IGNORED

for those going to Millwall its Dockers day at the den

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

'Dockers day celebrates the history of the club's traditional supporters'

Luton '85?

Ipswich cup tie in late 70's?

First ground to have fences by order of FA? (latter part of mid to late 60's).

Well, those Dockers did like a fight. My great granddad was a Royal Navy boxing champion (still have the tea sets to prove it) and bare knuckle champion of the Old Kent Road, as well as a docker o leaving navy.  And, did you know Bermondsey is (in)famous for producing more bank robbers, British boxing champions (most recent David Haye) and Victoria Cross winners than any other district in Britain.

1 minute ago, Piccolo said:

Well, those Dockers did like a fight. My great granddad was a Royal Navy boxing champion (still have the tea sets to prove it) and bare knuckle champion of the Old Kent Road, as well as a docker o leaving navy.  And, did you know Bermondsey is (in)famous for producing more bank robbers, British boxing champions (most recent David Haye) and Victoria Cross winners than any other district in Britain.

Was it this chap?

daf33fca2be7b265afc5f6b6c9d6e6f8.jpg

Just now, Piccolo said:

Ha yeah. Tough but proud I reckon (if that makes sense).

That is a great nugget, a claim to fame for Bermondsey.

23 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Was it this chap?

daf33fca2be7b265afc5f6b6c9d6e6f8.jpg

Ha. Sadly not - more my granddad's generation. Did sound like him though. Harry "Buster" Merryfield was a boxing champion though, and as well as being a Millwall fan, he even had trials at the club in the 1930s when we has a very good side

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

Good bit of copy and paste there @Piccolo :thumbsup:

Archived