IGNORED

You can make a profit in the Premier League if you`re sensible

Lanterne Rouge

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43588902

Pretty much how I`d like us to approach it if we did go up.

Burnley have been incredibly smart. They used the funds their promotions in around 2009 and then the first one with Dyche to develop their squad and infrastructure to sustainably challenge, stick with Dyche when they were relegated and now have everything in place to make a sustained impression in the Premier League.

Definitley the right way to go about things.

43 minutes ago, 054123 said:

That article is a bit in depth. I'l need some time to digest the finer points later.

Very droll indeed.

Maybe the thread title could also read: "You can make a loss in the Premier League if you are totally stupid" . 

There is a lot of stupidity about, that is for sure.

55 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Burnley have been incredibly smart. They used the funds their promotions in around 2009 and then the first one with Dyche to develop their squad and infrastructure to sustainably challenge, stick with Dyche when they were relegated and now have everything in place to make a sustained impression in the Premier League.

Definitley the right way to go about things.

Burnley were a club pretty much about the same size as us and I look for their results and really like the way they've gone about establishing themselves in the PL. 

Sean Dyche is a far better manager than he was a player for sure and I really enjoy listening to his no nonsense interviews. He's the sort of bloke you'd want beside you in the trenches.

City have a very sensible fiscal format in place, thought up by SL and overseen by MA and that won't change when City get to the PL even if it means coming straight back down and then back up again as Burnley did.

Their success is a model well worth copying.

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Burnley were a club pretty much about the same size as us and I look for their results and really like the way they've gone about establishing themselves in the PL. 

Sean Dyche is a far better manager than he was a player for sure and I really enjoy listening to his no nonsense interviews. He's the sort of bloke you'd want beside you in the trenches.

City have a very sensible fiscal format in place, thought up by SL and overseen by MA and that won't change when City get to the PL even if it means coming straight back down and then back up again as Burnley did.

To put this in perspective, Burnley is smaller than Bath. They have an amazing level of local support. And as you say, fantastic model for what can be sensibly achieved in a nonsensical league. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Sean Dyche is a far better manager than he was a player LJ for sure and I really enjoy listening to his no nonsense interviews. He's the sort of bloke you'd want beside you in the trenches.

Corrected it for you.

43 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

To put this in perspective, Burnley is smaller than Bath. They have an amazing level of local support. And as you say, fantastic model for what can be sensibly achieved in a nonsensical league. 

Populations ; 

Bath 84,000

Burnley 73,000

Shrewsbury 71,000

Bristol 430,000

Next season we'll be below another giant of a club, The Shrews. So come on Barff Ci'y, get moving!

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

And nor should it.

When and if we do get up - yes, give it a right good go to stay there but if we do get relegated we will have the resources and experience to build and go again.

The challenge is getting there in the first place and then making sensible longer term decisions with the influx of cash.

22 hours ago, Flint says No said:

They did well in January but normally they don’t spend a lot and they had to in January because obviously Alexis going would be a huge loss

Arhhh ok so you are talking past tense as in 2017 but not forever then.

20 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Yeah but in how long...

Am I supposed to guess the finish to your sentence ?

6 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

City COULD make a profit if they got into the prem

by not going mad on signings and wages Simple

The problem would be most fans on OTIB wouldnt be happy with that

The second we went up there would be posts on here telling, no demanding SL

to go out and buy silly targets 

You don't need promotion for that it happens anyway 

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Yeah but in how long is it since Arsenal have had a player as good as Alan Hudson? That is your sort of question not mine remember. :P

Mark Flatts though, what a coup that was getting on loan

Archived