IGNORED

Dressing Room Unrest

REDOXO

23 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Maybe, but if so, what could have caused it?

Someone with the wrong DNA?

I like to think of Mark Ashton stealing DNA samples from a secret island in Costa Rica (where apparently they are creating old dead footballers) smuggling the samples out in a fake shaving foam canister in order to grow his own players!  He’s already made a pack of George Bests but they keep attacking the bars

Lee Johnson is a SHAPE-SHIFTING ALIEN REPTILE.  After David Cameron's fall from grace, Lee is the most prominent of the remaining infiltrators.  The aliens' best remaining hope of world domination lies with Lee achieving promotion, being given the freedom of the city, and then issuing an invitation to all his fellow undercover shape-shifters to join him in Bristol.  Having given him freedom of the city, we will POWERLESS to stop the invasion.

Just thought I would say it as no one else has yet!

Not heard a thing myself.

13 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I like to think of Mark Ashton stealing DNA samples from a secret island in Costa Rica (where apparently they are creating old dead footballers) smuggling the samples out in a fake shaving foam canister in order to grow his own players!  He’s already made a pack of George Bests but they keep attacking the bars

Would make a good film that

Just now, red panda said:

Lee Johnson is a SHAPE-SHIFTING ALIEN REPTILE.  After David Cameron's fall from grace, Lee is the most prominent of the remaining infiltrators.  The aliens' best remaining hope of world domination lies with Lee achieving promotion, being given the freedom of the city, and then issuing an invitation to all his fellow undercover shape-shifters to join him in Bristol.  Having given him freedom of the city, we will POWERLESS to stop the invasion.

P.S.  Mark Ashton is leading the undercover human resistance.  And that's why we're not specifically targetting promotion this year :ph34r:

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Me neither. 

Then again, it would have to be very loud for me to hear it in Spalding.

Lee Johnson's job under threat - just thought I would mention it as no one esle has! :)

1 hour ago, red panda said:

Hello Mr Icke :P

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Problem is he would refuse to drive one of the gas powered jeeps until they have been emblazoned with hashtags and Bristol Sport logos

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

There are a couple of players not looking too happy.  Bobby Reid and Aden Flint looked seriously unimpressed with a couple of their team mates. 2 players whose attitude is beyond question if you ask me.  

Stoppit!!!

I think @REDOXO may be having a bit of fun. And why not?

It's all doom and gloom when a side close  to relegation last season is close to play offs this season.

I will boo.

39 minutes ago, The Bard said:

So, I should pretend I didn't see it?  

No- of course not! It's just that it's most likely that there's no dressing room unrest as such,  that Redoxo is having a bit of fun in the current climate and what you saw was spot on - some players being peed off with other players fluffing it on the day.

I'm glad they care. Last season the old chestnut was loss of dressing room which turned out to be shite despite being in the relegation zone and my wild guess is that still being in with a chance of the play-offs ... the players aren't falling apart. It's guys on here that are losing it.

I'm not sure there's unrest in the traditional sense but without doubt there has developed an effect in which it becomes counterproductive for some players to succeed. It happens to an extent lower down (did for us when we went Div 1 to Championship,) but is amplified one hundred fold in the jump to the Premier. Modern football demands a team built to win promotion from the Championship be largely disassembled with players being replaced with better quality, immediate imports.

I reckon the vast majority of our squad when begining to sense there might be a chance of ultimate glory took a look around and quickly realised it would never be for them. I reckon we've fewer than 6 players who'd do a squad job and possibly only one or two who be a regular top-flight starter. Now if I was settled and happy being well paid as a big fish in a small pond and thought success would mean upheaval and uncertainty, well I might not be so enamoured as to do myself out of a comfy life. I don't think players consciously decide to underperform but I'm sure many develop a 'close but no cigar' mentality and that does take an edge off their game. It's also why teams like Sunderland don't immediately bounce back when coming down as players on big bucks know with additional monies available and them not being good enough,  it's perhaps better to sit tight and milk the cash cow as long as possible.

Archived