IGNORED

Make or break today for LJ

no_merde

53 minutes ago, no_merde said:

Make or break today I fear for little Lee. If he can’t deliver the wins we need to get us into the promised land what’s the point in keeping him on?

Beaucoup de merde!

Not no merde!

50 minutes ago, no_merde said:

Make or break today I fear for little Lee. If he can’t deliver the wins we need to get us into the promised land what’s the point in keeping him on?

by your reckoning there would be 21 sackings at the end of every season!!

If it was any other club this would happen, but with SL going to every newspaper when we were doing well to do an interview that said "Sticking with LJ was the right thing to do, see I was right" it is clear that SL is a very proud man. And sacking LJ would be like admitting he was wrong, which he won't do. So no, even if we were destroyed 10-0 today, he won't go, for better or worse.

Is this LJs team? Or has he bowed to most of us who seem not to want Kent,Diony and a couple of others 

anywhere the squad,as this seemed to be the general consensus amongst the majority of supporters I don’t 

think we can have too many complaints whatever the result.

From mr glass half full man.

To be fair, ive never heard of another manager in a club in our position confirmibg he doesnt want the season to fizzle out. What the hell??? Shouldnt he be a bit more positive and aggressive at this point? We are going for it etc etc??? Its like hes given up with 6 games to go?!

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think this counts as this week’s “must win” thread.

Five more to go.

Currently with the score as it is we're 4 points behind the play offs and we've only managed 14 points so far this year.... if you genuinely think we're going to be in the play-offs I applaud your faith but also can't help but laugh at it too.

We're not making the play-offs, a win today would have been enough to give us a shot, a loss today and we're done.

Does everyone remember before xmas when Lee was being touted as the next big thing.....?

The longer this goes on the more I just think it was a good run/purple patch, nothing more nothing less and we are now back to LJ football. 

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Currently with the score as it is we're 4 points behind the play offs and we've only managed 14 points so far this year.... if you genuinely think we're going to be in the play-offs I applaud your faith but also can't help but laugh at it too.

We're not making the play-offs, a win today would have been enough to give us a shot, a loss today and we're done.

At what point did I say I genuinely thought we’d be in the play offs?

12 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Does everyone remember before xmas when Lee was being touted as the next big thing.....?

The longer this goes on the more I just think it was a good run/purple patch, nothing more nothing less and we are now back to LJ football. 

Press talk that was,nobody ever believed that I don’t think 

1 hour ago, no_merde said:

Does anybody think (hope) his dad might step in?

Where did I miss the part that we have slipped into the relegation places?

Ok, so we're not going to get to the play offs, big deal!  The Championship is fine, what's the rush?

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Ok, so we're not going to get to the play offs, big deal!  The Championship is fine, what's the rush?

14 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Are you serious?

Bazooka Joe, its crazy, isn't it, I am sure it is not true, but it's almost as if the only fans with ambition for our club, being a big city and all, who want us to progress, to one day reach the premiership, are unhappy with LJ's management? Whilst those happy with mediocrity want him to stay.

Oh hang on, I've answered my own question.

11 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Are you serious?

Yep, I can't stand the money-eating monster of the Premier League.  I'm in no rush to get there.  Of course, I'll support City if they get there with heart and passion, much the same as I would in any league.

50 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Yep, I can't stand the money-eating monster of the Premier League.  I'm in no rush to get there.  Of course, I'll support City if they get there with heart and passion, much the same as I would in any league.

I agree with your sentiment, but as a club it can’t be very reassuring knowing you management team allow these huge slumps in form.

itll bite us in the bum soon

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I also detest the gentrificaion of football, the money-grabbing Premier League, and the greed of players. agents and all the other hangers-on.

However, I assume we, like every other club, are all chasing the same prize, so the sooner we get there the better.

I can think of numerous people (including some former OTIB posters), who died before their dream of seeing City getting to the Prem was realised.

It pains me to think of all the time and hard-earned cash they spent following City through thick and thin, and the frustration they endured over the years, hoping to see City in the Prem.

So if you're not in any rush to get to the Prem, how long are you willing to wait?

19 hours ago, reddogkev said:

His dad? Blimey I'd sooner keep LJ if that was the only option. There is a reason why GJ has never done any better than us and is now in League 2

8 hours ago, reddogkev said:

So you'll not be too bothered by the slump which has meant we won't be getting there

Archived