IGNORED

If I hear one more time

cidercity1987

I've tried to stay upbeat and characterise our performances in the last two months as very inconsistent, but today not only was the worst I've seen us play all season. It's the worst I've seen us play in years.

At least during the record-breaking slump last season we were still going for it most games, albeit falling short.

When was the first shot of any sort put in today?! After an hour for sure. One cross all game! FFS. Makes you nostalgic for SOD!!

What upsets me more than Johnson's dog's breakfast of a starting line-up and lack of coherent guidance in face of glaringly obvious deficiencies; more than very poor performances from players we know can do better (esp. Joe).  What REALLY upsets me is they played like 11 guys who'd never met each other before ever. Individual touches of skill, but linking up and playing like a team is waaay beyond us.

Zero coherence.

Unless he manages to pull a rabbit out of a bag, Millwall will beat us by a cricket score and we could quite conceivably lose every game for the rest of the season.

And that sort of ending undoes all the good things that have happened here earlier this season and sets us up for 18/19 with a load of players leaving and a general sense of foreboding..  

4 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

We have won just 5 in the last 21 games

Well if you go back that far then we were near the relegation zone in the form table at the end of January but we have actually improved since then although admittedly nowhere near as good as in the first part of the season.

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Well if you go back that far then we were near the relegation zone in the form table at the end of January but we have actually improved since then although admittedly nowhere near as good as in the first part of the season.

No good looking at the last few games all of the time. We were 2nd at Christmas and then beat Man United. Following that game we have won just 5 of the last 21 matches in all competitions. We are playing the second half of the season like relegation fodder. That is a serious concern and sits squarely at the door of the manager. Explain the yearly capitulations Lee? What are you learning from it? And when do we expect to see plan B now that the high press game has been nullified by every team we play? We’ve been worked out. What does the textbook say?

At this point, I’m not even thinking about whether or not we get promoted. I just want us to string together a run of performances fans and  players can feel good about.

What worries me is something feels wrong on a deeper level. Something seems to have disrupted the togetherness and morale of the club. And whatever it was needs sorting.

At the moment, I have absolutely no desire to see a managerial change and I think it is simplistic to assume any dip is automatically a manager’s fault or that, even if it is, managerial change is the answer.

But, whether or not it is the manager’s fault, it is the manager’s responsibility to fix things. He needs to show between now and May that he can do that. If we finish this season as we have it the past few months, morale in the summer will be dreadful and the hangover could carry into next season.

14 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

No good looking at the last few games all of the time. We were 2nd at Christmas and then beat Man United. Following that game we have won just 5 of the last 21 matches in all competitions. We are playing the second half of the season like relegation fodder. That is a serious concern and sits squarely at the door of the manager. Explain the yearly capitulations Lee? What are you learning from it? And when do we expect to see plan B now that the high press game has been nullified by every team we play? We’ve been worked out. What does the textbook say?

But we are progressing can't you see that...............:laugh:!

Archived