IGNORED

Season Tickets Countdown

Bristol Rob

56 minutes ago, PWright said:

Does anyone know if the pay monthly option will make a mark on my credit report as effectively it's taken credit out. I'm applying for a mortgage and don't want it to affect my credit rating!

I don’t think this is finance. It’s the club accepting payments by instalment. 

23 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Daft question probably, but looking to move (me & kids) from family section to south stand so haven’t yet renewed. Seat plan shows barely any availability.....presumably just a glitch and will be possible - from noon on 29th?

Seat plan won’t show any existing ST seats. Any not renewed will then become available. If there are any. 

1 hour ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Daft question probably, but looking to move (me & kids) from family section to south stand so haven’t yet renewed. Seat plan shows barely any availability.....presumably just a glitch and will be possible - from noon on 29th?

If everyone renews in South Stand, and you'll be left only with the front 5 or 6 rows or Heineken corner. 

11 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I have actually...

11 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

My apologies, confusing you with someone else

I might be too, but WTTJ weren't you the one making quite a point on here about refusing to renew this time last season due to similar dissatisfactions with the club?

Which you kept to, but then later said you'd got a half ST because you didn't want to miss out on the Cup ties and a generally good season?

If so then someone could be forgiven for remembering your posts when you said you would not renew but missing the one where you relented.

Again, apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/mar/26/time-for-spurs-repair-relationship-fans-tickets

Decent piece in the Guardian reflecting on ST rises.  Framed in the context of the massive increases that Spurs fans are facing in order to pay for all the oak panelling in the new stadium, but many of the arguments are the same as have been made on here in recent weeks.

13 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

My good lady lost her job on Friday so, while its still affordable, I have to be slightly frugal just in case she doesn't find another one.

Not happy but being sensible for a change. :(

Sis, brother in law and dad have all renewed but not me at the mo.

Sorry to hear that Ska, fingers crossed she gets a job shortly and then you can get a half season ticket at least. Keep positive.

11 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

My apologies, confusing you with someone else

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

I might be too, but WTTJ weren't you the one making quite a point on here about refusing to renew this time last season due to similar dissatisfactions with the club?

Which you kept to, but then later said you'd got a half ST because you didn't want to miss out on the Cup ties and a generally good season?

If so then someone could be forgiven for remembering your posts when you said you would not renew but missing the one where you relented.

Again, apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else.

Almost correct Nogbad. It was watching the United game on TV that killed me. So many friends told me how great it was and I really felt like I'd missed out. Already stopped attending again because fundamentally, it is still going down the toilet as far as I'm concerned. Not only the ticket prices going up, but the atmosphere has been really poor too. 

Not just a City issue, as it is a problem that is present in almost every UK club, but so many seem happy with being 'just like everyone else'. Personally I don't really want PL football. We'd see fewer players like Joe and Bobby come through, games on everyday of the week, plastic fans, and overly defensive football as the majority of teams just want to survive. Give me a Championship (or less) team, with reasonable prices, in a stadium full of loud and proud Bristolians. 

The success of a football club shouldn't be judged by on the pitch performances, but in the community it creates within its fanbase. That puts me at odds with the people running this club, but also many fellow fans. As a result I cannot enjoy it as I once did.

The sad thing is that I think if you ask most fans, they'd tell you they enjoyed coming to City 10, 20, 30+ years ago. However we have all been sold a lie in my opinion. The lie is the Premier League, and how it must be attained at all costs. So many fans have bought this that the community that is Bristol City Football Club has been lost to the Premier League Dream Machine, that breeds nothing but apathy, disappointment and in some cases (see Arsenal fans), severe arrogance and entitlement. 

7 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Almost correct Nogbad. It was watching the United game on TV that killed me. So many friends told me how great it was and I really felt like I'd missed out. Already stopped attending again because fundamentally, it is still going down the toilet as far as I'm concerned. Not only the ticket prices going up, but the atmosphere has been really poor too. 

Not just a City issue, as it is a problem that is present in almost every UK club, but so many seem happy with being 'just like everyone else'. Personally I don't really want PL football. We'd see fewer players like Joe and Bobby come through, games on everyday of the week, plastic fans, and overly defensive football as the majority of teams just want to survive. Give me a Championship (or less) team, with reasonable prices, in a stadium full of loud and proud Bristolians. 

The success of a football club shouldn't be judged by on the pitch performances, but in the community it creates within its fanbase. That puts me at odds with the people running this club, but also many fellow fans. As a result I cannot enjoy it as I once did.

The sad thing is that I think if you ask most fans, they'd tell you they enjoyed coming to City 10, 20, 30+ years ago. However we have all been sold a lie in my opinion. The lie is the Premier League, and how it must be attained at all costs. So many fans have bought this that the community that is Bristol City Football Club has been lost to the Premier League Dream Machine, that breeds nothing but apathy, disappointment and in some cases (see Arsenal fans), severe arrogance and entitlement. 

But you bought a half season ticket because we were doing well on the pitch and because heating the epitome of everything that is “modern football” (Man United) killed you..?

Isn’t that all very contradictory..?

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion and if you no longer enjoy football or Bristol City, then there’s no point in going, but maybe you’ve just fallen out of love with it, rather than it all being some big plot to rob you of your football club..?

25 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Good post WTTJ. I completely agree about the PL, I can't stand it yet ironically it is the clubs natural goal.

If we could play every season to be champions of the Championship, with no promotion as if the PL doesn't exist, that would do me fine.

Also agree about the the make up of the crowd and the atmosphere. I saw more consistently loud and passionate support in crowds half the size (and less) than we see today.

The present day AG experience wouldn't have appealed to me much as a young fan and I doubt I'd be going now if I wasn't a such committed supporter of decades past.

Nothing about the experience of going to AG is either as much fun, or as unique in comparison to other experiences, as the AG that attracted me in the first place.

Entering AG was a completely different world to anything else I did, or had experienced, when I first started going. Magical really in retrospect and a great shame it's changed so much.

The only option if we don't like it is simply to stop going though and I haven't reached that stage yet.

14 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

My good lady lost her job on Friday so, while its still affordable, I have to be slightly frugal just in case she doesn't find another one.

Not happy but being sensible for a change. :(

Sis, brother in law and dad have all renewed but not me at the mo.

What's her line of work mate?

Maybe between us all we can keep our ears to the ground and let you know if we hear anything.

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

But you bought a half season ticket because we were doing well on the pitch and because heating the epitome of everything that is “modern football” (Man United) killed you..?

Isn’t that all very contradictory..?

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion and if you no longer enjoy football or Bristol City, then there’s no point in going, but maybe you’ve just fallen out of love with it, rather than it all being some big plot to rob you of your football club..?

I thought I was missing out. Already stopped again as I said. I was wrong. That said, just because I disagree with the way football and BCFC are going, doesn't mean I'm not allowed to get excited at beating Man U.

As for your second bit, I love BCFC, but cannot stand what it has become. I haven't changed, it has. If you're happy to accept it then happy days, good for you. I'm actually delighted for you. But I'm not. And whilst I may be in the minority who are willing to walk away, I'd say the majority of our core fanbase, the loyal fans who were watching us in L1, would say it has got worse. It will only get worse, and as it does, the core will slowly but surely shrink under the weight of plastic, until AG is just vanilla. Boring and plain. 

18 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Another 'please renew' email this morning. Anyone else not renewed yet get one?

Yes, of course. I doubt they are just specifically keen on you renewing yours. It’s more than likely gone to everyone..! 

57 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I thought I was missing out. Already stopped again as I said. I was wrong. That said, just because I disagree with the way football and BCFC are going, doesn't mean I'm not allowed to get excited at beating Man U.

As for your second bit, I love BCFC, but cannot stand what it has become. I haven't changed, it has. If you're happy to accept it then happy days, good for you. I'm actually delighted for you. But I'm not. And whilst I may be in the minority who are willing to walk away, I'd say the majority of our core fanbase, the loyal fans who were watching us in L1, would say it has got worse. It will only get worse, and as it does, the core will slowly but surely shrink under the weight of plastic, until AG is just vanilla. Boring and plain. 

It’s a shame that you and others feel that way. Football in general is indeed different to years past. I don’t really feel that it’s worse, just different. Although of course some areas aren’t as good, but some are a bit better. 

I think clubs are caught between a rock & a hard place to some extent. What you describe is largely what Rovers still have and I have no envy of that. 

I suppose I share the dream of experiencing the Premier league, but as I’ve said on other threads before - I’m weary about the reality of it, once the initial couples of seasons (if it lasts that long) novelty has worn off. 

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Maybe between us all we can keep our ears to the ground and let you know if we hear anything.

Just on this. I know it’s a bit desperate and nothing to do with football. I’m also looking for work. After being made redundant. If anyone has anything pm me . Sorry for hijacking thread . But got a family and need to work. 

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just on this. I know it’s a bit desperate and nothing to do with football. I’m also looking for work. After being made redundant. If anyone has anything pm me . Sorry for hijacking thread . But got a family and need to work. 

Will keep an ear out. Any line of work in particular?

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Thanks Glyn. She was a team leader in retail. If you hear of anything send me a PM.

We are at an age where money  / pensions are quite important so it's unfortunate timing TBH.

We'll survive just fine but I have to tighten the old purse strings for a while and the ST has to go for now. All being well I'll get a half ST later this year.

Thanks again.

18 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I haven’t renewed yet...have had a few emails reminding me that I will ‘lose my seat’ if I don’t do so by the deadline! Yep, like there’s a desperate waiting list on tenterhooks over whether my seat will be up for grabs before April for next season!

...errr...where's your seat?..:whistle:

3 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Agree entirely. Highlight of my day is the before and after beers on North Street with mates; the actual match day experience in the Gate isn't what it used to be.

25 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Agree entirely. Highlight of my day is the before and after beers on North Street with mates; the actual match day experience in the Gate isn't what it used to be.

Out of interest then and genuine question... will you continue with the social meet up and just stay in the pub or get a bite to eat whilst the game is on and the others head off to the match..? 

16 hours ago, PWright said:

Does anyone know if the pay monthly option will make a mark on my credit report as effectively it's taken credit out. I'm applying for a mortgage and don't want it to affect my credit rating!

I redid my mortgage deal last year. It is looked at,along with all your direct debits and you get asked if it is essential or not. As you can cancel it (albeit at the cost of losing your seats) I said if I really needed to I could cancel it, so it didn't get counted in the affordability calculations (along with things like the kids' swimming lessons and the standing orders for beavers and scouts - highly desirable but not at the expense of losing your home if circumstances change!)

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, of course. I doubt they are just specifically keen on you renewing yours. It’s more than likely gone to everyone..! 

It was more to make the point that those who haven't yet renewed are being monitored.

When figures are released, whether good or bad, the fact that quite a few fans delayed renewing to the very last moment won't be mentioned. 

Just now, RedLionLad said:

It was more to make the point that those who haven't yet renewed are being monitored.

When figures are released, whether good or bad, the fact that quite a few fans delayed renewing to the very last moment won't be mentioned. 

Why would it be mentioned..? There is a deadline and people have until then to act. There’s no benefit or message, in having don’t it 2 weeks ago. 

I still haven’t done mine yet. I’m going too. I’m just deciding on the best way to pay it. 

I expect the emails are for no better reason than people being unable to say “I forgot about the deadline” 

I’d be more pissed off if I did forget and they hadn’t sent me reminders..! 

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Out of interest then and genuine question... will you continue with the social meet up and just stay in the pub or get a bite to eat whilst the game is on and the others head off to the match..? 

Sadly not as my crowd, won't be renewing this year (various reasons ranging from kids ticket increases etc). Chances are we might meet up in a local pub elsewhere, but the days of drinking in BS3 next season will finish.

27 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Sadly not as my crowd, won't be renewing this year (various reasons ranging from kids ticket increases etc). Chances are we might meet up in a local pub elsewhere, but the days of drinking in BS3 next season will finish.

Sad times mate. Football is so much more than the 90 minutes the game is on for. 

23 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Just renewed for me & the boy in our existing seats in the Dolman. Had to do it today otherwise I'd have blatantly forgotten about the deadline. I must say though I'm hardly buzzing. 

Similar flat feeling for me as well mate.

Once again, the club have managed to turn a transaction that should be full of optimism and excitement in to a negative with the threat of losing your seat the only carrot they can dangle.

Archived