IGNORED

The Yellow Tape Incident

Super

15 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

The plot thickens

The Sky cricket pundits most of whom would have played against him have said that Lehmann is a decent bloke on and off the pitch.

These guys would know so maybe there is thruth that he wasn't aware of the skulduggery  to tamper with the ball. Warner and Smith could easily have kept it from him and the rest of the team.

Its looking even more likely that the arrogant Warner was the architect of the plot and Smith too weak to stop it happening.

I bet this sort of stuff goes on all the time, you can just tell from Roots comments about the backlash being a wake up call.

I feel sorry for Steve Smittt, a bit of a comedy character if there ever was one but Warner good riddance.

Maybe football needs similar event with diving?

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Sky cricket pundits most of whom would have played against him have said that Lehmann is a decent bloke on and off the pitch.

These guys would know so maybe there is thruth that he wasn't aware of the skulduggery  to tamper with the ball. Warner and Smith could easily have kept it from him and the rest of the team.

Its looking even more likely that the arrogant Warner was the architect of the plot and Smith too weak to stop it happening.

Lehmann isn't a bad aussie to be fair, he has turned the team around well since he's been there.   I think there is more coming - you can bet there are people in the press etc going through hours of footage of previous tests right now. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Bancroft also unsurprisingly not coming to Taunton:

The curse of the overseas players strikes again !

CLUB STATEMENT: CAMERON BANCROFT

Somerset Director of Cricket Andy Hurry has offered the following statement regarding Cameron Bancroft:

“Over the last few days, cricket has been over shadowed by a very dark cloud. There has been an understandable amount of emotion, deliberation, varying degrees of language and opinions across the game, the public and the various media platforms all associated with the alteration to the condition of the ball by Cameron Bancroft during the Third Test in Cape Town.

Cricket Australia, following their investigations, have offered sanctions to those involved.

We as a Club have been monitoring this process closely, alongside gathering as much additional information as we can. I have spoken numerous times to Cameron since last Saturday, he has spoken very maturely, he shared his deep regret and apologised to everyone associated to the Club.

It’s important we remember there is a young man at the centre of all this, he made a poor choice, as I and I’m sure many of us have done during our lives. What’s important now, is Cameron is given the appropriate support. There is no doubt in my mind, he will learn from this and he will return stronger.

I have met this morning with the CEO, Club Captain and Head Coach and with the Club’s best interests at the centre of our decision can confirm Cameron Bancroft will not be our overseas player for the 2018 season.

We are currently undertaking the process to recruit a replacement overseas player that best fits our needs and will share an update in due course.”

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Bancroft also unsurprisingly not coming to Taunton:

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The curse of the overseas players strikes again !

CLUB STATEMENT: CAMERON BANCROFT

Somerset Director of Cricket Andy Hurry has offered the following statement regarding Cameron Bancroft:

“Over the last few days, cricket has been over shadowed by a very dark cloud. There has been an understandable amount of emotion, deliberation, varying degrees of language and opinions across the game, the public and the various media platforms all associated with the alteration to the condition of the ball by Cameron Bancroft during the Third Test in Cape Town.

Cricket Australia, following their investigations, have offered sanctions to those involved.

We as a Club have been monitoring this process closely, alongside gathering as much additional information as we can. I have spoken numerous times to Cameron since last Saturday, he has spoken very maturely, he shared his deep regret and apologised to everyone associated to the Club.

It’s important we remember there is a young man at the centre of all this, he made a poor choice, as I and I’m sure many of us have done during our lives. What’s important now, is Cameron is given the appropriate support. There is no doubt in my mind, he will learn from this and he will return stronger.

I have met this morning with the CEO, Club Captain and Head Coach and with the Club’s best interests at the centre of our decision can confirm Cameron Bancroft will not be our overseas player for the 2018 season.

We are currently undertaking the process to recruit a replacement overseas player that best fits our needs and will share an update in due course.”

A very mature, restrained and, it should be said, warm and sympathetic statement.

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Oh **** me ...........who was it written by, that so lovely Wally ?

Now, Now.

Cameron Bancroft has obviously made a huge mistake/error of judgement and, quite rightly, has been punished for same.

He is, however, a young man, with no previous history of 'cheating' (possible question about sugar in trouser pocket?)  and deserves the opportunity to atone for his mistake.

Somerset CCC have, in my opinion, simply said, in the nicest possible way, that they will not be employing CB as their overseas player for the 2018 season.

44 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Now, Now.

Cameron Bancroft has obviously made a huge mistake/error of judgement and, quite rightly, has been punished for same.

He is, however, a young man, with no previous history of 'cheating' (possible question about sugar in trouser pocket?)  and deserves the opportunity to atone for his mistake.

Somerset CCC have, in my opinion, simply said, in the nicest possible way, that they will not be employing CB as their overseas player for the 2018 season.

I blame Gloucestershire.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Shame for all concerned. Bancroft is undoubtedly a classy player who appears to be the fall guy having been told by Warner to corrupt the ball.

Shame for Somerset who now have start looking overseas again with the season not long away,

Warner’s free p

• Admin
6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Now, Now.

Is 25 that young?  We have 15 and 16 year olds clamouring for the vote at 16, surely at 25 you know your own mind and if you have a strong stance on something, you take it.  I’m afraid I have no sympathy for any of them involved, take the risk, get caught and take the punishment, in this day that also means ridicule and castigation on social media, as well as any official sanction.

9 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Is 25 that young?  We have 15 and 16 year olds clamouring for the vote at 16, surely at 25 you know your own mind and if you have a strong stance on something, you take it.  I’m afraid I have no sympathy for any of them involved, take the risk, get caught and take the punishment, in this day that also means ridicule and castigation on social media, as well as any official sanction.

I know what you mean; perhaps naive would have described his actions better, certainly I can imagine him being intimidated by someone like Warner.

Interesting, though, that Mauricio Pochettino, when talking this morning about Dele Alli, said:

"But he is young. He is 21. If you compare with normal people on the street who are 21, they are still living at home with their parents, they are still at university doing stupid things.

Sometimes we expect too much and we put too much pressure on 21-year-old players. Sometimes we forget and treat them like 40-year-old men.

It's not like this. We need to be focused on him being still a kid. It's a lot of pressure on his shoulders and not always can he act how the people and the society expect. That is so important to understand."

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I`m surprised no-one`s commented on the cringefest that was the Warner interview - hardly an ounce of remorse just `me, me, me, I`m so sorry, I`ve ****** up my life, please feel sorry for me. I`m so sad I can`t play cricket with my mates anymore so please help me to deal with this as I`m so unhappy`

Tosser.

• Admin
On 30/03/2018 at 08:33, PHILINFRANCE said:

I know what you mean; perhaps naive would have described his actions better, certainly I can imagine him being intimidated by someone like Warner.

Interesting, though, that Mauricio Pochettino, when talking this morning about Dele Alli, said:

"But he is young. He is 21. If you compare with normal people on the street who are 21, they are still living at home with their parents, they are still at university doing stupid things.

Sometimes we expect too much and we put too much pressure on 21-year-old players. Sometimes we forget and treat them like 40-year-old men.

It's not like this. We need to be focused on him being still a kid. It's a lot of pressure on his shoulders and not always can he act how the people and the society expect. That is so important to understand."

That’s a bit idealistic, when I was 21, I was a year out of my apprenticeship, expected to complete any job to the same level that a 40/50/60 year old would, I know plenty of people who had left home by 21.  

I would expect anyone from 11 or 12 years old to know the difference between cheating and not, fully understanding the consequences at that age might be a stretch, but not at 18+.

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m surprised no-one`s commented on the cringefest that was the Warner interview - hardly an ounce of remorse just `me, me, me, I`m so sorry, I`ve ****** up my life, please feel sorry for me. I`m so sad I can`t play cricket with my mates anymore so please help me to deal with this as I`m so unhappy`

Tosser.

When Warner arrived back in Oz he walked thru customs hiding behind his wife and kids -  just to avoid the press asking questions.

Two days later he comes out with a prepared statement in which he admitted he was so desperate to win 'for my country' that he resorted to cheating. Then he started blubbing..........just like the other two and added that he wants to earn his respect back

Anyway, it's all over now and the Aussies are facing defeat in SA with three of their best players missing - shame that...

Archived