IGNORED

whats gone right

Jack Dawe

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

We are 7th in one of the most competitive leagues in the world having had one of the greatest results in the clubs history this season

Yeah, but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good ol' BW, RK, LJ, MA and SL bashing.

Yesterday's admittedly shocking performance must have felt like all their birthdays coming at once for some. And I mean only some. They know who they are and i'm still waiting for one of them with the balls to start a new LJ OUT thread. The last 12 months must've felt like hell.

Only Pisano of our first choice XI is over 30, plenty of them (Brownhill, Reid & Bryan for three) still have time to improve.

Think Diedhiou is the only striker to get double figures for us since we went back up who hasn’t been top scorer..

A great cup run and not a relegation scrap in site, plus so many quality players in the squad - many of which aren’t even at their best yet.

AND two City players at the World Cup this summer. Go on Bailey and Hodur. 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We have a lot of talented players.

We have a super renovated stadium .

No money worries 

An owner who isn't bonkers.

Sure you’re not muddled Major .

;)

We have a lot of bonkers  players

The talented owner has a super renovated stadium .

No money 

:whistle:

• Admin
2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

We are 7th in one of the most competitive leagues in the world having had one of the greatest results in the clubs history this season

“One of the greatest results in the clubs history”............ that is a pretty damning indictment of the clubs failure to achieve anything other than a brief spell in the top flight, followed by a calamitous fall.

I've really enjoyed this season - the best one for many a year. I've enjoyed the way LJ has set up and played football which at times was terrific to watch and I go to watch football to be entertained.

Ive posted before that in the 50+ years I've been going to AG the club is in the best health it's ever been and that's down to one man - Steve Lansdown.

Im optimistic that things will be even better next season.

33 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't like or dislike Him. I believe that he doesn't have what it takes the be a consistently successful coach at this level. 

Time will tell. I suppose it’s hard for me to understand your thought process as to why he won’t be a successful coach at this level as wherever we end up finishing this season, it will be an improvement.

Im not saying you may not be correct but I can’t see anything other than guessing on your part, apologies if you have in depth management knowledge I’m not aware of.

4 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

“One of the greatest results in the clubs history”............ that is a pretty damning indictment of the clubs failure to achieve anything other than a brief spell in the top flight, followed by a calamitous fall.

:facepalm:

32 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Unlike the ball to a bloke in a red shirt, sadly...

36 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't like or dislike Him. I believe that he doesn't have what it takes the be a consistently successful coach at this level. 

38 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yeah, but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good ol' BW, RK, LJ, MA and SL bashing.

Yesterday's admittedly shocking performance must have felt like all their birthdays coming at once for some. And I mean only some. They know who they are and i'm still waiting for one of them with the balls to start a new LJ OUT thread. The last 12 months must've felt like hell.

:facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Everyone else: :clapping:

I had a season ticket holder email from the club offering me a personalised 15% discount from Wickes all Easter weekend (not to be used in conjunction with Wickes own 15% discount.) To think, I could have watched paint dry....

We`re one point off the playoffs despite being pretty poor lately.

Mathematically the worst position we can finish in this season is the one we occupied at the end of the last one (17th)

We`ve had some great experiences this season watching us beat some very good teams.

The revelation that has been Bobby Reid.

We haven`t been in the bottom half of a very strong league all season.

We were mathematically safe from relegation with about nine games left.

And above all, we have at no stage this season had too look over our shoulders at a possible relegation fight.

12 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I chanced upon LJ in Cafe Nero in Clifton Village on the afternoon of the Man Utd game and congratulated him on our great form. He was remarkably relaxed and chatty, despite not knowing me from Adam.

Wtf was he doing poncing about in a coffee shop in the hours leading up to such a big time

Should have been at the ground getting a half decent game plan prepared

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wtf was he doing poncing about in a coffee shop in the hours leading up to such a big time

Should have been at the ground getting a half decent game plan prepared

Probably trying to buy a really, really expensive coffee for Jose. 

Are we really on that bad of a run? Yes Monday was truly awful but before that our form was P6 W2 D2 L2 with 4 of those games away from home and after Monday it still remains P6 W2 D2 L2Thats average form not poor form. 

Archived