IGNORED

Sorry Gang but Get Real

longyears

Little Lee should never have been appointed as many said at the time. He has achieved nothing as a manager consistently and is tactically a mess. Even with support from SL he has largely signed journey men at best. We over achieved first half of the season and have now found our level - even if a miracle happened and we got to the play offs we would not even make the final. He has a love in with the Lansdowns and good luck to him but he is a poor manager who would have been sacked last season by any sane owner. I am not a betting man but I will have a little wager that we get relegated next season if he stays ( which of course he will ) as he really is clueless once the opposition work out his plan A - he does not possess a B or C.

As for substitutions - the mind boggles that any manager can be so thick ( and original selections are not much better ! )

Div One here we come !

I think we have serious problems down there at the moment.

Results since Christmas have been poor and in recents weeks performance have been getting steadily worse and today’s display was nothing short of a disgrace.

22 hours ago, longyears said:

Little Lee should never have been appointed as many said at the time. He has achieved nothing as a manager consistently and is tactically a mess. Even with support from SL he has largely signed journey men at best. We over achieved first half of the season and have now found our level - even if a miracle happened and we got to the play offs we would not even make the final. He has a love in with the Lansdowns and good luck to him but he is a poor manager who would have been sacked last season by any sane owner. I am not a betting man but I will have a little wager that we get relegated next season if he stays ( which of course he will ) as he really is clueless once the opposition work out his plan A - he does not possess a B or C.

As for substitutions - the mind boggles that any manager can be so thick ( and original selections are not much better ! )

Div One here we come !

Blimey you must have had the theme tune from Jaws playing inside your head as you were typing the above........they'll be after you for this matey and unlike Basil Fawlty who ' mentioned it once and got away with it  ' you've gone and dropped the L1 bombshell so i'm not sure your prognosis is quite as healthy.... but good luck anyway !   :yawn:

23 hours ago, longyears said:

Div One here we come !

I get where you are coming from, but what journeymen has he signed? I can only think of O'Neil...

On 02/04/2018 at 16:59, longyears said:

Div One here we come !

Hilarious.  We’re 9th in the form table over the last six matches.  Below us are Brentford, Villa, Sheffield Utd and Derby.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Hilarious.  We’re 9th in the form table over the last six matches.  Below us are Brentford, Villa, Sheffield Utd and Derby.

The op is not a City fan. Could be an interloper from the DarkSide.

Take no notice boys and girls.

Look at the pressure all the teams in the playoff zone are feeling. The only team between 4th and 10th that won on Monday was Derby and they were playing Preston who are also in the group. Derby lost 1-4 at home to Sunderland the previous game, much worse than our performance against Brentford yet they bounced back with a win next game, that's what we've got to do. If we can win the next couple of games we're still in with a chance. Whatever happens it's been a great season for the club, the first time we haven't struggled in the Championship since our return.

On 02/04/2018 at 16:59, longyears said:

Div One here we come !

One example that really irked me yesterday- though I wouldn't use the term thick, was when we ended up with the real lopsided side that we had:

Fielding

Pisano Flint Kelly

Paterson Smith Brownhill Walsh Bryan

Reid Djuric

So, you have- vs a dangerous and technically proficient Brentford ONE centre back by the time the subs had finished, 2 left backs arguably in terms of Bryan and Kelly...unless the rather ludicrous layout by me was actually considering Pisano Flint and Kelly as a viable back 3, vs a side like this- 2 full backs and one centre back, really?? That setup, such as it was by the time of the 3rd and last sub, was a mess.

I disagree with much of the rest of your post, but the lack of a viable Plan B and let alone a Plan C, then worse still a lack of in-game adaptability does worry me.

53 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I go to the games and I can see how bad it is and yesterday WAS absolutely awful. But saying we're destined for imminent relegation to league 1 is  an over-reaction.

We are mathematically safe, and are playing like it seven games too early. The lineup - for a variety of reasons - is a pick-and-mix where key parts just don't gel. Kent and Walsh aren't starters in the slightest, there was little meaningful service towards Fam & Bobby who both had an off-day, it was Wright's worst game yet but cheering him off was disgraceful. 

Being played off the park by a team with that little end-product and an awful ref hurt us just as much.

25 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

He'll wager that we're getting relegated next season...

Well you've already lost THIS season's bet or did you think we were going to be up there? Might be better to stop betting against your own team, mate and start trying to support BCFC.

I think we will get relegated next season.....

....back down from the Prem to the Champ :P

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

We'll be roughly mid-table next season, and spending even more on wages. 

Depends on whether we can streamline the squad.  The existing players with renewed contracts mean we need to balance elsewhere.  I said in another thread that I’d work with a more compact first team squad and have the likes of O’Leary, Kelly, Vyner, Moore, Hinds, Morrell, McCoulsky, etc, desperate for their chance to come in when needed.  Kelly might be considered 1st team anyway, but hopefully you get my drift.  That would ease the wage budget if some of the likes of Hegeler, O’Neil (OOC anyway), Taylor, Engvall are moved on.  You can imagine that O’Neil alone would cover the 7 young’uns mentioned and some!

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Look at the pressure all the teams in the playoff zone are feeling. The only team between 4th and 10th that won on Monday was Derby and they were playing Preston who are also in the group. Derby lost 1-4 at home to Sunderland the previous game, much worse than our performance against Brentford yet they bounced back with a win next game, that's what we've got to do. If we can win the next couple of games we're still in with a chance. Whatever happens it's been a great season for the club, the first time we haven't struggled in the Championship since our return.

Well, a great half a season. 

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One example that really irked me yesterday- though I wouldn't use the term thick, was when we ended up with the real lopsided side that we had:

Fielding

Pisano Flint Kelly

Paterson Smith Brownhill Walsh Bryan

Reid Djuric

So, you have- vs a dangerous and technically proficient Brentford ONE centre back by the time the subs had finished, 2 left backs arguably in terms of Bryan and Kelly...unless the rather ludicrous layout by me was actually considering Pisano Flint and Kelly as a viable back 3, vs a side like this- 2 full backs and one centre back, really?? That setup, such as it was by the time of the 3rd and last sub, was a mess.

I disagree with much of the rest of your post, but the lack of a viable Plan B and let alone a Plan C, then worse still a lack of in-game adaptability does worry me.

I’m with you on this. Absolutely no idea what the team was supposed to resemble after the subs. 

Flint the one true centre back who took it upon himself to bomb forward a couple of times. Kelly, our best left back on recent showings put into an unorthodox lcb role. Pisano still seemed to be playing full back but I think he was supposed to be in a back 3. Bryan clearly thought it was a back 3 though as he did absolutely no defending after the subs (and little before them actually). Paterson I was thinking was supposed to play wide left but he seemed to be central mid. Smith had to cover centre back a couple of times for Flint after his ridiculous runs upfield. Walsh looked lost and had no idea what the formation was. 

It was one total shambles. No wonder we conceded a goal during this phase. As much as Wright played poorly (albeit out of position, played left side to accommodate Flint who would struggle even more at left cb) at least Wright kept it ‘relatively’ organised. Without him there was no organisation. Flint, as much as he’s a solid cb, he can’t organise the proverbial brewery session. Would like to see the reaction of fans if Flint was made to play LCB - he’d struggle like hell!! 

But that set-up after the subs was absolutely horrendous. 

Archived