Hucker, as small but beautifully formed. It looked like a proper ground with 4 individual stands, just a bit small. The seating was good. Not as luxurious as the Lansdown but with more legroom than the Dolman. What was nice was the “ segregation” between the home and away supporters, which was just the gangway. Last, a word of praise for the stewards. There were a few young children aged 7-8 ish in the standing section who couldn’t see. The stewards opened a couple of gates at the front and let them stand on the grass behind the goal. 

I awarded your comment a snake because you certainly wouldn't appreciate my, as you rightly recall, beautifully formed serpent wrapped around your neck (again).

Archived