IGNORED

Accrington - burgers...

BS4 on Tour...

The EFL have asked Accrington’s owner for a full explanation as to why he buys his players a burger when they win...apparently the ‘burger scheme’ is breaching regulations as it is not mentioned in the players’ contracts and therefore it contravenes the rules whereby all ‘payments and benefits’ made to players must be disclosed....what is the world coming to?! 

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The EFL have asked Accrington’s owner for a full explanation as to why he buys his players a burger when they win...apparently the ‘burger scheme’ is breaching regulations as it is not mentioned in the players’ contracts and therefore it contravenes the rules whereby all ‘payments and benefits’ made to players must be disclosed....what is the world coming to?! 

Trust the EFL to make a meal of it.

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bonus scheme has to be agreed at start of season....it’s to avoid those stupid one off payments from the chairman, e.g. need to win last game, therefore here’s a £1m to share if you do it.  I think it’s pro-rated based on appearances too.  And yes I expect Mr Revenue would like to know too.

I might have to declare my curry Source bonus on our chips when we won an away game for Brislington!

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is this true? Sounds like a Whopper to me.

9 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Accrington just need to tell the EFL to burger off. How they reward their players is entirely up to them.

This merely reinforces the recent report that said the EFL wasn't fit for purpose.

Not EFL but wonder whether all those cars the Leicester owner bought the players for winning the premier league was in their contract....

34 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I would like to know what Lee buys his team when they win.  he can't have spent much since Christmas. 

in fact our lot look as if they have been eating burgers before the game.

Or maybe they are avoiding Lee's treat!

Archived