IGNORED

The Barnsley v Bristol City Match Day Thread 39

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think Pato in particular suffered the most with our injuries. He played a lot of minutes with his own injury concerns. I would have tried to rotate more over that stretch but maybe would not looked as good at the time. No telling where that would have left us now though. 

He`s not been right since he had that virus. Thankfully Callum`s nearly back.

• Like 1

Fammy with a piece of quality in the half, they are dogged and determined as you would expect, tho for a team of supposed northeners they fall over an awful lot and the referee is definitely a homer, he hasn't a clue.

No width from JB, he looks shot of confidence, not sure why, midfield too slow and ponderous, too many long balls from front to back.

But somehow we're in the game, got to build on that, because we ain't playing well at all.

• Thanks 1

Screecher's on top banshee irritating form.

He's mystified why 'McBurnie is being booed by City fans every time he touches the ball for some reason.'

Then goes on to say he 'knows McBurnie had a loan spell at Bristol Rovers but surely that can't be it'?

No, no, ridiculous notion, that couldn't possibly be it. :noexp: :doh:

17 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Patterson is absolute dogshite. 

Harsh. 

He’s a v good player when in form and in his right position in the hole. He’s not a winger though and that’s really showed in recent weeks. I’d play Bryan wide left and Kelly at LB for the next few games 

Edited by Jacki
Typo
  • Sad 1

1-1 HT. 

Awful defending by Wright, lucky not to get a red card and from corner won after their free kick, they score.

Another error by Wright whose attempted pass hits a city player on the back, nearly leads to 2nd Barnsley goal.

Great goal by Fammy gets us level, soon after Brownhill chance cleared by last ditch tackle.

Pato, like the rest of 2018 in the league, is doing hardly anything. I'd take him off, put Kelly on and push Bryan up - which is how LJ should have started the game.

Barnsley their for the taking if we can just up our game a bit and Wright doesn't do anything else stupid as the back!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

1-1 HT. 

Awful defending by Wright, lucky not to get a red card and from corner won after their free kick, they score.

Another error by Wright whose attempted pass hits a city player on the back, nearly leads to 2nd Barnsley goal.

Great goal by Fammy gets us level, soon after Brownhill chance cleared by last ditch tackle.

Pato, like the rest of 2018 in the league, is doing hardly anything. I'd take him off, put Kelly on and push Bryan up - which is how LJ should have started the game.

Barnsley their for the taking if we can just up our game a bit and Wright doesn't do anything else stupid as the back!

You could argue that Pisano, Wright and Pato should be subbed!  Diedhiou was awful as well until his goal 

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

How does someone like Djeidhou, who's built like a brick shithouse, seem to get shoved off the ball so easily? 

I think it is mental. When he absolutely has to hold it up or a team will counter on us, usually around our halfway line, he usually does brilliantly and picks a pass. Get 25-30 yards in their half it seems he doesn’t have quite the same fight and urgency. Though for a big man he is basically useless on long balls up to him in the air. Sometimes will win a flick if he has a step he can take. 

We see his strengths as a finisher though. That is why he cost 5m+. Doesn’t carve out as many chances as a Reid or Kodjia but is usually clinical. His goals per minute are up with the best and he usually finds the target. Many usually find the small stuff to pick out with him but he is good at most things with exceptional finishing. It’ll be tough to keep him his entire contract imo. Hell if he was never injured, I expect we’d already be hearing rumours

• Thanks 1

Not a great first half - looked casual and sloppy from the off and not surprised when we went a goal down. 

Wright could have been sent off on another day for that body check. 

Thought Bryan made some key tackles/blocks but hasn't really got forward - probably because Pato is all over the place and having another poor game. One or two shocking passes.

Great finish from Fam. Brownhill looks lively. Ref a bit of a homer. Couple of handballs he ignored and one throw in looked nailed on ours and went the other way which got LJ riled up.

Better since we scored though.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

1-1 HT. 

That's asking a lot of Wright .

• Haha 1

What a bizarre game of football, we are lumbering between the abject and the odd glimpse of sublime.

Wright was lucky he wasn't sent off, but that came from Bryan and Paterson piss arsing around in the Barnsley half and being caught out again.

Bryan looks a bag of nerves, Paterson has been largely anonymous.

The midfield has struggled to gain any kind of dominance.

Now Diedhiou, he scored a wonderful goal but he does frustrate me, for such a big man he is so very easy to move off of the ball and consequently the ball is just not being held up to give us any respite.

We are technically better than them but need to start winning more battles in midfield.

And how long is the referee going to allow that ***** McBurnie to get into his face FFS.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

And to think many don't rate our 1 in 2 man Fammy...

Really poor first half that but we did improve slightly after a shocking first 25. I'd have Kelly on for Pato and switch him with Bryan on that wing. Sadly we have no replacement really for Wright who looks poor. 

Wright has been below par in most games for quite a while.  Assuming Baker gets through today, then I think we will see Pisano, Flint, Baker and either Kelly / Bryan on Monday.  I’d be more than happy with either of those back 4s.