IGNORED

Does Lee have a handle on the problem?

wendyredredrobin

What on earth has happened since Christmas? Does Lee have any idea of where the problem(s) lie?

Other teams have simply worked us out and we don't have another gameplan?

Is it a motivational problem? The same desire doesn't seem to be there. Is it that no one is playing for a contract or a big money transfer?

Is it a fitness issue? Are players carrying injuries? Certainly Eros is nowhere near 100% and Fam, Joe and Patto have had some strains.

Are we missing Callum? He was in great form going forward and his tracking back and defending may have been like having an extra man.

Is it that since Fam came back that we have lost the extra midfielder? Playing Bobby as a false number 9 had been working great until then.

He's had a fair few games to realise that something is amiss now and surely should have got to the bottom of it by now. Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

I really think he needs to go back to Bobby as a false no. 9 and have a striker and winger on the bench in case we need to chase the game later on.  Do this and we will get back into the top 6 and even have achance against the others in the playoffs (the villa and Fulham will be difficult).

32 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

What on earth has happened since Christmas? Does Lee have any idea of where the problem(s) lie?

Other teams have simply worked us out and we don't have another gameplan?

Is it a motivational problem? The same desire doesn't seem to be there. Is it that no one is playing for a contract or a big money transfer?

Is it a fitness issue? Are players carrying injuries? Certainly Eros is nowhere near 100% and Fam, Joe and Patto have had some strains.

Are we missing Callum? He was in great form going forward and his tracking back and defending may have been like having an extra man.

Is it that since Fam came back that we have lost the extra midfielder? Playing Bobby as a false number 9 had been working great until then.

He's had a fair few games to realise that something is amiss now and surely should have got to the bottom of it by now. Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

I really think he needs to go back to Bobby as a false no. 9 and have a striker and winger on the bench in case we need to chase the game later on.  Do this and we will get back into the top 6 and even have achance against the others in the playoffs (the villa and Fulham will be difficult).

Pick any or all of the above IMO. Trouble is LJ sees it different to the fans, and he makes the decisions. He really is in the comfort zone at BCFC. He wasn't sacked when we were at the bottom so he wont be sacked now, even if he costs us a top 6 place.  I am not suggesting he should be sacked however. Merely suggesting he feels free to experiment with the squad and formation with his job secure.

Don’t know what the problem is with City at the moment but it’s bad. Joe Bryan got skinned every time by Brentford’s winger on Monday, the bloke took him to the cleaners. That wouldn’t have happened a couple of months ago for sure. I fear for Saturday, we’re going to get savaged by the lions. 

14 minutes ago, marmite said:

Pick any or all of the above IMO. Trouble is LJ sees it different to the fans, and he makes the decisions. He really is in the comfort zone at BCFC. He wasn't sacked when we were at the bottom so he wont be sacked now, even if he costs us a top 6 place.  I am not suggesting he should be sacked however. Merely suggesting he feels free to experiment with the squad and formation with his job secure.

His job shouldn't be secure though should it,

At least last year he always had the option of giving up on tomlin and going with the high press which saw us get some results. Now we dont have that option either.

our problem in my opinion is the that in terms of front line first 11, we are a decent championship side, but when injuries mount up like this year, we dont have much in reserve, and when those players are fit again, they are expected to hit the ground running. We had a run of months where we basically had no option but to pick the same team, how bobby reid has survived it ive no idea, but he has been sensational. 

What should have happened in January was 2/3 coming in, ready to go in the championship. What we actually got was unfit for purpose, and has not spread the workload on the existing first 11, and im sure most of those players are now in to the 40s in terms of appearances this season. In short, the first team squad is knackered, and the january transfer window for a club in our position was pathetic.

As you say - at any other club LJ would have been shown the door last season !

In effect he is untouchable for some reason nobody except SL understands. That means he can continue to **** up as long as he likes and nothing will change. I honestly believe we could get relegated next season and he would remain in post to rebuild as he is one for the future as far as SL is concerned.

But SL is the owner so he can do what he likes - who gives a you no what for the idiot fans who will shell out the money whatever.

LJ will never get us to the promised land and that is a fact not an opinion - Colin will get Cardiff there but LJ never in a hundred years.

Does SL care - who knows ?????????????/

4 minutes ago, longyears said:

LJ will never get us to the promised land and that is a fact not an opinion - Colin will get Cardiff there but LJ never in a hundred years.

Do you know the difference between “Fact” & “opinion”..?!

That is most definitely an “opinion” and most certainly, 100% NOT “fact”

I was confident at the start of this season that we would not see a prolonged bad spell, like last season’s. Simply because we had more options to rectify anyone’s loss of form. 

Now, injuries have played a big part in this season’s drop in form, but the fact that performances as bad as at Barnsley and on Monday are happening at such a key stage, when other results have inexplicably kept us so close to the top 6, is a concern. 

I’m not sure what the answer is, because I didn’t recognise half the players in those 2 games, from what they were earlier in the season. 

I hope that on Saturday we go “back to basics” fitness permitting, and would like to see us line up...

Fielding

Pisano/Wright.  Flint. Baker/Wright. Bryan/Kelly.

Brownhill. Pack. Smith. COD/Bryan

Reid

Fammy  

High press, get into them, Shoot on sight and no stupid errors.

If we come away with a creditable point, I think most people will be satisfied with that.

26 minutes ago, longyears said:

As you say - at any other club LJ would have been shown the door last season !

In effect he is untouchable for some reason nobody except SL understands. That means he can continue to **** up as long as he likes and nothing will change. I honestly believe we could get relegated next season and he would remain in post to rebuild as he is one for the future as far as SL is concerned.

But SL is the owner so he can do what he likes - who gives a you no what for the idiot fans who will shell out the money whatever.

Does SL care - who knows ?????????????/

Agree with every word. 

It was interesting to read Michael McIndoe's comments in the early new year.

He commented that playing our high press, quick passing game takes it's toll on players. He also commented that Man City play a similar game but their financial clout means that they can not only go out and buy the best technical players, but also those with the nest fitness and stamina. We don't have that ability , so while in the first half of the season we showed that we were almost as good as anyone playing our way, eventually a combination of injuries and player fatigue mean that the players are not able to play with the same tempo and intensity as they did earlier in the season.

Fammy and Duric's injuries also meant that we were playing Bobby up front on his own, and for al that he is a bit like a Duracell bunny and has tremendous energy, a lone striker role is physically draining and it seems like Bobby has lost some of his early season spark recently, and I think he is key to our pressing game.

Archived