IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day Thread 40 (Joint Effort - Merged)

That score flattered us hugely. 

The frustration as much as anything is just about every person looking at the line up before kick back off thought ‘what the hell is that’.

As poor as we have played. A complete shocker.

Just now, Badger08 said:

I'm pissed off, really pissed off, but can we please stop with the Johnson abuse, it embarrassing.

Johnson doesn't play, he doesn't tackle, he doesn't pass, he doesn't run, he doesn't show heart. Once the players cross that white line, it's the players that control it. 

But he does pick the team and instruct them how to play and its a results buisnesst

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

I'm pissed off, really pissed off, but can we please stop with the Johnson abuse, it embarrassing.

Johnson doesn't play, he doesn't tackle, he doesn't pass, he doesn't run, he doesn't show heart. Once the players cross that white line, it's the players that control it. 

The second paragraph could be an OTIB quote from 2007 

:P

Just now, Badger08 said:

This is modern football, players are never accountable. Far too cozy a culture.

It felt to me that the vibes coming out of the club (senior management) in Jan was one of “do we really want to go for it?” If Harry Dolman was still alive, he would be telling the club to go for it and get us up!

This lot were not serious about promotion - rubs off on the players unfortunately. Lack of ambition.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Was hoping to get to this but a **** up @ work meant I didn't finish in time. Thank for that. We won't achieve anything with LJ in charge. He simply lacks ideas when the going gets tough. The players need to take a good look at themselves too. That said if I worked in a place that lacked ambition maybe motivation maybe a problem too.

What on earth was he doing picking Walsh and Kent to start. Yeah, perhaps one or the other. Walsh isn't quite ready and Kent should be subs bench at best! Sorely missed Pack and Patterson.

How have we gone from chasing autos to a pile of steaming poo? Something doesn't seem right with the team at all...

13 minutes ago, city2015 said:

"It's amazing how deep bristol city players are sitting, they're either knackered or not trying" - TalkSport 2

oh they are trying......VERY trying :mf_sleep:

Well what can you say after that?

I can cope with being crap. I can cope with players being a bit half arsed in meaningless end of season games.. hell, I've even not moaned during this poor period of results due to the joy this team gave us in the first half of the season.

But I absolutely cannot defend that. The premiership dream is a carrot right in front of us and those players on the pitch were an absolute disgrace to the shirt. Zero effort, zero urgency. LJ can go and do one as well with that team selection. What's needed is for a fan to be sent into that dressing room and tell both LJ and the players how badly we've been let down today. Utter disgrace.

Just now, Badger08 said:

Correct but how do you explain that performance virtually to a man absolutely shambolic. Only Frankie can perhaps hold his head up.

City have no chance of a play off birth; think we all know that especially now, after this utter lack of quality. How does Lee turn this around? 

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Tell that to Alan Pardew!!

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If that is the sort of level of debate you are capable of best perhaps not to enter debate at all.  Unnecessary and juvenile name calling.  Cut it out young man

I by no means always agree with you but in this case you are entirely correct.

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

True, but he picks the team and sets the tactics and keeps picking largely the same failing players. The buck stops with the Manager.

10 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Look we were prob VERY tired from our recent efforts up north

...yep and “young and inexperienced squad”..(Fielding 29 years old, Steele 33, Flint 28, Baker 26, Wright 25, Mags 25, Pisano 31, Smith 27, O’Neil 34, Hegeler 30, Paterson 26, Fammy 25, Pack 27, Reid 25, Djuric 27, Diony 25, Taylor 26...hardly babies are they?!)

LJ’s obsession with Paterson is now beyond a joke, I cannot think of less uninspiring substitution than Paterson for Kent, oh hold on how about Kent for Paterson?

I know that he who is beyond criticism will be staunchly defended yet again but the truth is we are now into the 4th month of mainly abject performances allied with LJ’s performance as manager/head coach has been as abject as well.

Starting with his January transfer window signings, they have been shocking and were never ever going to be signings that helped to maintain our lofty position at the time, it was indeed terribly uninspiring, disappointing, wasteful and shows that our transfer policy still has a long way to go, it was a great opportunity missed, with our cup exploits far better players would have been happy to sign for us.

His team selections of late, his tactics, his substitutions and his lack of a viable plan B have been exposed and today was utter dog shite nobody comes out of this with any credit, especially not LJ.

I cannot wait for the post match drivel, who will get the blame today?, Magnússon wasn't playing so he should be safe.

Just now, havanatopia said:

Correct but how do you explain that performance virtually to a man absolutely shambolic. Only Frankie can perhaps hold his head up.

City have no chance of a play off birth; think we all know that especially now, after this utter lack of quality. How does Lee turn this around? 

Leave

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If that is the sort of level of debate you are capable of best perhaps not to enter debate at all.  Unnecessary and juvenile name calling.  Cut it out young man

Compared to your daily rants and raves about Johnson? Christ even if we were top you’d find something to bloody moan about. You’re like a stuck record, only ever crop up to whine when things are going wrong....

Archived