IGNORED

Still a chance...

ollywhyte

On 08/04/2018 at 21:12, Jurassic said:

LJ stumbled across a formation and game plan in the first half season, largely as a result of injuries.

No big front man meant we had to pass, press and work openings with speed. Worked well. Then in January LJ  started to introduce some very questionable signings and returned to playing a big target man. Result - totally lost our way, players  have lost belief in themselves and LJ . Even more concerning, as we have seen before., LJ is simply not able to motivate or steer the players through a crisis of confidence. He actually seems to just keep digging a bigger hole for himself and the team. Clearly he lacks experience at this level. Will he ever make a good manager? Who knows, who cares?  One thing I do know is that BCFC should not suffer just so LJ can learn,. JOHNSON OUT

So Johnson stumbled on a working formula because of injuries before the injuries even happened?

That's quite an ambitious attempt at revisionism there.

On 08/04/2018 at 21:12, Jurassic said:

LJ stumbled across a formation and game plan in the first half season, largely as a result of injuries.

18 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So Johnson stumbled on a working formula because of injuries before the injuries even happened?

That's quite an ambitious attempt at revisionism there.

Think you’re incorrect there James....our significant injuries all happened well within the first half of the season....ie Djuric, Hegeler. O’Dowda, Diédhiou, O’Neil, Pisano....

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Think you’re incorrect there James....our significant injuries all happened well within the first half of the season....ie Djuric, Hegeler. O’Dowda, Diédhiou, O’Neil, Pisano....

Am I imagining that we were in decent form for pretty much the entirety of the first half of the season then?

LEAGUE RESULTS UP TO WOLVES DEFEAT

WLDDDWDWDWWDLWWWDLWWWWDWL

4 defeats in that entire run, and more than a point per game throughout any 5 game spell.

O'Neil was injured from before the season started and has just come back in the last couple of weeks. May have had a week or two fit before getting injured again, whether he did or not you're clutching at straws trying to claim him as a significant injury.

Similar with Hegeler. He started while Flint was left out due to the Birmingham saga.

O'Dowdas injury was against Hull.

Our record prior to that game was WLDDDWDWDWDWWDLWWWDL.

Thats quite a significant chunk of the games that we had O'Dowda for.

Diedhiou, injured against Palace.

Games with him until then: WLDDDWDWDWWDL

13 games of the first 25. So he was available for at least half of the good form, O'Dowda available for even more of it.

Djuric was injured from the start of the season, and returned in the Palace game, replacing Diedhiou, our entire preseason was spent without Djuric, and as such we quite clearly weren't going to be basing our system around him during his time out.

Like with O'Neil, those straws are frantically being grasped at.

Pisano is the only one you have anything resembling a point about, but to claim that 1 injury that was not one of the known absentees is "stumbling on a team that works" is, at the least disrespect, and at its worse, contempt.

10 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Am I imagining that we were in decent form for pretty much the entirety of the first half of the season then?

LEAGUE RESULTS UP TO WOLVES DEFEAT

WLDDDWDWDWWDLWWWDLWWWWDWL

4 defeats in that entire run, and more than a point per game throughout any 5 game spell.

O'Neil was injured from before the season started and has just come back in the last couple of weeks. May have had a week or two fit before getting injured again, whether he did or not you're clutching at straws trying to claim him as a significant injury.

Similar with Hegeler. He started while Flint was left out due to the Birmingham saga.

O'Dowdas injury was against Hull.

Our record prior to that game was WLDDDWDWDWDWWDLWWWDL.

Thats quite a significant chunk of the games that we had O'Dowda for.

Diedhiou, injured against Palace.

Games with him until then: WLDDDWDWDWWDL

13 games of the first 25. So he was available for at least half of the good form, O'Dowda available for even more of it.

Djuric was injured from the start of the season, and returned in the Palace game, replacing Diedhiou, our entire preseason was spent without Djuric, and as such we quite clearly weren't going to be basing our system around him during his time out.

Like with O'Neil, those straws are frantically being grasped at.

Pisano is the only one you have anything resembling a point about, but to claim that 1 injury that was not one of the known absentees is "stumbling on a team that works" is, at the least disrespect, and at its worse, contempt.

Your defensive haste to type as much analysis as you can seems to be supporting the point made by @Jurassic - the very point with which you were disagreeing?!

@Jurassic was pointing out that injuries to key players in the first half of the season meant LJ had to come up with another formation and plan which worked. You’ve said above that Djuric, O’Neil and Hegeler were injured from the start of the season and then admitted that Diédhiou, O’Dowda and Pisano were injured in the first half of the season.

Hegeler by the way started the first two league games of the season, was on the bench for the 3rd and 4th league games and started the two League Cup games against Plymouth and Watford...not bad for someone who was injured from the start of the season...and Djuric played against Fulham, Sunderland and Palace in October and against Cardiff and Sheff Wed in November - again not bad for someone who was out injured from the start of the season.

You’ve typed out our run of form up to the away game at Hull...your detailed analysis included 20 matches....yet we played 18 league matches up to the Hull game and 4 cup matches...so either 18 or 22 results to be analysed, and you’ve come up with 20?! 

So overrall I agree with @Jurassic - we had injuries to key members of our squad in the first half of the season which meant LJ had to search for a solution, and it worked up until the new year...can’t really see any reason to argue with that...

38 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Your defensive haste to type as much analysis as you can seems to be supporting the point made by @Jurassic - the very point with which you were disagreeing?!

@Jurassic was pointing out that injuries to key players in the first half of the season meant LJ had to come up with another formation and plan which worked. You’ve said above that Djuric, O’Neil and Hegeler were injured from the start of the season and then admitted that Diédhiou, O’Dowda and Pisano were injured in the first half of the season.

Hegeler by the way started the first two league games of the season, was on the bench for the 3rd and 4th league games and started the two League Cup games against Plymouth and Watford...not bad for someone who was injured from the start of the season...and Djuric played against Fulham, Sunderland and Palace in October and against Cardiff and Sheff Wed in November - again not bad for someone who was out injured from the start of the season.

You’ve typed out our run of form up to the away game at Hull...your detailed analysis included 20 matches....yet we played 18 league matches up to the Hull game and 4 cup matches...so either 18 or 22 results to be analysed, and you’ve come up with 20?! 

So overrall I agree with @Jurassic - we had injuries to key members of our squad in the first half of the season which meant LJ had to search for a solution, and it worked up until the new year...can’t really see any reason to argue with that...

First, I said Hegeler started the season, he started because of the situation with Flint and IIRC Baker missed a game or two at the start from an injury or suspension, I'm not 100% sure there, but it's quite clear Hegeler wasn't the first choice and started due to the circumstances at the time.

Second, Jurassics post suggested we started in poor form and only found form after the injuries once the season started "stumbled upon a team that works". That is demonstrably false.

Thirdly, I typed out 25 games, every league match from Barnsley on the opening day until Wolves at the end of December. If you're referring to the O'Dowda bit specifically then it's possible I forgot to take out a couple of the cup games. I had forgotten to remove them from the Diedhiou one and went back to double check, but obviously should have double checked the others because that slipped me by.

Finally, the lengthy response wasn't to Jurassic.

Last time I checked, showing that we were in good form BEFORE the key players (O'Dowda, Diedhiou) got injured and the fact they were playing in over half of those games doesn't back up the claim saying that we stumbled into form after they were injured.

Archived