IGNORED

Worst Ever Home Displays?

Alex_BCFC

There have been more depressing games when we have got thrashed at home during a relegation battle, but had Brentford been less wasteful it could have been a heavy defeat. Today's game will hopefully recede from the memory because the scoreline was only 1-0, but it was a woeful performance from City.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Fulham at home last season.

Today was worse. Those other games we didn't have a chance of getting in to the top 6 with 6 games to go. It should have been at least 4 or 5. At least. Not a shot on target. Not a move to put together to fashion a chance. Shambles 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

1-6 v Wolves in 98/99 springs to mind. I think we took the lead.

Sticks in my mind too this one, but like a ******* muppet I went to the next game away at Bradford where we lost 5 nil :laugh: - 11 GOALS in 2 games FFS.

Yes. Hands down.....the worst performance by the WHOLE team I've ever seen. 

I expect players to have bad days....but that many in one game......no.

We lacked respect for Brentford (like so many other teams since we play the Manchester Clubs)....and again we've been punished.

I wouldn't pay anyone for the performance that they gave today.....Mr Lansdown....take their wages and return some of it to the fans....#disappointing 

@Sergio Georgini I'd agree, Rotherham last year was pretty appalling. Burton...they sort of proved themselves bottom 3rd material, with reasonable results v higher ranked displays than us so I don't see them quite the same IMO.

@MelksRed I fully agree. There has been a definite air of overexpectation, turn up and get a result v certain sides since the games v the 2 Manchesters IMO. Especially the Man City games. Norwich at home- and this goes for fans as well as team- seemed terribly flat. Sunderland at home- we were 3 up but it felt too complacent from all I thought, almost too easy and I saw danger there, at halftime no less. How many of us thought Brentford today a highly likely win? Anyone seen our record vs them in recent years, plus the way they play, they would always be likely- even if we were on song- to pose us some major tactical and technical problems. Barnsley away- hell, Burton drew with Middlesbrough today and it took a LAST minute equaliser for Boro to get a draw up at Burton. It doesn't work like that- not for us. We have ability, but we have to fight- we really do.

For this reason, odd though it may sound, the backs to the wall with 10 men 2-0 v QPR was one of my more memorable results in recent times. We had to fight- we had to dig in, and we managed the game brilliantly. Plus the crowd- really got into the game, because we know as a crowd the importance of getting right behind the side- 10 men, 0-0, an hour to go nearly vs a Championship side. We had no choice- we had to do it right and we really did. Management, players, fans- as one.

I've followed city since 89/90... Today was the worse I've ever seen us play as a team from the 1st minute to the 96th minute.

Not one player played better than 5/10.

Also fans were awful from minute 1-96.

Truly shocking day at the office.

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

good job most of you weren't around 80/82...........Samaritans wouldn't have coped

Must have been some in 80/81 season (when we finished with more points than goals) or early in 82/83 when Cooper was trying to build a team for 38p.

15 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Can’t remember the season or the final score, and I think we were playing Reading, however when the east end were singing ‘let’s pretend we scored a goal’...

That was pretty embarrassing!

I think the final score was 4-1 and when we scored the east end sang 4 nil and effed it up you had to laugh.

On 02/04/2018 at 19:44, Sweeneys Penalties said:

City 1 Fulham 5 in 88 took some swallowing

This is always the stick in the ground I compare poor home performances to!

I bored my 12 years old on the way home about this game yesterday

30 years ago, yet I still remember it like yesterday

Ugh

Early 80's there was one match so awful the only thing I recall is the ref (Uncle Les Shapter) feigned injury and subbed himself off at half-time to avoid the second half. Couldn't recall the opposition and neither side would have scored in month of Sundays.

1 hour ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the Brighton play off final- we could have played til now and not scored :grr:

That was the most painful match ever. Again an unbelievable team selection with Lita not even on the bench.

However as a team we were worse against Brentford. We could hardly pass to one of our own players let alone fashion an attempt on goal. The stats are frankly unbelievable. If it had been Man City we were playing at home I could perhaps understand them, but Brentford? Capitulation is the best description for it!

Archived