IGNORED

Up the city!

Globe Trotter

However good or bad or indifferent City are doing, thank your lucky stars that your mother/father/village goat was not a glory supporting Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool fan and respect them for raising another city fan. 

The glory supporting commercial plastic nonsense fans will never know the magic of Scunthorpe or Rochdale away and more fool them. Embrace it! Love the passion! 

Support your local football team, even if it’s Rovers. The show will go on, and we will get there and when we do it will be worth it. Keep the faith! 

I went to the Checkatrade Trophy Final yesterday, saw Lincoln City go to Wembley for the first time and win, and witnessed the joy plastered all over the faces of the what must've been about 30k fans. Quality atmosphere, direct, but exciting football, and a club gunning for promotion to League 1 that was non-league a year ago.

A competition win like that will mean more to a Lincoln fan than 10 Premiership titles will mean to the Man United London branch.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

One of my mates posted a pic on Facebook of him and his baby son in Man Utd shirts. Caption 'Manchester is red'.

Do these sorts realise how weird that is, born and bred in Bristol WTF is Manchester to do with anything? 

Way of the modern world tbh.

Where I work, the % of those who like football- who support either Bristol club, and this has been the case in my last few work places is in single figures.

That's a combined total of either Bristol club.

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

One of my mates posted a pic on Facebook of him and his baby son in Man Utd shirts. Caption 'Manchester is red'.

Do these sorts realise how weird that is, born and bred in Bristol WTF is Manchester to do with anything? 

Just call him a**** and defriend him, or whatever you do on bookface.

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Way of the modern world tbh.

Where I work, the % of those who like football- who support either Bristol club, and this has been the case in my last few work places is in single figures.

That's a combined total of either Bristol club.

What annoys me more is that everyone buys in to the sensationalist sky hype and joins in with all the painfully unfunny 'Arsenal 4th hahaha' banter. It's ******* boring. Majority of people I know that support a PL club do it because other people do and its popular and trendy. It's like when Americans decide they're Liverpool fans all of a sudden. WHY.

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

What annoys me more is that everyone buys in to the sensationalist sky hype and joins in with all the painfully unfunny 'Arsenal 4th hahaha' banter. It's ******* boring. Majority of people I know that support a PL club do it because other people do and its popular and trendy. It's like when Americans decide they're Liverpool fans all of a sudden. WHY.

Sounds about right.

Bit of an exaggeration this comparison perhaps, but I'd take one away win following us- anywhere- to any reflected glory of being one of the Big 4 (perhaps now big 6) 'fans' via Sky.

That's exactly the realisation I came to on my way back from Millwall feeling a bit disheartened having not seen a shot on target in 180 minutes of football this week. I don't see how any gloryhunter or United fan from Bristol can experience the elation we felt on that cup run or from our title winning season. Although we are subject to perpetual mediocrity, that very rare success that comes around every 10-20 years makes it feel all the more worthwhile. 

6 minutes ago, Coppello said:

That's exactly the realisation I came to on my way back from Millwall feeling a bit disheartened having not seen a shot on target in 180 minutes of football this week. I don't see how any gloryhunter or United fan from Bristol can experience the elation we felt on that cup run or from our title winning season. Although we are subject to perpetual mediocrity, that very rare success that comes around every 10-20 years makes it feel all the more worthwhile. 

Totally agree, which is why I'm excited about an opportunity to thrash the yamyams tomorrow and am making the trip to Boro on Saturday... Yes the likelyhood is increased depression but it's in the blood and the once in 20 year rise from mediocrity makes it worthwhile..COYR

Fair to say no-one could ever accuse us of being gloryhunters.  If you looked at a ratio of "size of fanbase : success", we must be very near the top of the list - if not right at the top.  There can't be many clubs in any country who could take 45k to Wembley having never won a major trophy.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fair to say no-one could ever accuse us of being gloryhunters.  If you looked at a ratio of "size of fanbase : success", we must be very near the top of the list - if not right at the top.  There can't be many clubs in any country who could take 45k to Wembley having never won a major trophy.

Or maybe just a massive City starved of footballing success. Wonder how many of that 45k have been back to the Gate more than 5 times since?

29 minutes ago, Coppello said:

We excel at mediocrity here .

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How many did we take for the 1909 cup final v the plastics??:chant6ez:

1909 FA Cup Final prior to KO.jpg

11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I went to the Checkatrade Trophy Final yesterday, saw Lincoln City go to Wembley for the first time and win, and witnessed the joy plastered all over the faces of the what must've been about 30k fans. Quality atmosphere, direct, but exciting football, and a club gunning for promotion to League 1 that was non-league a year ago.

A competition win like that will mean more to a Lincoln fan than 10 Premiership titles will mean to the Man United London branch.

Aren’t Lincoln the only club to lose in FIVE successive play-offs - at the start of this century?! Got to the final at least a couple of times during that incredible run...but those finals were played at the Millennium Stadium....good to see them finally get to Wembley...

12 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Shame that competition is one threatening to kill English football with the introduction of B teams. Lincoln fans are lapping it up now but they won't hesitate to cry and kick up a fuss if Chelsea u23's enter their league.

27 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Shame that competition is one threatening to kill English football with the introduction of B teams. Lincoln fans are lapping it up now but they won't hesitate to cry and kick up a fuss if Chelsea u23's enter their league.

I guess Lincoln were outside the EFL when the original decision / vote took place, so we won’t know how they would’ve voted...But the Cowley Brothers were definitely in favour of it on their return this season.

51 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Well the sponsors must've been thankful the Chelsea U23s didn't beat Lincoln in the semi-finals. That would've gone down like a lead balloon.

It's a difficult one. The Lincoln fans I went with wouldn't have missed it for the world, neither would any other fan of a small team in this country, but they're all fanatically opposed to the U23 teams being in the competition.

Should just boot the lot of them out of it. It's a competition for lower league teams, players and fans, not for wealthy teenagers at Chelsea.

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I guess Lincoln were outside the EFL when the original decision / vote took place, so we won’t know how they would’ve voted...But the Cowley Brothers were definitely in favour of it on their return this season.

Whereas fans of every other club in the competition for the last 2 seasons have shown their disdain at the introduction of B teams and stayed away altogether (many teams breaking records for lowest competitive crowd in their history), Lincoln have been getting huge crowds (in comparison) for every round. Pathetic.

13 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Don't rub it in. I'm a Shrews fan and now four losing visits to Wembley. My only other favourite club, Livi look OK for play off spot but can they get back to the SPL? Hope so. 

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Don't rub it in. I'm a Shrews fan and now four losing visits to Wembley. My only other favourite club, Livi look OK for play off spot but can they get back to the SPL? Hope so. 

Never seen an end empty as fast at the final whistle mind! Could smell the dejection.

Full respect to them though, the turnaround over the last year has been really impressive.

Archived