IGNORED

So...

Tinmans Love Child

Are the playoffs still on then?  I assumed by the match thread comments today we’d had a shocker and we’re doomed, yet we gained a point on 3 rivals with only Millwall gaining.  At the end of the season league positions mean nothing in terms of who wins what games, it’s a dog fight until the end and we have a great chance, COYR

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Are the playoffs still on then?  I assumed by the match thread comments today we’d had a shocker and we’re doomed, yet we gained a point on 3 rivals with only Millwall gaining.  At the end of the season league positions mean nothing in terms of who wins what games, it’s a dog fight until the end and we have a great chance, COYR

It's Always been on in my opinion never been out of it. But really need to find form now. 3-5-2 I'm convinced it's time now all players are back. 

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

It's on until mathematically impossible, now it's about matching/bettering the results of the teams around us rather than the actual amount of points we get.

Correct, we have a great great chance, we will have gained confidence today coming back twice, Brentford are probably out of the playoff chase now, 3 points Monday and it’s game on with Millwall to come

Definitely all to play for still.... joint 6 in the league,still have 21 points to play for , nearly a full squad to choose from and just have a look at yesterday’s results Preston,Darby,and boro all lost. We still have some of the teams around us to play ,and to still be in the top 6 after are recent run of results..... maybe (just maybe) this could be our year? The games can’t come quick enough 

I know, reading this place it feels like I’m the only one actually enjoying this season still. 

Its bloody great to be right in the mix with 7 games to go. I will worry about performances in August. For now, I’m dreaming that a few more timely looped headers in stoppage time could send us to the prem!

Still hoping O'Dowda might get back soon, bound to be a bit match rusty but if there is a player that we have really missed I am convinced it has been him. Wasn't overly impressed with him last year but he was really in the zone this season and his injury couldn't have happened at a worse time for him or the club. Patterson is probably the guy in the current team that I would trade for him now.

Onwards and upwards. COYR   :)

34 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I know, reading this place it feels like I’m the only one actually enjoying this season still. 

Its bloody great to be right in the mix with 7 games to go. I will worry about performances in August. For now, I’m dreaming that a few more timely looped headers in stoppage time could send us to the prem!

You're definitely not the only one enjoying this season. To me it's been pretty damn good, highlighted by the EFL cup run beating PL clubs along the way and we're still just one point off the pray offs. If we reach them, then fine and if we just miss out then no big deal. City will have another season in the Championship and are becoming established there. 

Some posters moan for moaning sake.

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You're definitely not the only one enjoying this season. To me it's been pretty damn good, highlighted by the EFL cup run beating PL clubs along the way and we're still just one point off the pray offs. If we reach them, then fine and if we just miss out then no big deal. City will have another season in the Championship and are becoming established there. 

I would like this post more than once if I could. I can’t work out if the fans who feel opposite to us are the LJ haters coming out of the woodwork, true fans who when the seasons finished will look back fondly on the season and realise they were just being reactionary or simply people with a completely different mindset to me. Whatever the reason I wish this forum wasn’t quite so divided.

Seven games to go last season relegation was still a possiblity.

This season at the same point promotion is still a possiblity.

In the summer I hoped/expected we’d likely finish between 12th and 10th place, without the stress of a relegation dog-fight to worry about; looks like that will happen, or better.

A bit of an up-and-down performance yesterday, but the results for those around us shows that this league is incredibly unpredictable.

We still have a shot, but regardless of that, we’ve had an excellent season so far.

Playoffs are all about momentum aren’t they, often the team who just scrapes into 6th place are favoured to go on and win it rather than the team who have been 2nd all season finding themselves in 3rd (although I will be amazed if that happens this season, possible though). If we are trying to go for that 6th place by just trying to time the push right we are playing a very nervy game, again possible though.

I too was looking for 10 or 12 spot to be a good season. As someone on the coach said after the game, that was us last season, pushing for points to avoid relegation. They certainly had more desire than we did. 

I can take losing, seen enough losses and yesterday we did get a draw that we didn’t deserve. But it’s the fact that we cannot play against certain teams that worries me, players weren’t up for playing against the Barnsley’s and the Burton’s. Then you have teams like Preston that we really struggle against. We have nothing we can try when we are in those situations that is effective, that’s more the worry for me than the actual results.

We have earned a bit of luck .

It is still in our hands and stranger things have happened.

We need to beat the teams around us to get back in the driving seat.

We have the players to do it they just need to find their best game and it's game on.

I still have a feeling that it will all come down to the last game against the Blades.

Shares in SB OIL  are doing nicely ! 

I said with 10 to go if we win all the home games we’ll be there or thereabouts.

Dont think anything has changed. Win those 4 games we have 74 points. With Derby seemingly in their annual collapse an extra spot has opened up.

The key now is probably avoiding defeat at Middlesbrough and Millwall. We’re not playing well enough away to win them but two draws will give us 76 points which I think will be enough, with Forest game there to maybe pick up an extra win if needed.

Easier said than done of course but this time last year we’d just lost away at Brentford, were about to get the you know what kicked out of us at Preston and looked doomed to league 1 so either way I’ll take this sort of challenge any day of the week.

4 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Really exciting season. We have had our dip I hope. 21 points to play, Derby in a bad run and Boro lost. When are Millwall gonna lose. SW beat Preston and Brentford-SU draw. We have it in our own hands and I think we will make it. Always believe, COYR!!!

in answer to your question when are millwall going to lose, I predict next Saturday.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Agree entirely RR. Good post, although some will say you're on the wind up.

13 hours ago, roddy-d said:

It's Always been on in my opinion never been out of it. But really need to find form now. 3-5-2 I'm convinced it's time now all players are back. 

Who are your 3 at the back then? We had 3 at the back with Cotterill and we know how that panned out.

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Agree entirely RR. Good post, although some will say you're on the wind up.

Indeed they will but it's all water off a ducks back RRH. 

Most supporters  of my generation have the good fortune to see and accept the long term strategy currently in place and have matured past the knee jerk reactions we see on here so frequently. 

Thats not to say that I'm not as disappointed as any fan when we lose but have learnt over many years to look at the wider picture.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m enjoying it too, and I suspect like many on here, I desperately want us to to recapture that form from pre-Xmas and fire us into the playoffs.  I think it’s only natural that if this season ebbs-away, it will be seen as an anti-climax in a season of progression.

It won’t be easy on Monday, but 3 points would give further optimism.

I still think we’ll make the playoffs, but we are giving other teams a chance, just like the likes of Derby are too.

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not singling you out, as many do it, but calling it the ‘pray offs’ just makes me gag...sorry...

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not singling you out, as many do it, but calling it the ‘pray offs’ just makes me gag...sorry...

To me the play offs are exactly that - a pray off. They're a lottery, form and league finishing position count for nothing.Anyone of the four can win it so all the fans of the four clubs pray..........

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To me the play offs are exactly that - a pray off. They're a lottery, form and league finishing position count for nothing.Anyone of the four can win it so all the fans of the four clubs pray..........

Yep, but they are called the play offs - please tell me you don’t start sentences with “So...” or “Yeh, no...” - equally annoying Chief!

Finishing 7th would be the ultimate humiliation, id rather finish 10th and go out on the sword.

Our next match is 10 x bigger than the Man U or Man C game, but i think some players are on their last legs condition wise, Johnson demands so much from them physically, has he run some into the ground? Or are we about to come into some serious form now we have players back progressively getting match fit, if we are about to hit a patch of form then talk about perfect timing, but i wont lie, i'm worried. :pray:

This is it for this team, if we dont make the pray offs this season and go up we might lose the spine,  ffs we have to win all of our next games.

Its still in our hands, we knew this would be tough, well this is tough and players need to prove they're mentally and physically able to deal with the pressure. Its less about pure ability now and more about nerve blood and sweat. COYR! :chant6ez:

Archived