IGNORED

Half time announcement

Redmycolour

Im just gonna get this out there now.... as gutted I was to lose my job - it is what it is - I hold no grudges and have moved on.

I want Ian (Downsy) to succeed and Im sure whatever he said, if he said it, was a simple mistake.

Trust me - in my time doing announcements - I made my fair share! 

And in the grand scheme of things - if you are complaining about a 5 second announcement after watching what happened on the pitch - then you really need to question where your moaning priorities lie! 

This is the kind of thing we usually see after a 5-0 win - nothing else to complain about so lets turn on the announcer! 
Trust me - I know Ian reads this and will take it on board. To be fair - any other "constructive criticisms" he has listened too.

:thumbsup:

Hey Chaps. Thanks for the feed back as ever. A special thank you to Tim who took me under his wing and showed me the ropes. He has been a great support and continues to be so, for which I am hugely grateful. He found the original OFTBC walk on music for us a few weeks ago too as I know the newer version we were playing wasn’t to everyones taste, so thanks Tim, you’re a legend. 

As for when the players came back on yesterday I said “Please welcome back our boys in red and white” but perhaps the ‘boys’ sounded like blue? I can talk pretty fast sometimes (As Tim knows too well!) and I know from reading these threads that the PA is better in some areas than others, but that matter is also in hand. 

Either way thanks as ever for the feedback which I try to listen to and if you ever want to get in touch directly it’s downsy@bcfc.co.uk 

2 hours ago, DownsyBCFC said:

Hey Chaps. Thanks for the feed back as ever. A special thank you to Tim who took me under his wing and showed me the ropes. He has been a great support and continues to be so, for which I am hugely grateful. He found the original OFTBC walk on music for us a few weeks ago too as I know the newer version we were playing wasn’t to everyones taste, so thanks Tim, you’re a legend. 

As for when the players came back on yesterday I said “Please welcome back our boys in red and white” but perhaps the ‘boys’ sounded like blue? I can talk pretty fast sometimes (As Tim knows too well!) and I know from reading these threads that the PA is better in some areas than others, but that matter is also in hand. 

Either way thanks as ever for the feedback which I try to listen to and if you ever want to get in touch directly it’s downsy@bcfc.co.uk 

Well downsy, quite a few of us heard it, just admit you said it, but that's bad,just as bad what happened at Bath city when we played Rovers,and what was said about Junior Bent,he was sacked,

19 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Well downsy, quite a few of us heard it, just admit you said it, but that's bad,just as bad what happened at Bath city when we played Rovers,and what was said about Junior Bent,he was sacked,

Does it really matter?

20 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

So you want to campaign for the guy to lose his job? I know the mood is low on OTIB atm, but didn't realise some had got that low. 

1 hour ago, Juan Kerr said:

We need the teams to be read out by a John Snagge/ Mr Cholmondely-Warner. Bin these fatuous dj type clowns and the bloody music and vacuous squealing. Arseholes.

Agreed. The best in the country is the laid back, laconic chap at Anfield. IMO he is the master. 

PS I gave listening to the Paul as it's mostly inaudible to me. 

5 hours ago, DownsyBCFC said:

Why would you say "the boys in boys and white" then? None of us heard "the blue in red and white" and misunderstood the word boys.

If I'm wrong then sorry in advance but seems strange that a bunch all heard the same thing.

Archived