IGNORED

Attendance comparisons ....

Jarman

Interesting comparing the Football Championship with the Rugby Championship whose attendance barely match those of National League clubs:

Bedford Blues 9 22,589 2,510 3,401 1,743  
Bristol 10 80,256 8,026 11,184 6,509  
Cornish Pirates 8 12,132 1,517 2,236 1,112  
Doncaster Knights 9 11,686 1,298 2,002 887  
Ealing Trailfinders 10 8,276 828 1,589 574  
Hartpury College 9 6,645 738 1,026 426  
Jersey Reds 10 14,477 1,448 2,174 1,103  
London Scottish 10 12,046 1,205 1,863 800  
Nottingham 8 9,403 1,175 1,390 919  
Richmond 9 7,810 868 1,425 468  
Rotherham Titans 10 8,347 835 1,607 609  
Yorkshire Carnegie 8 14,817 1,852 2,478 1,429

The championship is the equivalent (bar bristol, Bedford and Yorkshire carnegie) to league 2, with some clubs (Hartpury, ealing and Richmond) being non league in crowd sizes. 

Bristol are the exception but the difference is so mega its not worth comparing really

59 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Footballs more popular than Rugby. Who’d have thought it..?! 

An important factor rarely mentioned is that, they also only play half the number of games as proper football.

Obviously, half as much income for the club, half as much expenditure (for fans), so, roughly less than a third actually attend rugby, compared to football, based on this seasons averages.

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

An important factor rarely mentioned is that, they also only play half the number of games as proper football.

Obviously, half as much income for the club, half as much expenditure (for fans), so, roughly less than a third actually attend rugby, compared to football, based on this seasons averages.

Condensed version 

Rugby is crap. 

9 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Free tickets for City season ticket holders for the final Bristol rugby home match and trophy presentation, Friday April 13th.

Go see for yourself 

I’m sure there must be a bike race or something on..?

@Miah Dennehy can you help out with some more crap excuses for not attending fixtures..? 

Not you personally, but your comrades are the masters of it. Help please..!

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m sure there must be a bike race or something on..?

@Miah Dennehy can you help out with some more crap excuses for not attending fixtures..? 

Not you personally, but your comrades are the masters of it. Help please..!

I missed Mickey Barrett's last ever game for us a 3-2 thriller against Millwall in which he scored a last minute winner.

A girl I had been seeing hinted I would have a very good chance of blowjob ( a rare thing in the early 80s) if I saw her that night, so I went round to her place waiting for her parents to go out. They didn't and she didn't.

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I missed Mickey Barrett's last ever game for us a 3-2 thriller against Millwall in which he scored a last minute winner.

A girl I had been seeing hinted I would have a very good chance of blowjob ( a rare thing in the early 80s) if I saw her that night, so I went round to her place waiting for her parents to go out. They didn't and she didn't.

But such a tragic story has set you in good stead for a life full of false promises, exciting plans that never come to fruition, frustration and bad decisions..!

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I wonder what the comparative per head spend on commercial activities are. This is probably an old fashioned view, but the impression we are given is that Rugby appeals to the middle to higher classes with greater disposable income. 

The Rugby crowds drink massively more than the football crowd. 

I can’t remember the figures, so I won’t quote them - but Andrew Billingham told me the comparison once and it was vastly different. 

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Maybe you were 'fishing' on the wrong stretch of river.......

Or perhaps the lady in question was hoping for you to bring your 'pole rather than just the rod ??..

Archived