IGNORED

Dont blame the fans

Marlborough Red

1 minute ago, RedRobin13 said:

I have, still no nearer to understanding your point?

This whole thread was supposed to be about us not blaming the fans for poor performances. Which is what you just did.

3 minutes ago, RedRobin13 said:

Yeah a point I disagree with. 

Or is this fact and not up for discussion?

No, I just think it's naive, and perhaps downright moronic to single out the people watching for the poor performance, not the players or the manager. Do you think if we all went in chirpy and ready to give everyone a pat on the back we'd be Premiership bound by now?

Just to get it clear, you think the fans can be held responsible for that crock of shite?

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

No, I just think it's naive, and perhaps downright moronic to single out the people watching for the poor performance, not the players or the manager. Do you think if we all went in chirpy and ready to give everyone a pat on the back we'd be Premiership bound by now?

Just to get it clear, you think the fans can be held responsible for that crock of shite?

I think that there is more than one contributing factor to the teams poor performance.

By all accounts the players and coaching staff should take the brunt of the blame but in my opinion it is naive and ‘downright moronic’ to think the fans can and should be excluded! 

Although to be fair, it is a lot easier to blame everyone else rather than taking responsibility as a fanbase.

After yesterday’s performance (to add to other recent woeful performances such as Barnsley and Burton) I saw something that I haven’t seen before under LJ’s reign......Meltdowns from  some of the happiest of happy clappers out there. 

I mean, these are happy clappers who cannot take a single bit of criticism against the club for whatever reason without exploding with utter rage and contempt and sarcasm aimed directly at the person who dared to criticise.

One person who I know has been CTID all my life criticised yesterday’s performance, and I have never EVER heard that person criticise City at all EVER and they are over 70 years of age and have seen it all.

So for them to meltdown in my eyes is just incomprehensible, I am still struggling to believe their update on Facebook. 

This person no longer believes that some of us just want to moan for the sake of moaning and actually enjoy it when we lose, they now realise that we are as passionate as them and that maybe, just maybe underneath all of the glitter is a bit of a festering turd. 

They want to believe, they want to feel that they aren’t being sold a crock of shit, because after all they are super fans in the trenches until the bitter end and that the club respects and needs them.

They have also recently received the letter asking them to  pay more next season for their seat or **** off to another part of the ground.

10th place here we come.

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

All we need to do is play the same team and same formation that played against Manchester United. simples.

He had virtually no choice picking that side.  It picked itself.  Compare to now when we have a stronger squad and the manager is overthinking everything hence the dropping of Pack yesterday for 'tactical reasons'.

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

The Premier League would be all about the cash and parachute payments. Staying up wouldn't be a necessity first time around. 

Very true, CR

Two ways, the West Brom yo-yo or the Brighton tweak, get better and repeat until you hit the sweet spot. I guess , from a financial pov West Brom is the way to go. I'd much prefer the Brighton way. Watching them evolve, without spending huge amounts of money was great, ground, team, squad, manager all fell into place. I can see the similarities between the two. Ask me again in 2 or 3 years of it's worked here though!

16 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Very true, CR

Two ways, the West Brom yo-yo or the Brighton tweak, get better and repeat until you hit the sweet spot. I guess , from a financial pov West Brom is the way to go. I'd much prefer the Brighton way. Watching them evolve, without spending huge amounts of money was great, ground, team, squad, manager all fell into place. I can see the similarities between the two. Ask me again in 2 or 3 years of it's worked here though!

I fear your views on Brighton, at least financially, maybe a tad incorrect.

74 million pound losses from 2014/15 through to 2016/17.. doesn't constitute 'Watching them evolve, without watching them spending huge amounts of money.'

Their losses something like 10m, 25m and 39m in order...

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I fear your views on Brighton, at least financially, maybe a tad incorrect.

74 million pound losses from 2014/15 through to 2016/17.. doesn't constitute 'Watching them evolve, without watching them spending huge amounts of money.'

Their losses something like 10m, 25m and 39m in order...

Really!? Is that not from building their ground? Maybe I've missed out on several £7m signings, but they seemed to grow very organically (hate that word, but couldn't think of another one!)

I've not heard any of the players say they need "love" or this or that, or anything. I heard Johnson say this. And bearing in mind last week LJ referred to Barnsley's "young" group being why they played with energy and like there was something to play for and we didn't, and then he said Barnsley was "a difficult place to come" when Barnsley are 22nd in the home table, with 3 home wins, I think we would do well to see what is happening here:

A young still coach at a loss as to why things are so different to the first half of the season, struggling to find explanations.

Mind, it'd be better if we treat Bailey and every player the way we treat Hörður. It really would. 

49 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Really!? Is that not from building their ground? Maybe I've missed out on several £7m signings, but they seemed to grow very organically (hate that word, but couldn't think of another one!)

Maybe a lot of that was from it- it's hard to say, those are just the headline figures. I guess I would have to delve into it and see what the losses were incurred for, whether they were 'allowable' losses or not. (Allowable with FFP includes building infrastructure, youth academy, women's team, Community etc). Total losses would probably decrease but still quite high I reckon. For what it's worth, when I saw the figures for the first time it surprised me too!

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Tbf Woodsy their owner Tony Bloom has put in over £200 million into them , mainly on ground ,(£93m) , training ground etc as well as covering losses

Tbf SL will be heading that way if the training ground can be pushed through 

Similar investments Tony Bloom has just done it more efficiently and hasn’t made the same errors

I think it’s Brighton that we seem to be basing our structure / plans on more than any other

I should also add that if they didn't go up last year, I think they would have been in FFP trouble. Because it's hard to tell, without getting into the minutiae of the detail, whether they were 'acceptable' losses- or purely on fees, wages etc aka the playing side.

They will also be in trouble if they come down- potentially. Their losses permitted if they go up apparently would be £13m Championship promotion, £35m Premier League and £13m Championship promotion.  £38.9m in 16/17 leaves them with little wriggle room if they go down this season.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tbf Woodsy their owner Tony Bloom has put in over £200 million into them , mainly on ground ,(£93m) , training ground etc as well as covering losses

Tbf SL will be heading that way if the training ground can be pushed through 

Similar investments Tony Bloom has just done it more efficiently and hasn’t made the same errors

I think it’s Brighton that we seem to be basing our structure / plans on more than any other

I do seem to remember a bit of a City/Brighton love in ahead of the 0-4 demolition we were handed in their promotion season. Pretty sure some of our suits spent a lot of time with theirs ahead of the stadium re-build learning lessons and the thought process behind it

Could be completely wrong there!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I should also add that if they didn't go up last year, I think they would have been in FFP trouble. Because it's hard to tell, without getting into the minutiae of the detail, whether they were 'acceptable' losses- or purely on fees, wages etc aka the playing side.

They will also be in trouble if they come down- potentially. Their losses permitted if they go up apparently would be £13m Championship promotion, £35m Premier League and £13m Championship promotion.  £38.9m in 16/17 leaves them with little wriggle room if they go down this season.

You know far more about all this than I do, good knowledge! You can see how teams end up like Ipswich, for example, bobbing around mid table, expensive old business trying to reach the dream land. I can't imagine you'd lose too much money, even from just a one season stop in the Prem with, is it, £90m guaranteed? 

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I do seem to remember a bit of a City/Brighton love in ahead of the 0-4 demolition we were handed in their promotion season. Pretty sure some of our suits spent a lot of time with theirs ahead of the stadium re-build learning lessons and the thought process behind it

There certainly was a good relationship between the clubs. Brighton sent up Martin Perry to speak at the planning application hearing for Ashton Vale. He sent responses to the messages of thanks for his contribution from City fans on the night...

I have been receiving many messages from Bristol City fans this evening and it is going to be difficult to respond to all of them so I hope you will forgive me for sending out similar messages.  However I would like to say how much I appreciate the time and trouble that everyone has taken to write to me.  I thought that I would have a sleep in the car as I was being driven home but my phone kept on buzzing and I really enjoyed reading them all.

It was a pleasure to come down and try to help.  When we needed help at Brighton – both in the period just before Dick Knight and I took over the club, and then in support of our planning application for our new stadium fans, from clubs all over the country helped us including Bristol City fans.  It was the very least I could do therefore to return the favour and I was delighted to have been asked by the Club and I enjoyed it – although it I have to say it was with a sense of déjà vu – hearing all the old arguments about how terrible it is all going to be and how the figures don’t stack up.  We have already got that Tee shirt!!!

Although I have to say that even through all the planning committee meetings, public inquiries and high court hearings we went through, we didn’t have a church service and hymns being sung next door – that was a new experience for me!!!!!  You couldn’t make it up if you tried, no-one would believe that a committee that was considering the potential investment of millions of pounds into the City let alone the cost of all the consultants etc., would be held in such circumstances!!

However I am delighted at the outcome – I thought the speakers supporting the development were excellent – they all did a very good job for you and the decision was the right one and I am equally delighted that it takes you a step closer to your new stadium – I shall watch further developments with a great deal of interest and of course if there is anything else we can do to support you we will help.

I wish you all therefore the very best of luck for the rest of the season and we look forward hopefully to welcoming you in our new stadium next season.

One thing you will notice about our new stadium is that you will not have to look over a running track to see the pitch – you will now have to go to West Ham for that!!!

With very best wishes and kind regards to you all. 

10 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Could be completely wrong there!

You know far more about all this than I do, good knowledge! You can see how teams end up like Ipswich, for example, bobbing around mid table, expensive old business trying to reach the dream land. I can't imagine you'd lose too much money, even from just a one season stop in the Prem with, is it, £90m guaranteed? 

Tbh, maybe you're right- I did a quick google and FFP is forever prone to changing so it's worth keeping an eye on it. Maybe 1 PL season wouldn't cause too many issues, plus there would be players who would attract interest from elsewhere who they could sell- they should make a profit this season which could cancel out in a sense the losses incurred last year. It's hard to say if they would be in a mess or not if they came back down this season IMO.

17 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I hold my hand up . I was pretty awful . I blame the cup run and tiredness.

I thought the fans were brilliant for two thirds of the match until it dawned on them that the team weren't matching the quality of support they were giving .

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

There certainly was a good relationship between the clubs. Brighton sent up Martin Perry to speak at the planning application hearing for Ashton Vale. He sent responses to the messages of thanks for his contribution from City fans on the night...

Not going mad, good to know! Thank you

Archived