IGNORED

Still a chance...

ollywhyte

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

I'm gonna be that person...

5 games, 15 points to play for. 2 teams above we need to overhaul.

Tuesday night we simply have to beat Birmingham, 1-0 off someone's back side I don't care. 

Boro still have to play Sheff Utd (A), us (We have a good record there) Derby (A), Millwall (someone's dropping points) and the Ipswich (A) final day, Micks final game so expect he will be up for it.

Millwall also have a very tricky run, Bolton (A - and fighting for survival), Sheff Utd (A), Fulham (H), Boro (someone's dropping points) and Villa final game.

Our run looks far more favourable with three home games as opposed to two, and despite being in beyond horrific form we have got to give it a good go. We would all be buzzing and optimistic if this season happened in reverse and we were in this position coming off the back of a string of consecutive wins. 

Come on lads, let's take it to the last day at least and who knows what may happen! 

Well done pal  ,, you beat me to it   just! we are on the same wavelength   Every thing you say  I'm with you all the way !   I  would have posted word for word  :yes:

All of our play off contenders with home matches today WON    Derby Middlesboro Millwall Brentford       All the away  Us , Preston Sheff utd  LOST      TUESDAY  MATCHES   all that were home today are AWAY      ALL that were away are at HOME     so IF THE Results  go the same way    WE WILL BE BACK TO 7TH  1 POINT BEHIND  Middlesborough   Sets it up nicely for Saturday !

1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

All of our play off contenders with home matches today WON    Derby Middlesboro Millwall Brentford       All the away  Us , Preston Sheff utd  LOST      TUESDAY  MATCHES   all that were home today are AWAY      ALL that were away are at HOME     so IF THE Results  go the same way    WE WILL BE BACK TO 7TH  1 POINT BEHIND  Middlesborough   Sets it up nicely for Saturday !

I love this optimism in the face of so much alternative evidence - you do realise that playing at home means nothing right now?

And we can't muster a shot on target whether home or away.

All these positive stats and predictions very sadly overlook just how desperately poor we are playing right now (home and away) - its nearly tragic.

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Pissed off with hope . We should never of been in this position . A huge collapse was the only thing stopping us , and ourselves, something is massively wrong at my club . Two massive dips . 

You’re right Shelts

1 A mayo that initially tastes nice but seems to leave a dissapointing taste as the minutes tick by

2 Sweet & Sour

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You’re right Shelts

1 A mayo that initially tastes nice but seems to leave a dissapointing taste as the minutes tick by

2 Sweet & Sour

Super Bob I’m worried about the effects of this last hurrahs will have on next season . Can’t decise who to blame for this, maybe equally to blame . Frustrated 

7 minutes ago, shelts said:

Super Bob I’m worried about the effects of this last hurrahs will have on next season . Can’t decise who to blame for this, maybe equally to blame . Frustrated 

Totally agree mate -  not too bothered about play offs necessarily - more concerned where we might head in the medium term

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Totally agree mate -  not too bothered about play offs necessarily - more concerned where we might head in the medium term

It’s like the season has ended . Same group of players flogged to death without any adequate back up or chance of a rest . We can’t play the high press as we’re knackered. No plan B . Personally I liked having Bobby on his own with Patto behind as I didn’t think we needed a big un like Fammy as it forced us to play . 

24 minutes ago, shelts said:

Pissed off with hope . We should never of been in this position . A huge collapse was the only thing stopping us , and ourselves, something is massively wrong at my club . Two massive dips . 

The football club as a whole is mentally weak, has been for a very long time. The only thing that will stop this mental fragility is getting a promotion to the premier league. 

10 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

The football club as a whole is mentally weak, has been for a very long time. The only thing that will stop this mental fragility is getting a promotion to the premier league. 

Good post . No chance of the Prem until the mindset is changed. Weak mentally and physically I’m afraid 

There is obviously a chance and we have been really fortunate that other teams around us have been slipping up to keep us in with that slim chance. We could also benefit from the other teams playing each other around us providing we also finally win these last few.

However, the last few games we have been really poor on top of a bad run of form since the turn of the year. I don’t even think you can put it down to being found out. We have simply been that bad.

Today we were so weak physically and mentally on and off the ball. There was no desire there to compete at all. There was no know-how when getting tussled off the ball to draw a free-kick. When we had the ball we seemed to have no clue of movement to open them up. 

It’s going to take a dramatic turnaround and some fortune with other results to make it. 

Comes back to character. Our players are certainly mentally weak, and some are physically weak. We lack real leadership on the pitch & all the fears about a Pack & Smith central midfield from last season have resurfaced. If O'Neill has been fit for the past few weeks why haven't we played him? He at least has some professional pride, although not playing in this team is probably better for his lasting reputation!

15 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Tuesday night we simply have to beat Birmingham, 1-0 off someone's back side I don't care. 

We still have a chance, we just have to beat Barnsley  Brentford  Millwall   Birmingham ad infinitum. :(

tenor.gif

I applaud your optimism though :clap:

9 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Comes back to character. Our players are certainly mentally weak, and some are physically weak. We lack real leadership on the pitch & all the fears about a Pack & Smith central midfield from last season have resurfaced. If O'Neill has been fit for the past few weeks why haven't we played him? He at least has some professional pride, although not playing in this team is probably better for his lasting reputation!

I’m thinking the same - get O’Neil in there. We need someone with experience who can handle the pressure. Generally we need to try something different. I’d try Djuric (if he’s fit) and Reid up front and put Brownhill in the middle with O’Neil. Against Brum I would play 4-4-2 with O’Dowda and Eliasson providing the width. Against Boro 4-3-3 bringing Smith in for Eliasson or O’Dowda. In essence though we need to try something different to break the form and create some shots on target. 

I also would put o'neil in. Though as strange as it sounds I don't think the management will do that. If he comes in and does well then that would suggest he is worth a new contract. Is is obvious he is a high earner and i think the management will want him off the books at the end of the season.

16 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Boro still have to play Sheff Utd (A), us (We have a good record there) Derby (A), Millwall (someone's dropping points) and the Ipswich (A) final day, Micks final game so expect he will be up for it.

Millwall also have a very tricky run, Bolton (A - and fighting for survival), Sheff Utd (A), Fulham (H), Boro (someone's dropping points) and Villa final game.

Our run looks far more favourable with three home games as opposed to two, and despite being in beyond horrific form we have got to give it a good go. We would all be buzzing and optimistic if this season happened in reverse and we were in this position coming off the back of a string of consecutive wins. 

Come on lads, let's take it to the last day at least and who knows what may happen! 

Love your optimism Olly, and you deserve a medal coming on here with that...but alas I do believe the players have as said 'downed tools' You know the maxim about not leaving anything out there after 90 minutes, well we are leaving plenty. Probably should be on the other thread, but I have to wonder if the dressing room has in fact been lost.

But stranger things....

LJ stumbled across a formation and game plan in the first half season, largely as a result of injuries.

No big front man meant we had to pass, press and work openings with speed. Worked well. Then in January LJ  started to introduce some very questionable signings and returned to playing a big target man. Result - totally lost our way, players  have lost belief in themselves and LJ . Even more concerning, as we have seen before., LJ is simply not able to motivate or steer the players through a crisis of confidence. He actually seems to just keep digging a bigger hole for himself and the team. Clearly he lacks experience at this level. Will he ever make a good manager? Who knows, who cares?  One thing I do know is that BCFC should not suffer just so LJ can learn,. JOHNSON OUT

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:12, Shtanley said:

If we win our next 2 it is on. But we'll have to rely on Millwall and Boro drawing. 

If we win the next two? wtf. Never put City in any of my bets, to win or lose.

Birmingham have to be nailed on Tuesday. Won three of the last four on a roll.

Can probably get 2/1, 5/2 on brum. Best bet be on the correct score. City 0v1 Birmingham.

Archived