IGNORED

If I hear one more time

cidercity1987

Oh we´d have taken our current position at the start of the season....

Piss off.

We were second on Boxing Day, staring at 50 points from 25 games in the next match. I definitely do not ´take´ what happened next.

Since then, its probably been worse than last season. Dont let a 4-0 against Wednesday 3rds cloud the issue. Todays performance, no words.

We have a team that was good enough for 2nd, beating Man Utd, competing with Man City and Johnson poncing around every possible TV show (including on BBC the night before an important match for us). Is that akin to players going to a nightclub before a match?

Disgraceful 3 months. We will finish below 2 newly promoted teams and 2 further very small teams with little resources like Preston and Brentford. Which in my eyes makes this season a rank failure in perspective of where we were in December.

Im not a conspiracy theorist but WTF??

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Piss off.

We were second on Boxing Day, staring at 50 points from 25 games in the next match. I definitely do not ´take´ what happened next.

Since then, its probably been worse than last season. Dont let a 4-0 against Wednesday 3rds cloud the issue. Todays performance, no words.

We have a team that was good enough for 2nd, beating Man Utd, competing with Man City and Johnson poncing around every possible TV show (including on BBC the night before an important match for us). Is that akin to players going to a nightclub before a match?

Disgraceful 3 months. We will finish below 2 newly promoted teams and 2 further very small teams with little resources like Preston and Brentford. Which in my eyes makes this season a rank failure in perspective of where we were in December.

Too true.

11 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Piss off.

Inexplicable and unacceptable “collapse” for the second season running. No plan b, nothing learned. Fresh blood needed, a manager that sorts his players out and doesn’t just sit in the corner with his head in his hands getting the piss taken out of him.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

This season probably sums up why as a medium sized club in this league, and a potentially big club if we did anything like ever, we achieve **** all.

It is NOT good enough.

Johnson, why does your team go in streaks?

I thinks because he's not actually that good

I do think we can no longer blame  the cup run or injuries. Only COD and Taylor out now (and Taylor is shite). 

LJ really has lost it and it is very worrying. Last 6 games of this season he has to restore some pride with performances. I can accept is losing but we never even had a shot on goal at home. Even home to Barcelona I'd be disappointed if we didn't.

2 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

As much as we might have taken this position at the start of the season, targets change as results pass and since January those targets have not been met.

Spot on. A target of simply midtable results from January onwards would have had us comfortably inside the play offs.

Just now, Robin TBW said:

As much as we might have taken this position at the start of the season, targets change as results pass and since January those targets have not been met.

Indeed and the January transfer window was for me the defining moment of our perceived ambition and we were found wanting in that particular department, we should have been signing quality on the back of our high league position, great cup run and higher public image and we signed incredibly poorly, I am not impressed with any of them.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In LJs Own words

Out Thought

Out Fought And

Out enthused

The last two should be an almighty alarm bells ringing Lee for a side allegedly hoping to make play offs

It also raises the question of how much influence and control you have

That was the most worrying bit if his interview.

Where has the "bright youn manager’ gone who understands tactics and fine margins (or was it fine wines for Pep)?  There was a brightest start for us in the opening 10 minutes when we pressed and caused them to give it away. For 88 more minutes we chased it aimlessly.  But in doing that, where did Johnson change it....he didn’t.  Let alone having our own Plan B there was no evidence of changing things to stifle Brentford.

I never criticise a starting eleven pre-game.  I will always give it the benefit of doubt, but I will definitely have my thoughts.

Today’s were;

• Baker must be carrying a knock for a Wright to start....then I see he’s on the bench.  Wright is nowhere near at his best on the left side of Flint.  Remember El-Abd - who played 200 games for BHA at either RB or RCB, being played LCB....destroyed his career!
  • Pack must be carrying a knock, or tired for a Walsh to start....he’s on the bench also.  Actually I have no issues with Walsh starting.
  • Kent starting, he’s done little to earn a start.

I posted yesterday that when under pressure LJ starts making illogical decisions.  Today felt like one.  I couldn’t hear the Deano pre-match team news.  We’re any reasons given why Pack was "rotated", but Baker "dropped".

Baker must be spitting feathers.  I can’t see him accepting that decision.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That was the most worrying bit if his interview.

Where has the "bright youn manager’ gone who understands tactics and fine margins (or was it fine wines for Pep)?  There was a brightest start for us in the opening 10 minutes when we pressed and caused them to give it away. For 88 more minutes we chased it aimlessly.  But in doing that, where did Johnson change it....he didn’t.  Let alone having our own Plan B there was no evidence of changing things to stifle Brentford.

I never criticise a starting eleven pre-game.  I will always give it the benefit of doubt, but I will definitely have my thoughts.

Today’s were;

• Baker must be carrying a knock for a Wright to start....then I see he’s on the bench.  Wright is nowhere near at his best on the left side of Flint.  Remember El-Abd - who played 200 games for BHA at either RB or RCB, being played LCB....destroyed his career!
  • Pack must be carrying a knock, or tired for a Walsh to start....he’s on the bench also.  Actually I have no issues with Walsh starting.
  • Kent starting, he’s done little to earn a start.

I posted yesterday that when under pressure LJ starts making illogical decisions.  Today felt like one.  I couldn’t hear the Deano pre-match team news.  We’re any reasons given why Pack was "rotated", but Baker "dropped".

Baker must be spitting feathers.  I can’t see him accepting that decision.

Something not right atm Dave

For a manager to have to admit that they had more fight and enthusiasm than us when we are trying to get in the play offs is a major concern IMHO

that performance today was truly embarrassing in attitude and ability

Ythe players put more effort in arguing and gesturing at each other than they did in relation to the actual game

A real absence of

1 Leader

2 Any team spirit

Very concerning

(Holden said pre match that the Pack / Alsh change was ‘tactical’  :blink:)

Thought Walsh might be a reasonable signing but not impressed to date at all  - at best a neat and tidy but can’t ever see him influencing games

there is no place for happy clappers on that performance.

in the post match he said brentford are like man city,:laugh:.

27 shots to 2, never got in there half, I'm not a big lover of ironic cheers when players are subbed but ryan kent should now be banished to the u23 until he goes back, walsh is never going to fit in a 442,  they were clueless all over the park, when your high point in a game is the few decent touches by fammara and brownhill winning a few 50 50s you know its real bad.

Korey and wright, should be dropped to the bench, joe moved into left midfield and Kelly in at left back, pack and browney in centre mid for me, baker in for wright,  I would give elliason a go , were not going down, and anything was better than that utter shite today.

frankie

pesano, baker, flint, Kelly.

elliason, browney, pack, bryan

reid, fammy

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I posted yesterday that when under pressure LJ starts making illogical decisions.  Today felt like one. 

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A real absence of,1 Leader ,2 Any team spirit 

Totally agree with both of you, although I do hold out hope for Walsh , just think COD and Brownhill 12/18 months ago. Questions were being asked why we'd wasted money on them, a year  on and their quality was obvious , I think Walsh could be similar.
The starting line up was odd, it seemed LJ was bending over backward to accommodate Wright (at least he didn't drop Pisano for him which I had worried he would) , this season Baker has been our best defender, Flint and Baker our best partnership. Probably our best midfielder this season has been Pack, our best partnership Pack/Smith , to bring in a young lad against a good passing side like Brentford bordered on suicide. 
Another thing that annoyed me today, what was the point of swapping FD for Djuric? Now I like the big fella, but mobile he ain't . There was no service to the front players so why bother changing them, the problem was much further back, no creativity , no possession and no service. I was happy when we went to a 3 , and I guess he though Kelly might be more mobile than Bakes and may affect the game going forward but surely bolstering a midfield that was being ran ragged was more important.

Had a conversation in the Coopers with a mate who said something that got me thinking. He wondered if something had gone on in the dressing room after the Wolves game, maybe upset the balance of the team. Not beyond the realms of possibility , and I remember a similar thing happened with old other Johnson, definitely something wrong somewhere as you say Bob. 

We need some perspective here. You couldn’t expect us to do well in our first season when we were just promoted. This is only our second season in the Championship. We can’t compete with other clubs like Millwall and Brentford who are far bigger clubs than us with bigger budgets. You would expect the promoted teams like Sheffield United and Millwall to be doing well because they are not us. Everyone would have been happy to finish 10th at the beginning of the season as that is progress. It doesn’t matter if by finishing 10th we finish below 2 teams who were in League One last season because we are not ready for promotion to the Premier League after just 2 seasons and Sheffield United and Millwall have played a single season in the Championship so they are in a far better position than us. It’s obvious isn’t it? We have got a plan and it’s working. 

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Totally agree with both of you, although I do hold out hope for Walsh , just think COD and Brownhill 12/18 months ago. Questions were being asked why we'd wasted money on them, a year  on and their quality was obvious , I think Walsh could be similar.
The starting line up was odd, it seemed LJ was bending over backward to accommodate Wright (at least he didn't drop Pisano for him which I had worried he would) , this season Baker has been our best defender, Flint and Baker our best partnership. Probably our best midfielder this season has been Pack, our best partnership Pack/Smith , to bring in a young lad against a good passing side like Brentford bordered on suicide. 
Another thing that annoyed me today, what was the point of swapping FD for Djuric? Now I like the big fella, but mobile he ain't . There was no service to the front players so why bother changing them, the problem was much further back, no creativity , no possession and no service. I was happy when we went to a 3 , and I guess he though Kelly might be more mobile than Bakes and may affect the game going forward but surely bolstering a midfield that was being ran ragged was more important.

Had a conversation in the Coopers with a mate who said something that got me thinking. He wondered if something had gone on in the dressing room after the Wolves game, maybe upset the balance of the team. Not beyond the realms of possibility , and I remember a similar thing happened with old other Johnson, definitely something wrong somewhere as you say Bob. 

Early days for Walsh Dave but if I had to make a judgement / prediction - he can be neat and tidy at times but I don’t see him influencing games - he’s extremely small and as a result not great physically and not greatly mobile either

Reminds me of the Head Coach when he was playing although I thought Lee was better at that continuity role

Can you ever see him (As it stands)  demanding a spot and playing central midfield in a two at this level .

Early days but can’t see it atm

Glad you made the second point about the substitution - Famara wasn’t good at all (Marginally better than Ipswich IMO though) but to replace with Duric baffled me too - we weren’t getting up the pitch to get a cross in so the thought process  is beyond me

Milan is less mobile than Famara and we merely pumped aimless balls in his direction and expected him to run around a bit - reminded me of Sheff Weds with Nuhiu 

The subsitutions reflected the rest of the shambles - no real plan or though5 out and totally ineffective 

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

We need some perspective here. You couldn’t expect us to do well in our first season when we were just promoted. This is only our second season in the Championship. We can’t compete with other clubs like Millwall and Brentford who are far bigger clubs than us with bigger budgets. You would expect the promoted teams like Sheffield United and Millwall doing well because they are not us. Everyone would have been happy to finish 10th at the beginning of the season as that is progress. It doesn’t matter if by finishing 10th we finish below 2 teams who were in League One last season because we are not ready for promotion to the Premier League after just 2 seasons and Sheffield United and Millwall have played a season less than us so it’s obvious isn’t it? We have got a plan and it’s working. 

I’m kinda with you.

We made excuses for 15/16 and 16/17 seasons, yet we’ve seen Preston, Barnsley (last season), Millwall and Sheffield Utd show what you can achieve quickly.  Barnsley, have in effect, effed it up. You can’t keep selling your best players.

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Piss off.

Exactly. And saying we've made progress is just an apology for our form this year.

17 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Come on then @Robbored 'I don't give out rubbish icons, I explain my opinion....'

I binned your post simply because of its negativity. Largely posted I guess as a knee jerk reaction to what was a shocking display this afternoon.

Good though Brentford were Its no excuse for what was a piss poor performance.

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

This season probably sums up why as a medium sized club in this league, and a potentially big club if we did anything like ever, we achieve **** all.

It is NOT good enough.

Johnson, why does your team go in streaks?

Nearly all teams go in streaks, it's not just us look at Derby and Villa, and Fulham earlier in the season. Even Cardiff and Wolves have had dodgy patches.

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

Nearly all teams go in streaks, it's not just us look at Derby and Villa, and Fulham earlier in the season. Even Cardiff and Wolves have had dodgy patches.

Streaks HaHa... Cardiff lost 4 in a row then Em went on a huge run..

we have been in relegation form since Dec, how is that a streak?

Archived