IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Team of the Year (Merged)

westred1

Amazing. Genuinely chuffed for him, always been one of my favourite players and at one point I was gutted that he was seemingly going to have to leave the club in order to further his career and development. I watched countless u21 games 3 seasons ago and could never understand why he wasn't getting a first team chance. He certainly split opinion in our last 2 championship seasons but to see him replace Tomlin and be even better than him brings me a lot of joy. A perfect professional and should be given a serious contract ASAP as he is as key to this team than anyone else. Never imagined him as a striker mind you!

EFL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM OF THE YEAR

John Ruddy (Wolves)
Ryan Fredericks (Fulham)
Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
Conor Coady (Wolves)
John Terry (Aston Villa)
Tom Cairney (Fulham)
Ruben Neves (Wolves)
James Maddison (Norwich City)
Bobby Reid (Bristol City)
Albert Adomah (Aston Villa)
Matej Vydra (Derby County)

Manager: Neil Warnock (Cardiff City)

1 minute ago, westred1 said:

EFL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM OF THE YEAR

John Ruddy (Wolves)
Ryan Fredericks (Fulham)
Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
Conor Coady (Wolves)
John Terry (Aston Villa)
Tom Cairney (Fulham)
Ruben Neves (Wolves)
James Maddison (Norwich City)
Bobby Reid (Bristol City)
Albert Adomah (Aston Villa)
Matej Vydra (Derby County)

Manager: Neil Warnock (Cardiff City)

John Terry?

You’ll always be able to argue 1,2,3 players, but whoever picked that did a pretty decent job.  Didn’t get sucked into to picking all Wolves players for example.  

I might argue....Bamba over Terry, or Doherty or Pinto over Fredericks, but you can easily see why they have been picked.

Good to see Bobby get recognition.

3 minutes ago, Tiree said:

So when our players perform well it is down to them, when they don't, like Saturday, it is down to Lj? 

Well done Bobby, even more ammunition to the 'Lj is a genius' camp. 

Well done both

Don’t think that is true. Players form comes and goes at times. Players like Reid, Smith, Flint, Pack and Brownhill have been mostly steady. Others like Wright, Paterson and Bryan have been in kow form for a few weeks yet still play large portions of matches. Think that bit is down to LJ to change things until they pick back up a bit. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You’ll always be able to argue 1,2,3 players, but whoever picked that did a pretty decent job.  Didn’t get sucked into to picking all Wolves players for example.  

I might argue....Bamba over Terry, or Doherty or Pinto over Fredericks, but you can easily see why they have been picked.

Good to see Bobby get recognition.

True but think Terry is atrocious. Played maybe half their games. Bamba, Boly, Flint or O’Connell(Sheff U) should have been selected over him. Not to mention Chester who I think had played a fair few games for Villa at a good standard. 

Well done Bobby and in all fairness we’ll done LJ for spotting something most of us didn’t.  For all his talent I thought Bobby had had his chance at this level and would have to drop down a division for regular football.  Sometimes it’s nice to be proved wrong.

8 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

No place for Traore @ Boro or Villa's Hourihane?

Traore hasn’t been the explosive player he currently is all season.  But, boy, what a player he looks on-song.

Hourihane or Cairney?  Two sweet left feet.  Tough call.  Neves is fantastic and Maddison has done wonders at Norwich.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Traore hasn’t been the explosive player he currently is all season.  But, boy, what a player he looks on-song.

Hourihane or Cairney?  Two sweet left feet.  Tough call.  Neves is fantastic and Maddison has done wonders at Norwich.

Guessing his inconsistency hasn't helped his cause? And Hourihane has been out injured for a time?

Archived