IGNORED

The Barnsley v Bristol City Match Day Thread 39

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Should be a very straightforward decision for LJ for Monday if Baker comes through today's match.

Flint straight back in for Bailey Wright.

I am being swayed on Wright. Think he is a bit too unpredictable. There are games where he looks an elite defender. Then he has days where he can’t pick a pass and make boneheaded fouls. Not a great trait for a CB is unpredictability. If looking to be a top team I don’t think he can be a starter. Baffling he was made captain though. Korey and Marlon my first two choices there. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I still don't get why he hasn't played Kelly after 2 clean sheets and 2 man of the match performances. Paterson poor again from what I saw and what I have heard. Makes no sense to me.

2 90 min appearances for England. LJ has said he would trust Kelly on any individual game but not sure how he would cope playing Saturday/Tuesday so similar situation here 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I still don't get why he hasn't played Kelly after 2 clean sheets and 2 man of the match performances. Paterson poor again from what I saw and what I have heard. Makes no sense to me.

Holden said pre-match, that with the 2x England u20 matches on top of those 2 performances it was a consideration.  I think Kelly at LB and Bryan LM on Monday would see a positive crowd reaction. Might even see that today?

I think there’s no doubt that playing Fammy has changed our approach play - his goals return since coming back from injury is great but we were definitely playing better football with just Bobby up front. We really need to work out how to play more effectively with 2 up front. 

Paterson has been way less effective since he returned from that illness but I think it’s also because he has less of a free role since Fammy coming back in.